Review Highlights
Something different

An interesting outdoors place, if you are into Soviet era, military, scenic views and something... read more

Reviewed 27 January 2022
karlfazerr
Tallinn, Estonia
Be careful to come early

Reviewed 1 August 2018
SpSp1965
Germany
via mobile

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 June 2019 via mobile

If you want to see something different in the Lahemaa NP, this old submarine base maybe interesting. Not many tourists come here, so I felt a bit like an urban explorer. I visited in the middle of the day, but for really cool photos you should come early in the morning or late in the evening. The light will be much better. There is ticket booth, but it was closed So I just went in.

Date of experience: June 2019
2  Thank Globetrotter045
Reviewed 16 October 2018

The ruins of the submarine base are very interesting and feature some interesting graffiti art as well. The scenery around it is absolutely breathtaking. Worth a visit!

Date of experience: May 2018
1  Thank wunderlichsvenja
Reviewed 1 August 2018 via mobile

If your interested in beautiful landscape and history all together then Hara is a place you should not miss. It’s a place to feel the cool breath of the Cold War, while appreciating the wonderful Hara Bay at the same time. Be sure to come early, otherwise you might be charged horrendous 10 Euros - in that case for nothing -then a interesting view...

Date of experience: July 2018
3  Thank SpSp1965
Reviewed 22 June 2018

Really enjoyed my stay at projekt-Kodu eco-hostel in lahemaa national park. The forest is magical & the spirit of the site resonated deep within me. I feel like I was reborn. The sauna was possibly the most comfortable I have ever been, and I am someone who knows how to be comfortable! Thanks to Jim, who is charming & considerate host. He is an inspiration. I really enjoyed cycling through the forest & visiting the submarine base.

Date of experience: June 2018
Reviewed 29 March 2018

Jim from Project Kodu took me here. Amazing to see what this place once was under Soviet rule. I highly recommend this trip.

Date of experience: August 2017