Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews husky sledding main hall snow suits and boots frozen lake reindeer farm lake inari soup glove liners weather conditions travel company bear in mind minute drive northern lights log cabin buffet breakfast two nights campfire
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 March 2020 via mobile

We booked directly with Wilderness Hotel, opting for the lake Inari Aurora Hut as we wanted the igloo experience. We booked our own flights and got to the hotel extremely early - I think check in is at 5pm and we got there at about 9:30am. In hindsight I should have told them this but they were extremely hospitable and told us to rest and help ourselves to breakfast while we waited.
The main lobby is stunning and the buffet breakfast was absolutely superb. Our rooms weren’t ready until 5pm but we were able to walk the grounds, shower and get changed.
When we got to the huts (my husband and myself one one, my parents aged 60 in the other), we didn’t realise we wouldn’t be able to take our bags with us. Completely fine but bear this in mind, you’ll leave your bags in the main lodge and then use the showers there, so this is really just a place to get your head down and enjoy the view (northern lights if you’re lucky).
We didn’t realise that there aren’t any power sockets in the huts. There are USB outlets, heating and lighting etc, it’s very cosy and comfortable but Unfortunately my mother uses a CPAP machine which needs to be plugged in. She stayed the first night in the hut but for the following two nights, the staff moved my parents into a log cabin room (no charge and no fuss). This was more comfortable for them (stunning room) and good for us as we could keep our bags and shower in their room.
Bear in mind when choosing your room - the huts are awesome but it’s very much a glamping experience! I loved the experience of the hut for a short break but the panoramic log cabins are so beautiful and self contained that I’d book one of these next time.
We booked all of our excursions through the hotel, cross county skiing and husky safari. Both were absolutely amazing - you are taken to the nellim hotel to do these and I do believe the Nangu hotel is far better - it’s pretty as a postcard and the staff are the best!
We opted for bed & breakfast and paid for dinner each night. Next time I’d go half board because the food is so amazing. All good, wholesome ingredients and freshly prepared (you can see chefs prepping throughout the day). They also catered for one veggie meal which was never repetitive (veggie substitutes, all meals looked the same). Plenty of fresh meat, fish and veggies and proper comfort food.
I read that some people thought the food was repetitive but I can’t comprehend that, every night was a surprise and I’m still dreaming of the food!
I also want to say that the staff are the most welcoming and helpful people I’ve ever encountered in a hotel. They can’t do more to help - little things like packing us a breakfast for our departure, printing off our itinerary, swapping one of our rooms without question.
I can’t wait to come back!

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank charlalyssia
Pirita Portti, Asiakaspalvelu at Wilderness Hotel Nangu, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2020

Dear charlalyssia,

First of all. We are happy to hear that you found Wilderess Hotel Nangu as your destination and you ended up to make the booking with us.

We are happy to hear that you found our staff to be helpful and there for you and for your needs. Thank you also for the tips regarding the staying in the Lake Inari Aurora Hut. It is good to hear advices from other guests when planning the holiday with us.

I'm sorry to hear about the issue with your mother's CPAP machine. However it is good to hear that you parents got moved to the Panorama Log Cabins and they enjoyed their stay there. Panorama Log Cabins likewise the Lake Inari Aurora Huts are our brand new accommodation types and it is great to hear that you got to experience both of them!

It is nice to hear that you also did some activities with us. Our staff is happy to help when it comes to the activities what are must to do when visiting Lapland. Husky Safari is for sure one of the most asked ones. We are also happy to hear that you enjoyed the meals you had with us.

In the end, it is our pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.
It is the best reward for us to get!

You are warmly welcome to visit us again.

On the behalf of the staff,

Reviewed 13 March 2020

I booked this as a dream trip before I retire and wanted activities to remember in case the Northern Lights didn't show themselves. They didn't but I loved every minute of this trip. I travelled solo but there were always friendly people & guides around to make the trip special. The hotel is fantastic and I had a double room to myself - comfortable & warm. The food was wonderful, staff attentive & friendly - I felt thoroughly spoilt during my stay. I had 2 aurora camps which were fun despite no lights and did the husky sledding, snowshoeing and snowmobiling. Each activity had so many wow moments - I hadn't done anything like it before and enjoyed them all even if I was a bit apprehensive of my ability to snowshoe and snowmobile beforehand. Yes, it's expensive for 3 nights but Finland is expensive and everything was included - even the arctic clothing that kept me warm in -12 degrees. I highly recommend AuroraZone as a travel company - lots of information, helpful staff & the rep, Lucia was great, & literally going the extra miles to get me a souvenir I'd mentioned & couldn't get locally. Best holiday ever!

Room tip: Choice of rooms to fit budget - from basic (still great) to own jacuzzi & sauna. Very quiet and comfortable throughout wherever you are.
Date of stay: March 2020
Reviewed 9 March 2020

5 nights here beginning of March. 2020. Fabulous staff,food,accommodation and activities. The outdoor wear was clean and boots fitted well. Guides very informative.
Only slight niggle was 5€ if you wanted an extra towel.

Room tip: Panorama room wit private hot tub and Sauna amazing.
Date of stay: March 2020
Pirita Portti, Asiakaspalvelu at Wilderness Hotel Nangu, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2020

Dear joangeorge6,

thank you for your great review regarding your stay at Nangu!

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the stay and had great time with us.
It is great to hear that you liked the accommodation and the activities you did with us and also you found our winter clothing helpful for you! It seems like you have booked our ready made package which includes accommodation, activities, full board meals, airport transfers and winter clothes. This is for sure easiest thing to do when booking with us since we will take care of the rest.

We appreciate your time given to us when writing this review. We hope you got nice new memories from Lapland and Nangu.
You are warmly welcome to visit us again!

With the best regards on the behalf of the whole staff,

Reviewed 27 February 2020 via mobile

A very special place to come for northern lights viewing. Facilities are excellent, staff is helpful and friendly. Plenty of activities for every adventure level. And the area is amazingly beautiful. Put this on your bucket list!

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Pirita Portti, Asiakaspalvelu at Wilderness Hotel Nangu, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2020

Dear cranium254,

thank you for visiting us!

We are happy to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us and you found Wilderness Hotel Nangu as good place for Northern Lights spotting!

It is great to hear also that you liked the hotel itself and found the staff to be there for you. We are happy to hear that you had good time during the activities and you had great new memories including the landscapes of Lapland.

We are pleased to hear you would recommend the stay to others aswell.

I hope all the best for you for the year 2020

Behalf of the whole staff,

Reviewed 22 February 2020

We visited for 4 nights at the end of January booking through Best Served Scandanvia. Everything was well organised from the transfer from the airport to the warm welcome and dinner on arrival and all of our activities. The food was really lovely - a choice of vegetarian for non fish or meat eaters on request, but otherwise a three course dinner served to the table each evening with a buffet breakfast and soup and salad buffet lunch. Even the excursion guides were armed with warm soup, hot chocolate, and other delicious goodies to keep our energy levels up. We did a 4 hour snowmobile trip on Lake Inari, a couple of hours snow showing through the hills, the night-time aurora campfire and a trip to the sister Wilderness Hotel Nellim to visit a reindeer farm, village church and the highlight of the trip - an hour driving husky sleds through the snowy wilderness. The accommodation was wonderfully cosy we stayed in a superior room for 3 nights then transferred to an aurora cabin for the final night. It didn't disappoint as the aurora came out to play and we gazed into the sky for hours from the cosy comfort of our bed under the heated glass panels. The hotel staff and guides were wonderful hosts and the snow suits and boots were clean and very much needed kit on the exursions where temperatures hovered between - 25 and - 37. We took lots of layers - merino base layers, fleece and wool mid-layers, light-weight down jackets and then wore the snow suits on top. Our own walking boots which are designed for snow and ice were great for walking to dinner or breakfast but the hotel's snow boots with fleece inserts were much needed as was the addition of some heated pads which you can buy at reception inserted to warm our toes and fingers. Even with technical glove liners and snow mittens and heated pads, the husky sledding trip was bitterly cold. Wrap up as warm as you can. An hour's private use of the sauna was a good way to thaw out. Everything was spotless, well maintained and we toasted our anniversary with a glass of bubbly in bed under the aurora. Unforgettable.

Room tip: We loved the superior room but to have the experience of the last night under the stars watching the aurora was magical.
Date of stay: January 2020