All reviews opposite sides well worth a visit one night yogurt saint georges market on saturday rear journey spain wifi bells
Reviewed 12 September 2015

We stayed at this lovely hotel Aug 26th on our way to Spain and what a wonderful start to our holiday this was
This hotel was more than adequate with the staff going over the top to to help you in a pleasant way
On leaving we noticed that the town and surrounding area was very nice and would liked to have stayed longer but as we had a long way to go this wasn,t possible Would definitely go back to this hotel

Stayed: August 2015
Reviewed 10 September 2015 via mobile

We stayed at the hotel for one night on the way to visit friends. The hotel is in a pleasant town with a large park and stream. From the moment we arrived the owners were so friendly and accommodating. The room although small was very clean and ideal for a nights stop. What we didn't expect when we booked into dinner was the fabulous restaurant which you walk to across the road. Unlike the hotel it is superbly decorated with a fantastic menu and wine list. The food was fabulous, as was the service. It was a real treat when we weren't expecting it ! It was also full even though it was a Monday evening ! It was one of the best meals that I have had for a long time and makes the hotel well worth a visit !

Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 September 2015

Lovely hotel in nice little village with great market saturday morning and lots to do nearby. Staff were very helpful and friendly, epecially Stella. Restaurant had great ambience, great menu selection and food was superb. Awesome salade perigourdine (don't go for the large one, the small is huge).

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank digimarc
Reviewed 10 July 2015

I phoned ahead and got a nice large room in historic annexe building where their restaurant is. Their car park was full so he had to park on main square which we try to avoid when travelling with fully loaded car. We arrived at 7.45pm so went to dinner almost immediately.

Restaurant looked great, we had a lovely table. Menu is about 30€, but the food was very basic. My main of monk fish and scallop brochette with a seafood, had the most overcooked scallops - literally hard! served with awful chestnut mashed potato which was a terrible match and there was no promised sauce. When I questionned this I was told it had run out! Another table of 10 near us, several ordered the same and there was a discussion re missing sauce although being french ( and locals) no-one complained to the staff directly. Wine list was expensive and not very good- a really basic bottle was about 25€.

We subsequently discovered we could have eaten in the brassiere and there was a cheaper day menu but this was not offered to us. The staff seemed to rush us and everyone else. I paid for the room and dinner at 10pm as we planned to get on the road early the next morning.

The room had only 1 towel even though it was a family room and I had booked for 2 adults- no extra pillows and no hotel info in the room. I wanted to get onto the internet and I discovered I needed a code which was not in the room so went back downstairs less than 25mins later to find the building locked up, everything closed, no-one at all. I could not believe how they had achieved this.

OVERALL The room was fine, the decor of restauarnt lovely but food pretty dreadful and certainly not we expect from a logis de hotel.

Bakery on square in the morning was fab.

Room Tip: Rooms are fine- bring your own towels, eat elsewhere
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank asterix_et_oblelix
Reviewed 3 September 2014

Split into to separate parts, Le Saint Georges straddles Grand Rue. There is ample parking and the hotel is easy to find. The staff are really friendly and helpful, wished we could have stayed for dinner, the restaurant was still busy at three in the afternoon so must be good. The rooms are functional and clean but our room overlooked the main road and was a bit noisy first thing. Despite that it is an ideal place to stop after a long drive, relax in the lovely old town of Vivonne and have a nice dinner.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends