Open today: 12:00 - 18:00
Review Highlights
So much beauty

I loved the beauty, both inside and out. Such an inspiration from the nature and the art. A little... read more

Reviewed 22 December 2020
minskuhoooo
Kajaani, Finland
via mobile
Must see when you are around!

Reviewed 1 March 2020
Jorienjohanna
Amsterdam, The Netherlands

See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 December 2020 via mobile

A little peak to an amazing world of an artist, who created such beauty.

Date of experience: December 2020
Reviewed 1 March 2020

Really loved this museum! The artworks are just very impressive. They give a wonderful reflection of the Finnish landscape in an abstract way. His colorful paintings made me curious to see the nature once in spring time as well (was there in winter time). Couldn't stop looking at them!

Also the road to get to the museum is a wonderful adventure, since museum lies a bit remotely in the middle of the nature. This really adds to the experience and gives an impression on how Sarestoniemi must have lived his life.

Date of experience: February 2020
Reviewed 26 January 2019 via mobile

Museum, atelier and living quarters of one of the most prominent Finnish artists in a picturesque environment. Examples of old and 70’s Finnish architecture. I was pleasantly surprised by the whole experience and we received a warm welcome as the only non-Finnish speaking visitors at that time. Would 100% recommend this place as an alternative to all the outdoor activities here in Lapland.

Date of experience: January 2019
1  Thank Inge K
sarestoniemi, museum curator at Sarestoniemi Museum, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2019

Thank you for the review Inge! We are pleased to hear the visit was a good surprise.

Reviewed 16 September 2018

This museum is literally in the middle of nowhere but it's interesting especially if you're interested in Reidar Säreistöniemi art. I recommend to take a guide because they can tell interesting details of the museum area. There are three separate areas; the old house, the studio-home and the gallery. I'm not a fan of Reidar Säreistöniemi but I do like some of his work.
A nice cafe and museum shop in the area too.

Date of experience: September 2018
1  Thank niinan2
Reviewed 25 February 2018

I visited this museum & art gallery about 15 years ago. That time I had a guide but this time I was on my own & found it to be magical. I took time to admire the artist's works ,studio & living accomodation. Breathtaking & good for the soul.

Date of experience: February 2018