“In general was nice, but dessert became a disappointment”
Review of Tulivee Restoran

Tulivee Restoran
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Liimala
Reviewed 26 June 2021

I ordered scallops, fish cutlets and cheesecake.
Scallops were good, I didn't fully understand the combination of tastes on the plate, but separately all products were high quality and tasty.
I also liked fish cutlets. I'd maybe change the sauce a bit - to my taste it was a bit too sweet, a combination of sweet/sour or sweet/spicy would be better. Salad (beetroot and carrot) and potatoes were fine, but nothing special, I would add some acid to salad to make it more tasty.
Cheesecake became a major disappointment. 2 months ago I visited this place and it was the best cheesecake I ever had in my life. This time waiting for the same amazing taste and lightness, I got a cookie on the bottom with 1 cm of butter on top (at least that was the taste of the cake)... Yes, it was sweet, but very heavy and taste wise it was the worst cheesecake that I ever had. When we mentioned it to the waiter to understand what happened, he said that it might depend on a chef (they had 4 different cooks). I wasn't lucky this time.

Date of visit: June 2021
Write a reviewReviews (35)

Reviewed 5 November 2020

Dropped by upon a recommendation. Surprisingly good and well thought through dishes very close to fine-dining. Friendly service and a nice selection. You can start with the white-fish tartar and then have fish or veil for main course. Also seems like a good venue for a team-meeting or a client event.

Date of visit: November 2020
1  Thank Ammelgas
Reviewed 10 August 2020 via mobile

The food was very good, we had meat and fish and a cheesecake as dessert - but: the dessert we actually wanted had run out so that was disappointing. The setting is as beautiful as it can get, the restaurant is directly on the beach and offers marvellous sunsets. Unfortunately, the noise level was horrible, due to the room concept and numerous families with small children. I have children myself but would never ever come to such a restaurant with kids. I would have wanted to enjoy the beautiful setting in a peaceful atmosphere enjoying a glass of wine but it was impossible so we literally had to escape - too bad!

Date of visit: August 2020
1  Thank Chrea
Reviewed 28 July 2020

„Excellent in any aspects. So sorry we stayed only one night. The best hotels we have ever seen in Estonia. Tulivee hotel restaurant is highly recommended. Busy but very delicious. Price/quality excellent. You can gat a local beer. One brewery is across the river few km to go. (Small charming Castle too). Quiet, sunrise, sunset, seashore right behind your hotel open window. That's memorable.. .“

Date of visit: June 2020
Reviewed 12 June 2020 via mobile

Visited restaurant on a weekday for lunch with my girlfriend. Service was fast and friendly. Menu is good and fairly priced. Ordered soup, fish tartar and mango salad. Soup was small but for antree fine. Salad and tartar were both really good. But what I liked the most was handmade kohuke "memme musi". Definitely will go there again.

Date of visit: June 2020
1  Thank 393kasparg

Been to Tulivee Restoran? Share your experiences!