All reviewslow seasonwhite sandy beachcrystal clear waternice placesmall beachstayed nightsislandresortblissdavidsnokeling
Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

My family wanted to stay at a 'beachy' resort and this place was a good choice. What we really like about this resort is the location, it took 1 hour boat ride to reach this island from Wakai, but once you're here, you could get to other places easily. Nearby spots are Malenge Island, California reef and Pangempa Island. You could also bought some fried banana from the nearby island Katupat. Their beach is not the best beach in the islands, because they build a dam, we stayed at the Honeymoon suite and Superior suite and we loved it, it was clean, we got hammock and the view was superb.

In bolilanga you could enjoy the best sunset and sunrise. For foods, well they didnt offer the best and various foods, most of the days the breakfast would just be fried rice or indomie, fishes and some vegetable for lunch and dinner, the foods were not so special but okay, you could buy your own ingredients such as crabs or lobster from villagers and ask them to cook for you. What we also loved from this resort were the owner and friendly staffs whom always asked us to join their cards game and chess.. and their clingy dogs, Monster and Aaron..

Oh and they also have this cool lionfish on the reef under the jetty, we love the snorkel spots near the jetty, you could see some nemos and if you swim just a little bit farther their reefs are amazing.. Well this may not be the best Island resort but we definitely love our stay at this place..

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Yodya
Reviewed 2 June 2017

On our trip on Tongeans we spent here 2 days. We had bungalow for 300 000 Rp/p.p. The bungalow was pretty good. One mistake is , that in the bathroom there is no basin. There is nice view for sun set from balkony. The coffee nad and tea is free of charge for all day. The home reef is very nice and you can also snorcheling around all island, it take one hour. There is no strong current there. The piere is very good for sun-bas (no sand flea). You can also jump into deep water from it. Milan

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank milanledvinka
Reviewed 13 February 2017

Sometimes no connection means deep interaction between you, your travel-mate, and nature calling. Quite small island and not much to do here (since there were not any connection), but white sandy beach, blue ocean, and warm sunshine awaits. I stayed there for open trip (3 nights) in December 2016. We got 3 times meals/day and it was amazing in a great portion. Electricity only between 6pm-12am. One thing that should be improved is, my bathroom door (standard cottage) cant be locked so I need to blocked the door with my booties or anything else. Despite that, bolilanga resort was a perfect place to stay in Togian Islands.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Seshana A
Reviewed 8 January 2017

We booked the most basic and cheapest room, but they offer more types of rooms with more facilities. I would not recommend the basic one, because there is no real shower or flushing toilet. Besides that, the Bolilanga resort is located at the most quiet and beautiful beach we have seen in the togians. You pay per person and three meals are included. Every day they prepare very good meals, with lots of vegetables, fish from the sea and good breakfast. The snorkeling here is fantastic.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 January 2017

My wife and I visited the Togian Island for our honeymoon in July 2016. We stayed at Harmony Bay, Bahia Tomini and Bolilanga.

Of all the places, Bolilanga has the biggest honeymoon suite. I recommend not to book in advance (or if you do, you should negotiate the price) as you can easily negotiate the internet rate down when you arrive without reservation. For the honeymoon suite we paid 425.000 pax (but I heard of others paying 400.000) and I highly recommend it to anyone as the honeymoon suites are so much better than the second best cottages!

Another thing that Bolilanga stands out with, is its proximity to the village Katupat. Absolutely wonderful for a 2 hour trip - the locals are lovely towards visitors!

The reason I give 'only' 3 stars, is because I had the luxury to stay at other resorts in Togian islands that were just phenomenal. Based on my conversations with other guests at Bolilanga, my suspicion is that most of the 5 star reviews are given by visitors who have not traveled around in the Togian islands and have only stayed at Bolilanga - and a lot of the liked features of Bolilanga (friendliness, food, organised trips) hold for most other resorts as well.

The food is good, but after 2 days you may get a bit fed up of the repetitive ingredients for lunch and diner. In contrast, Bahia Tomini has an absolutely fantastic kitchen (run by 2 spanish cooks!) who are very creative with combining both local and spanish cuisine into a delicious meal.

The beach is quite average for the region (especially compared to the mind blowing Harmony Bay or the idyllic Bahia Tomini)! The concrete wall that is used to separate the beach from the bungalows spoils the natural feeling. And although the trash that reaches the beach is being cleaned, at spots where a bit more effort is required to reach the trash, it is full of plastic bottles and other plastic trash!

I think the reason behind the disappointing ambiance is that the local people that run the business have a perception of an exotic resort (concrete constructions which are relatively scarce for locals, dislike towards smelly branches on the beach and not so much towards non-smelly plastic trash) that is different from the Westerner's perception (unspoiled nature, eco-friendly, dislike towards man-made trash such as plastic bottles).

Also, like other places that are run by locals (Paradise resort), Bolilanga is run like a business and it didn't make us feel as much at home as in other places (Harmony is run by Croatians, and Bahia as I said by Spanish) where their owners are blown away every morning finding themselves waking up in paradise and wanting to share their enthusiasm with the guests.

Divers can make use of the diving school at Fadhilla (10 minutes boat ride for free). If you are a good diver, this is good like any other diving school that has ok equipment; if you are a bit anxious and value a good and responsible instructor, then I wouldn't recommend Fadhilla, as our instructor did not even attempt to accommodate the fears that some less experienced divers had.

I recommend Bolilanga to anyone that wants luxury (a lazy stay in their bungalow and just want to read a book on a superb terrace with a wonderful view). If you want a more exotic stay, and experience an unspoiled scenery, I highly recommend Bahia Tomini (Malenge) or the Harmony Bay (Kadidiri).

Room Tip: Take the Honeymoon Suite!
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple