Usually I read reviews before booking a hotel; however on this occasion I'm glad I read the reviews after making a non-refundable booking.
Some of the reviews from early January were average to poor which worried me and perhaps lowered my expectation.
Thankfully I have nothing to complain about which make me wonder what were the expectations of those who wrote the poor reviews?
Adults only! How brilliant is that! Wish more hotels/resorts did it. No offense to those with kids; however to those of us without kids who want to enjoy a relaxing, quiet holiday this place rocks!!!
The location is amazing. Sitting above the bay on the side of the hill it has fabulous views of kamala beach. It is close enough to the beach to walk (10min) but far enough away to avoid the family holidays and budget travelers. We rented scooters (200bt a day) and were able to zip up and down the hill as we wanted.
Food - breakfast was brilliant and the restaurant was what one would expect from a resort. Decent food at Thai resort prices (not expensive). If you are expecting to do luxury Thailand on 5US$ a day you are about 2 decades late.
Drinks are also what you would expect to pay in an equivalent location elsewhere in the world. Yes they are cheaper on kamala beach but you don't get vanilla sky bar views. If you want to get out of the hotel try Silk next door or Rockfish just down the hill.
Not sure what the deal is with Taxis as we didnt use them?
Staff friendly and attentive. After 2 days they knew what we liked and made useful suggestions. Top tip to the traveller who want 5 star service - tip generously on your first day with cash. 100bt is nothing to us and a huge amount to a service industry person in Thailand. Being generous will get you a lot more than complaining.
Some travelers complained about the sewage smells. Yes occasional unpleasant smells; what do you expect, it's hot, its Asia and some times it happens?
Overall I thought this place was great. Maybe not perfect, but for the price it was brilliant. No complaints, yes would recommend yes would stay again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cape Sienna is a new chic modern resort that brings sophisticated style of city living to the tropical beauty of Phuket. Designed as a retreat for the urbane cosmopolitan, the sleek accommodations and restaurants are all positioned to command stunning sea views from a dramatic west coast headland. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, TravelUp and Expedia so you can book your Cape Sienna Hotel & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cape Sienna Hotel And Villas
- Cape Sienna Resort
- Cape Sienna Hotel & Villas Kamala, Phuket