1,507 results
All reviews jacuzzi bath tara restaurant superior room afternoon tea bottle of champagne main building mini bar eggs benedict scones lovely hotel cream tea course dinner a la carte menu wedding venue both nights bed and breakfast lovely setting
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

3 night dinner, bed & breakfast stay while looking around The Cotswolds. Lovely hotel with fabulous views in a central handy location. Friendly and very helpful staff. Good value break, with nice food. Would have liked a change of menu but as only staying 3 nights this was fine (the soup was warm rather than hot on 2 nights but the taste was lovely!). Lots of choice for breakfast- largest omelette I’ve seen on day two . Room in the annexe was lovely with character beams, great view, good choice of teas and coffee (including a Cafetière). The mini bar/fridge is also a nice touch. Bathroom, as with the bedroom, was spotlessly clean however tired and in need of a refurb. I know the hotel is carrying out refurbishment but doesn’t help when you are in a room that hasn’t been done yet. Hot tap on the sink very loose, some peeling paint and the fixed shower (hot & powerful) was very low (my husband at 6’ had to crouch to wash his hair). Overall though a lovely stay & would happily come back again.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Anthony D, General Manager at Hatton Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Samfie,

Thankyou for taking the time to write a review following your stay with us here at Hatton Court. I am delighted to read your comments and welcome the constructive feedback you have provided.

We do plan in the near future to complete a refurbishment of our bathrooms in the east wing of the hotel so hopefully you will return to the hotel to see that your feedback has been listened to.

Thankyou again for your comments.

Kind Regards,

Anthony Duggan

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Arrived afternoon of the 16.09.18 for an overnight stay. Staff were helpful. We had afternoon tea which consisted of a nice selection of finger sandwiches, scones with cream and jam and some very tiny cakes. It was all very nice. Room was a nice size appeared recently decorated but was immaculately clean with a lovely big bath with shower. We had dinner my wife had the sirloin done to perfection and I had the Burger. A very nice burger though. We had breakfast the following morning. My wife had the pancakes and I had the full cooked breakfast all very very nice. In summary excellent accommodation, food and helpful staff.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Ian P, General Manager at Hatton Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Bobwitherall
Thank you for sending your comments via Trip Advisor after your recent stay with us. I was very pleased to read your review and will be sure to pass on your comments to the staff. I hope you will consider staying witb us again should you be in the area.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I was extremely pleased with my son and daughter in laws choice for their wedding reception on September 1st.
I think everyone enjoyed the hospitality and the staff were excellent. Even making a last minute change to the marriage ceremony to take advantage of the wonderful weather to move us all outside for the marriage vows.
Room prices were very reasonable for our 2 night stay. Warning: The hot water in the rooms can be very scalding. Jacuzzi was a bonus.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family

Dear markj418
Thank you for your kind comments after your recent stay with us. I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed our hospitality and I will be sure to pass on your comments to the team. The weather was kind and we always like to take advantage of this when we can. I hope you will consider returning to us for a leisure break.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Visited here recently for a meal and 1 night. Room very tired looking, paint peeling off the bathroom walls, sink not draining and previous guests toothpaste splatters on the wall near the sink. The bathroom smelt of cigarette smoke as it was next to the smoking area, although the window wasn't open the smell still managed to find its way in. Not many staff around, waited 10 mins at the bar for someone to arrive and serve us, and breakfast the next morning was a shambles. Another wait to be seated (along with another 4 couples) and then a 50min wait for a full english after ordering!! .Evening meal was very nice, breakfast was poor. No staff around when i wanted to check out...another wait.....dont think i'll bother going back. This was supposed to be a Luxury mid-week birthday treat. The price was Luxury, the experience wasnt!

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Phil A
I am sorry that your experience was not what you expected. I am surprised regarding your comments on housekeeping as this is an area we focus on and generally tend to get good comments. I wil go through your comments with the team and review the issues you raise. Thank you for bring them to my attention and thank you also for your kind comments on the food at dinner.

Reviewed 12 September 2018 via mobile

Visited here recently for afternoon tea. Nice grounds to wander around and Tara restaurant looked nice. Some parts of hotel were very tired though. There seemed lots of staff around too but didn’t seem very attentive.
The afternoon tea itself was ok, but unfortunately nothing special. Sandwiches were dry (almost stale) on the outside-suggesting they were made far in advance and the waiter just picks up a tray every time someone comes in. The smoke salmon were the best, followed by ham/mustard. Red pepper seemed a strange filling. Turkey (formed meat) was a disappointment. Some salad leaves/cucumber or tomato would have been a welcome addition.
A choice of tea would have been nice. The cocktail we were given was extremely strong but they do a non-alcoholic option thankfully.
Cakes (chocolate browie and lemon drizzle especially) were lovely, as were the scones, cream and jam.

Thankfully this was a gift from a friend. I’m not sure £35 for the food (both quantity and quality) supplied was particularly good value.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Ian P, General Manager at Hatton Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear Travel572682
Thank you for sending your comments after your recent visit via Trip Advisor. We have just had the lounge and bar refitted with new furniture in the course of last week. This was the last area of then ground floor public areas to be refurbished so the hotel now looks very good in all areas.We are introducing a new afternoon tea service in October and I hope this addresses your ok but nothing specual comment. We will be changing some of the sandwich options and the cakse change seasonally. We make the sanwiches fressh each morning and I will speak with chef regrading your comments.There will be a choice of afternoon teas, at least 10 selections as we move forward and I hope you will come back and try our afternoon tea offering after 1st October.