“Very nice, but strangely cooked prawns”

Beefeater Morris Dancers
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Beefeater opened their doors back in 1974, and were driven by a passion for glorious steak. Mouth-watering cuts at mouth-watering prices was their motto. Reassuringly nothing's changed, these things still drive them today and they always will. Beefeater believe in two things, a warm friendly welcome and serving incredible steak that you can kick back, relax and enjoy. Just up the road from Southport, & a stone's throw from Blundells&s Beach & Martin Mere we're the ideal location for gatherings large & small
Reviewed 23 April 2018 via mobile

Spur of the moment booking, table of 3. Very pleasant staff, polite and friendly. My son and I had Chicken and Ribs, which was very good and very tasty. My wife had the steak, chicken and prawn combo, and was surprised to find that the battered prawns had been cooked in their shells. Meaning that she had to de-shell them removing both the shell and the batter. She did ask why they were cooked that way, and apparently thats how they are told to cook them, but surely you expect to eat both the prawn and the batter. Anyway besides that small issue, everything else was spot on, and it was a very enjoyable meal out.

MorrisDancers, General Manager at Beefeater Morris Dancers, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2018

Thank you for your review. We are so pleased you found the team pleasant, polite and friendly! I would like to apologise for the poor quality prawns you received.
In order to clarify, the battered prawns ARE supposed to be peeled before being battered. This is clearly an oversight in the kitchen and a miscommunication front of house. We have re communicated this with the team and spot tested the prawns regularly to ensure this is consistent.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 17 April 2018 via mobile

We went for an early tea with the 40% off voucher. Jean served us and she was friendly and helpful. We really enjoyed our food and great service from Jean.

MorrisDancers, General Manager at Beefeater Morris Dancers, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2018

Thank you for your lovely feedback. Jean was absolutely made up with your comments on her great service. We are so pleased you received a 40% voucher, keep your eye on your reward card statement for more offers coming soon. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 12 April 2018

Just visited this restaurant and was extremely happy with the way we were treated.

The service (by Curtis) was very professional, he was witty and chatty but not imposing in any way. He was very attentive and made sure we were happy with everything. Very well done!!!

The food was excellent, We had steaks and they were cooked to perfection, mine was medium rare and it was perfect so much so that I asked that my comments and thanks were passed on to the chef.

The restaurant was crowded (due to first day of Aintree but that did not deter the staff from giving excellent service.

What a lovely review! Thank you so much for your fantastic feedback. Curtis was thrilled to read your comments. He is definitely one of our superstars and his love of people just shines through. We have passed on your feedback to the kitchen team and they were proud to see your food was “perfect “. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 8 April 2018

I recently had a Saturday evening meal at The Morris Dancers for the third time in about five months and each time it has got steadily worse. The first time a party of three of us attended and we had some minor issues (a dirty glass and the wrong dessert came) but our waiter went above and beyond, (issuing a decent discount) to correct these issues so we were more than pleased and it made us want to go back again. On the second occasion a party of 11 of us attended and we were let down badly to say the least. It was obvious the place was understaffed and we saw more than one table complaining. One of our party's main meals did not arrive at all, it had been completely forgotten about so was subsequently hurriedly cooked. Four of us asked/paid for sweet potato fries but just ordinary fries arrived and again, we had an apology and a discount. A party of three of us attended this weekend. I ordered the new steak, prawn and chicken combo and asked for the steak medium to well. When it came, the steak and chicken/chorizo on a skewer were burnt to a crisp, so was the salmon another of us had. It was obvious these meals had been left under the grill whilst the third meal was still cooking. How the head chef let these meals go out to the table is beyond me. I was initially told there would be no charge for the combo meal but this was then changed to a 40% discount off the food which came to less than the original offer. This is a shame as there is a nice, friendly atmosphere in The Morris Dancers but in three successive visits we have had wrong food, forgotten food, burnt food and apologies from the staff. I have tried to give them the benefit of the doubt by re-attending but I now won't be going again. The management need to get a grip.

Thank you for you honest feedback. The poor service and food you have received is unacceptable and I am disappointed that we have let you down. The fact you have been let down more than once is embarrassing and I offer my sincerest apologies.
I have recently returned from maternity leave and would like the opportunity to discuss these issues in more detail in order to investigate the matter further. I would really appreciate your support in order to ensure this is resolved for you as a valued and formerly regular guest.
If you would like to contact me, please email morrisdancersormskirkgm@whitbread.com
Thank you again for your feedback. I hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

dropped in unexpectedly with the wife over the Easter holiday and was pleasantly surprised, food was cooked to perfection sea bass was great enjoyed it and the sweet was lovely plus the waiter was outstanding couldn't do enough for us talked us into buying a raffle ticket for an Easter egg and we won, had a great time. hadn't been in the Morris dancers for 47years or more, last time I was in it was a drinking pub and I sang a song on the mike accompanied by a piano, must admit I enjoyed that night as well

Thank you for your lovely feedback. It’s such a pleasure to welcome back guests and hear tales of the history of the Morris Dancers. The kitchen team were thrilled to see your fantastic comments about your food. We have a new summer menu starting in June which has a Tasty Tuna Steak dish on it, if you liked the Seabass you will LOVE it. Congratulations on winning your Easter Egg. We raised over £200 for GOSH that weekend so thank you for your contribution.
We look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Hopefully you won’t wait 47 years to come see us this time.