All reviews belize river hidden oasis cave tubing above ground mayan ruins typical resort howler monkeys get away from it all i highly recommend this resort comforts of home jungle paradise hot tub a special place enjoyed my stay every morning stayed longer tour guide
Reviewed 29 September 2018

Spent 7 nights here for work and then 2 nights for holiday. Staff were very helpful and accommodating. King suite is incredible and comfortable. Very roomy. Beautiful wrap around veranda overlooking the Belize river. Spectacular grounds with every flower, tree, bird, butterfly....extremely well maintained.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Dream Valley J, Front Office Manager at Dream Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2018

Hello Spkj2011,

Thank you for the kind review, it was our pleasure to had hosted you.
We hope that you will be back to visit us again in the near future.

Reviewed 19 August 2018

If you survived getting here without really freaking out, especially at night - you will know it is worth it.
Seems farther from the highway than it really is but this can be considered a jungle treasure where you can really disconnect from it all.
You can perhaps sip coffee endlessly and listen to the wildlife while watching the trees / river from the restaurant or your room area.
The room has all the basic commodities and does feel you are in a rustic jungle lodge; internet and phone were not really available - but then, that is okay; you are aiming to disconnect.
Your food options may be limited as there is nothing close to here.
Driving a car would really help so you don't feel that you are totally stranded.
Overall - recommended.

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Dream Valley J, Front Office Manager at Dream Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2018

Hello Mmanza74,

Thank you for the kind review, we are so happy that you enjoyed your time with us.
It was our pleasure to had hosted you, we hope that you will be back to visit us again in the near future.

Reviewed 15 August 2018 via mobile

Dream Valley, the name says it all! Its the Paradise!
Resort for peaceful, quiet, luxurious stay.
Personalized service, friendly, young, attentive staff.
Large dining room, always fresh, well decorated with national motifs
Each room is a wooden house well framed in the surrounding forest with 4 staggered floors: the first (entrance) has private jacuzzi, the second is a small living room with tv, the third is the bedroom with huge bed, very soft sheets and comfortable pillows. The last floor is closet and bathroom, very spacious and functional (except the shower curtain that does not block the water splashes).
The screened porch has table, chairs and hammock to relax in while enjoying the breathtaking scenery of the forest, river and birds. Diverse flora with multiple flowers, varieties of orchids and hibiscus. They can observe and hear dozens of different species of birds, from small blue, green, black hummingbirds to larger birds like vultures.
In the distance they see howling monkeys in the trees that at the end of the day begin their ritual of "howls" for about an hour ...
The tranquility thrives and gives even the desire to stay and enjoy to write a book of our life ... very inspiring.
It also has 2 outdoor pools set in the landscape that allow you to observe the landscape while we refresh.
The 3 main meals are included and are not buffet like at most resorts, they are a carte there allowing for varied and personalized meals every day. We are always questioned the intended time for the meal and if the temperature allows it is given the possibility of eating on the porch with the stunning view.
The location is good for anyone who wants to pay a visit to some Mayan ruins getting 40 min from Xunantunich or doing Cave Tubing, also 40 min away. You can schedule everything at the hotel with flexible schedules.
You can combine and share your stay with the other beach hotel of the same chain, the Royal Palm Caye Resort.
Simply fabulous

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Hello Ricardo S,

Thank you for taking the time to write this lovely review of your stay with us! It was a pleasure to had hosted you at Dream Valley Belize Resort.... We are more than happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us!

We are so happy to hear that you found Dream Valley Belize Resort and hope that you come back to visit us in the near future!

Reviewed 15 July 2018

My husband and 2 teenagers spent 3 nights at Dream Valley end of June. We had an amazing time. The pictures here are exactly as the resort is. The peaceful setting on the river was gorgeous, and the rooms were nicely furnished. We loved the bed and linens! Shower was a little light on pressure, but great temps. Loved hearing the birds and monkeys every morning and evening. There isn't anything close for dining, so we ate at the resort restaurant for breakfast and dinner. Our fave was the Belizean Special. Nice bar setting as well and lounging area. It shuts down at night, but we woke up early every day, so it didn't really matter. The side by side pools were convenient, although more above ground in style and only 1 had a ladder. There is another pool - beautiful - up the way towards Juntos that we walked to. Enjoyed the scenery there and more typical resort type of pool. We did the Cave Tubing/Ziplining with Edvin - and he was great. Very informative about the local culture, explained all the artifacts and Mayan history on the tour and we loved hearing about his family. Rodwell took care of us at the resort, and he was so kind and welcoming. He group up in the area and you can tell he takes pride in working there. Both of the young ladies on the wait staff were a pleasure to see every day, as well as Carmen, who set us up on our tour. Lucy came around to check on us during meals. We had no trouble driving there from BZE - it's about a mile down a very rough road to get to the resort though. Just go slow. But we truly felt like this place was an oasis in the jungle. If you're looking for an authentic experience in the jungle, this place will make you feel at home with just enough luxury to feel spoiled, but not out of place. If you're looking for a traditional American resort, you shouldn't be in Belize! The people were wonderful and the location is central for many activities. (Caves Branch, ATM, St. Ignacio, Xunantunich, Blue Hole, Belmopan.) I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Hello Tamara N,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for us and sharing your experiences at Dream Valley. I am so glad your family had an amazing stay with us and appreciated the activities we offer.

We hope that you will visit again in the near future allowing us to provide you with another memorable stay with us.

Once more thank you from the Dream Valley Staff!

Reviewed 14 May 2018 via mobile

Dream Valley Resort is such an incredible treasure in the jungle - Heaven on Earth!! I travel all around the world and in addition, I work in the hospitality industry for 10 years now, so my expectations are very high and Dream Valley Resort truly exceeded them with no doubt!!

I spend 3 nights in this oasis, where I enjoyed every second of it. Prior to my arrival, I had the pleasure to communicate with Carmen, who is a shinning star!! She scheduled my airport transfer to/from the airport as well as the excursions I was interested to explore during my trip. Carmen was very attentive, professional and she went above and beyond to ensure my requests were fulfilled. During my stay, she was checking on me periodically to make sure I have everything I needed. Carmen is AMAZING!!!
Also, I had the pleasure to interact with Edbin, who picked me up from the airport and he was my tour guide for two of my excursions! He was very knowledgeable and pleasant to be around. Edbin is a great asset to the Dream Valley Resort!

When I arrived at the resort, I was blown away from the breathtaking scenery around! The pictures can not justify the beauty of this hidden oasis!! In addition, I was pleasantly surprised when I was welcomed with a cocktail by Tania and Rodwell, who were both extremely pleasant to interact with and they made sure I always had my vegetarian dish and drink ready for me!

On my first day, Lucio took me on a sunset boat river tour, where I enjoyed the beautiful scenery and animal/birds noises. I was very impressed by Lucio’s dedication to ensure my experience will be one to remember! He was extremely knowledgeable and pointed out to me a lot of incredible creatures during our boat tour.

The WiFi connection was very strong in my cabin, I was able to use my phone and watch Netflix at night with no issues. Keep in mind that you are in the jungle though, so when you move around there will be some dead spots, where you won’t have a strong WiFi signal. Also, be aware of the jungle night life, as those animals like to be loud at night time, however that did not affect my sleep at all. At night time, I was falling asleep while listening the noise of the monkeys and in the morning, I was waking up with the sound of the birds. It was wonderful!

During my short 3 night stay, I was also able to interact with Charles, Lucy and Alex, who were also amazing and made me feel like a celebrity! I can’t say enough of how great the entire team of Dream Valley Resort is! I highly recommend this resort!!

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank silvanap90
DValleyreservation, Front Office Manager at Dream Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2018

Dear Silvana P,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review regarding your stay at Dream Valley Belize. It was our pleasure to had hosted you; therefore your feedback is very important to us, We are delighted to see that our resort left a lasting impression on you.

Once more thank you from the Dream Valley Staff!