Hotels.com
Orbitz.com
eDreams
Priceline
All reviews reindeer farm frozen lake log cabin northern lights discover the world great fun bucket list whole experience arctic circle wilderness activity activities huskies aurora snowmobile puppies sauna
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 March 2022

Our 3rd time in the arctic circle, but our first in Finland. Each has been a wonderful experience, but Nangu really did top everything we have done before. It's a truly fantastic place to stay.

We decided to "push the boat out" and book a cabin with a jacuzzi and sauna.
So glad we did. The jacuzzi is outside on the balcony. -12C with snow falling on your head whilst you sit in a wonderfully warm and bubbly bath is something that I cannot recommend enough. We used it at every possible opportunity. Just a fantastic experience.

All the staff and guides at Nangu are excellent. They really made us feel at home and looked after us.

The catering is absolutely superb. There's not a huge amount of choice, but everything we ate was of the highest standard and there wasn't a meal that we didn't thoroughly enjoy.

We tried a range of activities - husky sledding (which included a bit of puppy playtime, as all good husky activities should), reindeer farm visit, snowshoeing, aurora camp (where we actually got to see the aurora) and snowmobiling. Each and every activity was great fun and well-run.

All-in-all, a holiday that we will not forget and worth absolutely every penny. I honestly cannot think of a single negative thing about the whole experience.

If this type of holiday appeals to you (and if you are reading this, I would imagine it does) then don't hestate - just book. You won't regret it.

Big thanks to Discover the World. Travelling when we did wasn't the easiest of things, but they supported us every step of the way.

Room tip: Choose a cabin with a jacuzzi. Not all have them
Date of stay: February 2022
1  Thank 265JP
Reviewed 18 February 2022

We spent one night in an Aurora glass roofed igloo and had a private sledge ride and dinner with our guide Mattie. He was fantastic, the accommodations were fantastic, and the Northern Lights were fantastic!

Date of stay: February 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mai0Mai8
Reviewed 14 July 2021 via mobile

We decided to spend a luxury holiday and booked one of the gorgeous log cabins. Very beautifully decorated and with a touch of luxury. Above all, we enjoyed our dinner in their beautiful restaurant. We chose to have fish, that was cooked to perfection. Congratulations to the chef!

Room tip: A bit difficult to find, but with a GPS, we had no problems.
Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank LarsSipila
Reviewed 17 March 2020

Front Desk staff uncaring and discerned. We had multiple problems including someone in our party that got a type of food poisoning from either the food or tap water. Galley/kitchen was very concerned a helpful. The Manager nor the desk staff cared enough to check on us in 3 days. Two cabins ill out of three! No choice of set dinner menu. No altering of schedule activities. No refunds for unused activities.

Date of stay: February 2020
4  Thank lisamU3636
Reviewed 13 March 2020 via mobile

We booked directly with Wilderness Hotel, opting for the lake Inari Aurora Hut as we wanted the igloo experience. We booked our own flights and got to the hotel extremely early - I think check in is at 5pm and we got there at about 9:30am. In hindsight I should have told them this but they were extremely hospitable and told us to rest and help ourselves to breakfast while we waited.
The main lobby is stunning and the buffet breakfast was absolutely superb. Our rooms weren’t ready until 5pm but we were able to walk the grounds, shower and get changed.
When we got to the huts (my husband and myself one one, my parents aged 60 in the other), we didn’t realise we wouldn’t be able to take our bags with us. Completely fine but bear this in mind, you’ll leave your bags in the main lodge and then use the showers there, so this is really just a place to get your head down and enjoy the view (northern lights if you’re lucky).
We didn’t realise that there aren’t any power sockets in the huts. There are USB outlets, heating and lighting etc, it’s very cosy and comfortable but Unfortunately my mother uses a CPAP machine which needs to be plugged in. She stayed the first night in the hut but for the following two nights, the staff moved my parents into a log cabin room (no charge and no fuss). This was more comfortable for them (stunning room) and good for us as we could keep our bags and shower in their room.
Bear in mind when choosing your room - the huts are awesome but it’s very much a glamping experience! I loved the experience of the hut for a short break but the panoramic log cabins are so beautiful and self contained that I’d book one of these next time.
We booked all of our excursions through the hotel, cross county skiing and husky safari. Both were absolutely amazing - you are taken to the nellim hotel to do these and I do believe the Nangu hotel is far better - it’s pretty as a postcard and the staff are the best!
We opted for bed & breakfast and paid for dinner each night. Next time I’d go half board because the food is so amazing. All good, wholesome ingredients and freshly prepared (you can see chefs prepping throughout the day). They also catered for one veggie meal which was never repetitive (veggie substitutes, all meals looked the same). Plenty of fresh meat, fish and veggies and proper comfort food.
I read that some people thought the food was repetitive but I can’t comprehend that, every night was a surprise and I’m still dreaming of the food!
I also want to say that the staff are the most welcoming and helpful people I’ve ever encountered in a hotel. They can’t do more to help - little things like packing us a breakfast for our departure, printing off our itinerary, swapping one of our rooms without question.
I can’t wait to come back!

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
6  Thank charlalyssia
Pirita Portti, Asiakaspalvelu at Wilderness Hotel Nangu, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2020

Dear charlalyssia,

First of all. We are happy to hear that you found Wilderess Hotel Nangu as your destination and you ended up to make the booking with us.

We are happy to hear that you found our staff to be helpful and there for you and for your needs. Thank you also for the tips regarding the staying in the Lake Inari Aurora Hut. It is good to hear advices from other guests when planning the holiday with us.

I'm sorry to hear about the issue with your mother's CPAP machine. However it is good to hear that you parents got moved to the Panorama Log Cabins and they enjoyed their stay there. Panorama Log Cabins likewise the Lake Inari Aurora Huts are our brand new accommodation types and it is great to hear that you got to experience both of them!

It is nice to hear that you also did some activities with us. Our staff is happy to help when it comes to the activities what are must to do when visiting Lapland. Husky Safari is for sure one of the most asked ones. We are also happy to hear that you enjoyed the meals you had with us.

In the end, it is our pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.
It is the best reward for us to get!

You are warmly welcome to visit us again.

On the behalf of the staff,
Pirita