“Pricey”

Istana Laut Restaurant
Ranked #17 of 53 Restaurants in Bangka Island
Cuisines: Asian, Seafood
Reviewed 29 March 2017 via mobile

Istana Laut was my third dinner after Mr Asui and Adox. The last two are comparable in terms of food but Istana Laut is just far below the par. On top of it, it came with a suprisingly expensive food. It's even more expensive than Mr Asui and Adox.

I came here to experience the boat restaurant but there is no single good thing about it.

Reviewed 24 October 2016 via mobile

I had lempah kuning and the taste wasn't special. Price on the menu was different than what I had to pay.

Reviewed 10 May 2016

I recommend you come to this restaurant during the day so you can enjoy the beautiful view and play along the sandy beach. The food was okay, love the tenggiri grill and lempah (yellow sour soup similar to tom yam).

Reviewed 25 April 2016

I've visited this place many times during my travel to Bangka. Great ambience, as per photo, you are dining on the twin boats. During day time you can enjoy sea view, locals and tourist are running around. Lively. During night time, you can enjoy the sea breeze and the sound of the wave, it creates romantic atmosphere (for couple).

Food is good, but the portion has gone smaller in size over years, but always served fresh seafood. My favorite would be the grilled fish and the crab. *yum* Plus, they are innovative, there are always additional items in the menu everytime I visit.

Staffs were friendly, but service was a little slow during busy/peak time.

1  Thank My_expression
Reviewed 14 March 2015

Apparently this resto was among the popular restaurants in Pangkal Pinang and surroundings. With the concept of eating on the boat, the seafood menu was good enough. I came here for dinner so unfortunately, I couldnt see the good thing about beach.