All reviews place to stay tempura hot shower cold water mosquito net garden cottage sound of the waves the cottages restaurant area excellent place palawan island few hours peace and quiet till midnight island hopping location is great relaxing place
Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

Thats perfect place to chill and take some drink or food, because of the good location and nice view. Smoothiebowls tastes good and healthy. But service... you need to go order to the bar and they’re watchin you like youre an idiot and they dont want you to be there. Even we’ve been tipping more than 10% every time buying something, no smile or any better service next time. We ordered some soft drinks, but waitress told that they dont have any. (Becouse it was raining and she was supposed to go get it from the next building and get wet, so it was easier to say they dont have. )
After rain we got some coke and sprite ofcourse.
And also i hate the one barking dog in the restaurant (owner is working here?) and noone cares even the dog barks all the time next to customers.

I’m confused about how poor service can be and still we’ve visited there 4 times becouse of the smoothiebowls and so comfortable sack chairs.

Stayed: May 2018
1  Thank JonnaP159
Reviewed 18 May 2018 via mobile

In terms of staying here, I would have given it 5 stars. Our waterfront hut was very nice, clean, a good bathroom, and had a table and chairs to sit outside to enjoy the beach and good views.

Electricity only runs through certain hours of the day, but we knew this coming here so this wasnt an issue (apart from a fan through the night wouldve been a big help). There is no hot water and the water pressure isnt great either, but it's bearable and didnt detract from our stay.

However, the staff in their bar and restaurant (both of which are very nicely decorated and laid out), unfortunately came across very poorly, being rather rude, lazy and unhelpful. They made us feel like we were an inconvenience when we wanted to order, distracting them from standing around doing nothing. For example, after ordering many soft drinks in the bar area (whereby a staff member had to go and collect them from the restaurant area - less than 20 metres away) we were bluntly told we could no longer order them at the bar (it is a bar, right?) and had to go and order + collect them ourselves from the restaurant. This is despite it being very quiet and them having 4 staff standing around on their phones.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kaladin T
Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

We stayed on Deep Moon from April 30 to May 3, rooms are ok, don't expect luxury, cold shower or only. I basically don't care about it, but, it takes more than an hour to serve a philipino breakfast, which is supposed to be fast.. everyone on the table has finished, only my breakfast, as the only Philipino breakfast. I guess they forgot it, 3 days in a row! Unbelievable!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Carlos F
Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

My partner and I recently stayed at deep moon resort in April 2018. We booked for 4 nights but once we arrived we wish had only booked 1 or 2 night maximum.
Let’s start with the good,
Its right on the beach and has a lovely restaurant area that’s really relaxing and airy and the food isn’t bad albeit slightly overpriced and undersized for Filipino standards.
It also has an easy online booking system.
Restaurant/reception staff are really lovely and help out as much as they can.

Now the bad,
The rooms look like from the outside but that’s about it! For the price your paying they need an update and a thorough clean. They are just grubby and feel dirty.
Every time we got into bed we thought there was sand on our pillows, after dusting it off a few times I sat there and watched as these tiny black sand like particles kept falling from the ceiling. So I climbed up to see where it was coming from and noticed that it was in fact termites so it turned out what I thought was sand was actually termite droppings falling onto my pillow.
The bathroom is basic which is fine had a nice glass ceiling which would have been great if it wasn’t COVERED in rat droppings and I mean covered!!! One day after we came back from a hike and a heavy downpour of rain, the rain and ray droppings had dropped through a crack and dropped all over the floor and the entire cottage smelt like a dirty pet shop which even after we cleaned it up and then got house keeping to clean the smell never went away. It just stunk like mice for the remainder of the stay. (I’ve added some pics below or the roof)
The bar is popular amongst the people who came to port Barton which is fine but to be honest they are all 18 year of backpackers who just stake out their spot and don’t move all day. Also the bar staff are just plain rude. But I don’t blame them for having to put up with the drunk kids until the power goes out at midnight.
The power is only from 6pm til midnight, so if your not asleep by midnight your just laying there sweating it up. (There’s other places that have power from 6pm-6am)
And last but not least when you are trying to sleep all you can hear is the rats running around in the roof and one the balcony outside.

All in all it’s an ok place or a night but I’d recommend going for a walk along the beach and the streets and find somewhere else that’s quieter and better value for money. Because port barton isn’t still up there on the tourist trail in Palawan most of the places don’t advertise online. A few do but most are just family run places. We went for a walk up the far end of the beach away from deep moon and found a lovely place called Besaga cottages. It was great and better value for money and also has power 6pm-7am. It was great. Highly recommend it.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Roguepassport
Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

One of the best resorts in Port Barton village. Do not expect luxury, this is very simple place, only cold water, limited electricity but still you will find peace here. Not crowded, nice and quiet. Food was very good, perfect beach bar. Eventhough it takes little time to get your food, but please take tour time, you are on vaca and perhaps order ahead of time. Everything was made to order. Actually this was the best philippino food we had in entire Palawan and Coron.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple