Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews husky sledding main hall snow suits and boots frozen lake reindeer farm lake inari soup glove liners weather conditions travel company bear in mind minute drive northern lights log cabin buffet breakfast two nights campfire
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 March 2020

I booked this as a dream trip before I retire and wanted activities to remember in case the Northern Lights didn't show themselves. They didn't but I loved every minute of this trip. I travelled solo but there were always friendly people & guides around to make the trip special. The hotel is fantastic and I had a double room to myself - comfortable & warm. The food was wonderful, staff attentive & friendly - I felt thoroughly spoilt during my stay. I had 2 aurora camps which were fun despite no lights and did the husky sledding, snowshoeing and snowmobiling. Each activity had so many wow moments - I hadn't done anything like it before and enjoyed them all even if I was a bit apprehensive of my ability to snowshoe and snowmobile beforehand. Yes, it's expensive for 3 nights but Finland is expensive and everything was included - even the arctic clothing that kept me warm in -12 degrees. I highly recommend AuroraZone as a travel company - lots of information, helpful staff & the rep, Lucia was great, & literally going the extra miles to get me a souvenir I'd mentioned & couldn't get locally. Best holiday ever!

Room tip: Choice of rooms to fit budget - from basic (still great) to own jacuzzi & sauna. Very quiet and comfortable throughout wherever you are.
Date of stay: March 2020
Reviewed 9 March 2020

5 nights here beginning of March. 2020. Fabulous staff,food,accommodation and activities. The outdoor wear was clean and boots fitted well. Guides very informative.
Only slight niggle was 5€ if you wanted an extra towel.

Room tip: Panorama room wit private hot tub and Sauna amazing.
Date of stay: March 2020
Pirita Portti, Asiakaspalvelu at Wilderness Hotel Nangu, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2020

Dear joangeorge6,

thank you for your great review regarding your stay at Nangu!

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the stay and had great time with us.
It is great to hear that you liked the accommodation and the activities you did with us and also you found our winter clothing helpful for you! It seems like you have booked our ready made package which includes accommodation, activities, full board meals, airport transfers and winter clothes. This is for sure easiest thing to do when booking with us since we will take care of the rest.

We appreciate your time given to us when writing this review. We hope you got nice new memories from Lapland and Nangu.
You are warmly welcome to visit us again!

With the best regards on the behalf of the whole staff,

Reviewed 27 February 2020 via mobile

A very special place to come for northern lights viewing. Facilities are excellent, staff is helpful and friendly. Plenty of activities for every adventure level. And the area is amazingly beautiful. Put this on your bucket list!

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Pirita Portti, Asiakaspalvelu at Wilderness Hotel Nangu, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2020

Dear cranium254,

thank you for visiting us!

We are happy to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us and you found Wilderness Hotel Nangu as good place for Northern Lights spotting!

It is great to hear also that you liked the hotel itself and found the staff to be there for you. We are happy to hear that you had good time during the activities and you had great new memories including the landscapes of Lapland.

We are pleased to hear you would recommend the stay to others aswell.

I hope all the best for you for the year 2020

Behalf of the whole staff,

Reviewed 22 February 2020

We visited for 4 nights at the end of January booking through Best Served Scandanvia. Everything was well organised from the transfer from the airport to the warm welcome and dinner on arrival and all of our activities. The food was really lovely - a choice of vegetarian for non fish or meat eaters on request, but otherwise a three course dinner served to the table each evening with a buffet breakfast and soup and salad buffet lunch. Even the excursion guides were armed with warm soup, hot chocolate, and other delicious goodies to keep our energy levels up. We did a 4 hour snowmobile trip on Lake Inari, a couple of hours snow showing through the hills, the night-time aurora campfire and a trip to the sister Wilderness Hotel Nellim to visit a reindeer farm, village church and the highlight of the trip - an hour driving husky sleds through the snowy wilderness. The accommodation was wonderfully cosy we stayed in a superior room for 3 nights then transferred to an aurora cabin for the final night. It didn't disappoint as the aurora came out to play and we gazed into the sky for hours from the cosy comfort of our bed under the heated glass panels. The hotel staff and guides were wonderful hosts and the snow suits and boots were clean and very much needed kit on the exursions where temperatures hovered between - 25 and - 37. We took lots of layers - merino base layers, fleece and wool mid-layers, light-weight down jackets and then wore the snow suits on top. Our own walking boots which are designed for snow and ice were great for walking to dinner or breakfast but the hotel's snow boots with fleece inserts were much needed as was the addition of some heated pads which you can buy at reception inserted to warm our toes and fingers. Even with technical glove liners and snow mittens and heated pads, the husky sledding trip was bitterly cold. Wrap up as warm as you can. An hour's private use of the sauna was a good way to thaw out. Everything was spotless, well maintained and we toasted our anniversary with a glass of bubbly in bed under the aurora. Unforgettable.

Room tip: We loved the superior room but to have the experience of the last night under the stars watching the aurora was magical.
Date of stay: January 2020
Reviewed 4 February 2020

My wife and I spend 4 days at the Wilderness Hotel Nangu End of January 2020/ Beginning of February 2020 to enjoy the lappish wilderness and to be able to spot the Aurora. The hotel has a fantastic location next to the Inari lake and as it is a small Boutique hotel the atmosphere is quite family like. Everyone working at the hotel no matter if I remind myself of the Reception, the waiters at the restaurant, the driver who took us to the airport or any of the tour guides was absolutely friendly and commited to make our stay most comfortable for us! Thank you once again for your hospitality!! We have done several guided tours like Snowmobiling, Snowshoe Trekking, Aurora Camp and so on. Our Guides Jarmo, Lena and Isa explained a lot about the lappish nature, the weather conditions, the animals living in the area and so on so that we felt very good informed and the tours were absolutely fun. The food in the Hotel's restaurant was always delicious and composed out of local products. Also the selection of beers and wines is fantastic. To sum up: Will we come back to this place in the future? - For sure!!

Date of stay: January 2020
Pirita993, Guest relations at Wilderness Hotel Nangu, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2020

Dear BoardingPass233767,

thank you for your review regarding your stay with us.

We appreciate your time given to us when writing this review for us and other travellers about your stay.
It is important for us to know afterward how our guests liked their stay and if there is anything we can do better.

It is truly our pleasure to hear that you enjoyed the time spent with us in Lapland.
You are warmly welcome to visit us again if travelling to Lapland!

We hope all the best for your and for your wife!

Best regards,