Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 August 2019

Firstly, the location is amazing. Its in the middle of the forest and you can rent bikes (10 euro per day) and cycle to lots of amazing beaches and through forest trails. We particularly enjoyed the long Estonia summer evening which allowed us to cycle after dinner to a very quiet beach for a sunset swim.

On arrival at the resort/hostel the staff were very friendly and we were impressed by the secluded nature of the tents and also the overall look of the retreat. We were checked in, given a tour and sorted with our bikes very quickly and were soon on our way round the forest trails.

We booked the evening meal which was 14 euro each. This was vegetarian and very good quality with a lot of homemade elements. Someone put out some beers but didn't really explain whether these were for sell or included with the meal. Eventually people started to help themselves. We took one each and then were charged 4 euro per beer on checkout. I guess we should have asked. More confusion was what to do with our plates. We weren't sure whether we should wash them ourselves (as per the sign in the communal kitchen) or whether as we had paid for the meal that they would be done for us.

After our sunset swim we used the sauna and hot tub facilities. This was lovely and the highlight of the retreat. Although the baths weren't setup and we weren't sure if we should ask to have one or whether they generally weren't running that night.

We had high expectations for breakfast given the homemade elements in the previous nights meal but it turned out to be very disappointing. Some basic (brown) fruit, dry bread and jam and some boiled eggs. And what we assume was some grey porridge. Again we weren't sure what to do with our plates so we washed them ourselves. I don't mind doing this in a backpackers hostel but for £90 a night we weren't expecting to.

Another disappointment was the toilets. I don't mind a composting toilet and have used loads in the past but these stank. They also didn't feel very private with just hessian coffee sacks hung up for doors. Also people should be aware that theres no hot water for showers until the evening.

To summarise, we're glad we stayed one night, mainly for the novelty value and location but were happy not to be staying longer. I really think the breakfast should include more given the cost. It also sounds like bike hire and the evening meal are included if you book on the main website (which we didn't) and this would have made it better value for money. Generally I think the website markets it all as higher end than what it actually is but if people come with the right expectations (and the price is right) then its definitely a nice place to stay.

More generally we got bitten by more mosquitos than i've ever experienced and there are no mossie nets in the tent. Mosquito repellent is an absolute necessity.

Room tip: Bring mosquito repellant and come with the right expectations (its camping, and facilities are rustic)
Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Michelle L
Reviewed 26 July 2019 via mobile

I had a lovely time at Projekt Kodu. Here all is magically relaxing- comfortable, warm beds, great outdoor baths, morning and afternoon yoga, sauna, helpful staff and overall a great feeling of comfort in the middle of nature!! The work they have done is truly a marvel! A perfect place for getting back to nature, exploring the woods or beaches nearby or just chilling out. I stayed two nights but I felt it was a pity to have to leave... every single screw, every single piece of wood has a lot of work, love and determination in it!!! It is amazing to think they had this project once and it is now so fantastically alive!!! Do not miss the details, not only in nature but also in their incredible work!! Amazing!!!

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 31 August 2018

nature, quiet, great food, beautiful tents, nice people!
it rained most of my stay but i wouldn;t have missed it for the world! nearby beaches, sauna, hot tubs in the forest, slept like a baby!!!!!!!!!!

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 28 August 2018

This was all and more I expected to experience with my partner. We spent a cosy night at the place which feels more like home (as the name in Estonian stands for) than a hostel. The most natural thing is to be in nature and the way they have incorporated the housing and facilities inside the nature reserve forest is spectacular. My most most favourite was to lose myself into the mineral hot bath during the dark, with just calm, quiet, candles and pine tree air and my partner with me. So so sweet of an experience, would love to go back and the next time get to go to the morning yoga class as well.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

What a wonderful time I had at Projekt Kodu. Here, the little things are done well - comfortable, warm beds, great outdoor baths, morning yoga, steaming sauna, helpful staff and overall a great feeling across the property in general. Jim was fantastic and his creation is truly a marvel! A great break from cities in the Baltics, this place is perfect for getting back to nature, exploring or just chilling out. Stayed three nights but easily could have stayed longer. Really appreciated the free shuttle bus as well which made travel form Tallinn seamless (projekt Kodu sign on the side of the bus, IMPOSSIBLE to miss). Thanks to Jim and the team, I'll be back one day! Keep up the energy. Love.

Trip type: Travelled solo