All reviewslocal musicianswarm welcomefriendly localscosy barcomfortable rooma great place to stayfeel very welcomelovely mealother guestspleasant staystayed for one nightpub catcooked breakfasthigh standardsusanrabale
Reviewed 13 February 2018

Stayed overnight for a friends birthday celebration. The room was very clean and comfortable. The establishment had a homely feel to it. The staff were very pleasant and helpful. A good place for those wishing to enjoy outdoor pursuits etc.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 February 2018

Friendly cosy welcoming atmosphere with excellent home cooked food from local suppliers. Bankfoot is ideally located in the heart of Pershire for exploring nearby Perth or Dundee or taking leisurely walks along the River Tay and fabulous countryside. Bedrooms are comfortable, clean and spacious.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 February 2018

recently stopped on way home from a trip to the highlands after driving 200 miles found a great welcome and comfortable room great breakfast . Rab and Susan are very friendly and can`t do enough for you to ensure a good stay.

Room Tip: be hungry in morning breakfast huge
Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 January 2018

Bankfoot Inn was a very welcoming Inn. The room was spacious and clean. The food was delicious a x the staff friendly and accommodating. There are great opportunities for walking in the area. Dunkeld is very close by.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 December 2017 via mobile

Came here for dinner. Starters where nice, but we were lulled into a false sense of security.....the red wine arrived chilled with an apology it "had been out the back". Then, being vegetarian, I had ordered the bean burger. When I was presented with a beef burger I kindly explained their mistake. The pleasant young waiter took it away, only to return with it explaining that I would have to wait until all the other diners where served before they could cook me a veggie burger?!?! So, could I just eat the chips & salad and get a refund on my meal. Really?? After a long drive through blizzards, I really just wanted to relax & enjoy a good meal. Surely it would have taken only a few minutes to grill a veggie burger? Especially as we had arrived 20mins early for our reserved table. So, salad & a few chips washed down with ice cold red wine.... shocking. Just disgusted with the attitude of the chef who apparently was not interested in resolving the mistake or keeping a customer happy. We will be going to The Atholl Inn up the road next time. We have since been told they DO understand how to treat their customers, unlike the Bankfoot who did not come recommended by our B&B owner. I'm afraid to say the Bankfoot Inn does not deserve to be successful if this is how they treat their customers.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sueronhowie
bankfootinn, Owner at Bankfoot Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2017

Hi and thanks for your feedback. Strong words indeed. I was away for a few days but I came back to read your review. Having now had a team meeting with the chef, the bar staff and the waiting staff to discuss your review with them, I'd like to discuss your points now.

You mentioned your red wine was cold. Indeed it was, I met with Sarah who was working the bar that night. She explained to you that she no longer had any of your chosen wine in the bar (at normal temperature) and would have to retrieve it from the back store. Sarah explained to you the wine would be cold, but if you wanted, she could stand it by the fire. Whilst not ideal, she did explain and give you the option. In the end, you still chose the cold red wine.

You mentioned you ordered a bean burger, but received a beef burger. The young waiter has admitted he misheard you, this was human error on his part and he knows it. He did say he read the order back to you and no one pointed out but I can see how this can be misheard (maybe background noise, or perhaps he spoke too quietly). We're addressing how we avoid that in future.

The next part does sound bizarre where he took your meal away, only to re-emerge with it. I got the waiter to talk me through this melt down in service. What became clear was a lack of clear communication on his part - he admitted he went to the kitchen to ask for a veggie bean burger, but where things went amiss was when he did not make clear to the chef that it was a *replacement* for the wrong beef burger. Whilst the chef was correct in stating all *new* checks are dealt with in order of receipt, what the chef was not aware of was that it was a replacement meal required for your table (for which the chef would have expedited immediately). The waiter agrees he should have made himself clearer and not leave the kitchen without a resolution for your complaint.

This leads me to your next point...

You mention that you were "disgusted with the attitude of the chef who apparently was not interested in resolving the mistake or keeping a customer happy". The chef is passionate and she does care very much about customer satisfaction. Not only is she the owner, she is also my wife (so I know this!). I've covered in the last paragraph why you may have thought she did not care, it's purely that she was not aware of your situation and she is annoyed that she was not made aware.

I notice you gave us a Five Star review back in August 2016 whereby you complemented our food and also our staff. I would hope, on balance, you might like to try the "best of three" and visit us again where upon I would invite you to come and meet Susan, the chef. Then I hope you might change your perception.

Thanks again for your feedback (and thanks about letting us know what the other B&B thinks about us).