“Best pizza in the Galilee... maybe even all Israel.”

Fresca Pizzeria Napoletana
Price range: US$3 - US$7
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner
Description: All pizzas are 12" round. 100% Handmade Neapolitan pizza. Naturally leavened.
Reviewed 17 September 2018

We were on our way from Jerusalem to Tiberias. Knowing there really weren't a lot of quality food options that this foodie would enjoy, we stopped off here when we saw the sign on the side of the road just to see if it looked good. Oh my gosh. SUCH a great surprise! It's located in Kibbutz Masada about 17 minutes drive from Tiberias. To enter the kibbutz you come to a closed gate. On the gate is a Fresca sign with their phone number to call and they'll buzz you in. It's a simple establishment - no unnecessary frills - with pleasant lighting and a wonderful little patio to sit under. To be honest, I wasn't expecting anything great. My son and I actually agreed to just expect a sort of "flatbread" and not real pizza because we have a fantastic pizzeria in our hometown and we didn't think anything could be up to par with that one. We were so happy to be wrong! My husband ordered the margarita pizza. My son ordered the carbonara pizza (he was rolling his eyes with pleasure the whole time he ate), and I ordered some kind of pizza that was like a margarita pizza and had eggplant and garlic as well. So... so good. The crust was the kind you don't want to leave the edges behind. The sauce was a thin, flavorful tomato based one and the cheese was just as you'd expect on a quality pizza. They cook in an authentic Italian oven and you can tell. They'd earned our trust with dinner so we went ahead and got dessert. We shared the lemon tiramsu and the chocolate panda cotta. Both were delicious and (thank you, Chef!) not too sweet. Over all they earned their 5/5 rating. It IS a bit on the pricey side. For three pizzas (12" each), two extra toppings (my husband wanted extra cheese and salami), and two desserts we paid 275 NIS. For tourists - they do have a restroom, but it's around the corner from the front door close to the parking lot.

Reviewed 23 May 2018 via mobile

This tiny and hidden place is so special. Make you a warm feeling from the moment you enter.
Our waitress was really nice and answered any of our questions and gave us an explanation of how they making the pizza (even when the place was full).
The main thing - the Pizza - no words to say - probably the best pizza I’ve ever taste (and I tasted a lot!).

RECOMMEND !!!

Reviewed 15 April 2018

I'm trustworthy this is one of my greatest pizza ever... OK ok my mum one's is the best ever but this one it's the second, the dough is just perfect and perfectly made the toppings are natural and top quality, I made my compliments to the staff all very very nice, ready to give me some advice about my travel in Israel

Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

Great pizza great service. Fair pricing. We were a party of 10 and everyone had a very good experience. And don't leave without trying the chocolate pancotta !

Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

Although the pizzeria was packed, the host and the waitress were courteous, and the pizzas were delightful! Not my first and last visit...10 out of 10.