“Beautiful place and food!!!”

Natural Efe Macrobiotic World
Ranked #1 of 34 Restaurants in Nai Harn
Price range: US$5 - US$14
Description: At Kostas Natural Efe small eatery the simplicity and variety of freshly cooked foods offered is unique in the whole of Asia. This is the place to eat that combines, Organic Raw, Vegan, Macrobiotics, Super-Foods, Dr.Kousmine Diet, Dr. Budwig Cream, Pro-Biotics, all prepared and cooked in the smoothest heat, in stainless and clay cooking ware so to preserve the taste and its nutritional qualities. The very basic of cooking for health start in chef Kostas' belief with a pleasant kitchen, natural cooking utensils, good water, gentle heat and good natural sea salt. Other most important factor is that he presses daily the oils fresh and cold on location, to deliver the highest potential Essential Fatty Acids contained in the seeds brought from faraway Mongolia. Also in the same way he grinds the grains fresh in his Stone Mill. Quality doesn't mean boring taste, come and taste it by yourself.
Reviewed 11 August 2016 via mobile

First of all let's start from the fact that my husband and I are vegan and the first thing we did after landing anywhere in Thailand (we visited different cities) was to look for vegan friendly restaurants, so there came Natural Efe Macrobiotic World! :) we chose to have breakfast there our first morning in Phuket and were so pleased with food and service that we ended up coming back all 4 days of our stay! The food is fresh, most item made to order and the menu was absolutely amazing. You can build your own waffle, which I did on my first visit :) also they have set plates, we had the vegan set as they call it everyday lol so so good and if you order that make sure to get a side of their pita and dip in the hummus that comes with the set. Aside from being a restaurant they are also a health shop, so you have access to great items if you want to bring something home. Now last bit def not the least: THE SERVICE! Wow! We felt like home, everyone was super nice and we made friends with Catarina, one of the chefs. She was learning some of they methods of cooking and she is also from Brazil, works with organizations in Brazil that are doing an amazing job in bringing more awareness to sustainability and health and I instantly became a big fan :) either way I have worked in restaurants a big part of my life and this place is the real deal. So if you are in Phuket, vegan or no vegan but enjoy nice people and tasty fresh food do yourself a favor and visit this place!

1  Thank Ana M

Reviewed 2 August 2016

We went to Natural Efe searching for healthy food in Phuket. I have many health problems and only can eat certain foods. Natural Efe was a bit far from our hotel in Kata but I went there 3-4 times with my husband. The first day,we met Catarina and I kept going back, she is amazing! I told her about my health problems and food restrictions and she prepared special food for me, she recommended me what to eat, taught me about the macrobiotic diet, and gave me lots of tips. She is super knowledgeable and accommodating, she had to arrange take away food for me a couple of times. Catarina prepared me some of the best dishes I have ever eaten, the macrobiotic meals were not only healthy and nourishing but they tasted delicious. She cooks incredible dishes, deserts, pitas, everything is amazing. She even prepared my food to take with me on the plane, thanks to that I could eat super well during a long trip from Thailand to Cape Town.Besides, the restaurant also offers a vast array of Superfoods, teas,and organic food to purchase. If you are in Phuket and you are an advocate of healthy food,I would highly recommend you to visit this restaurant, and enjoy their healthy and tasty menu. Hopefully, you are lucky enough to meet the super Chef Catarina from Brazil, and enjoy her delicious and healthy dishes, she is AMAZING!!

1  Thank Azu_Martin
Reviewed 31 July 2016 via mobile

I was so excited to eat here after reading the reviews and looking at their facebook page. The atmosphere is really lovely, open air with a pool and garden area in the back. We arrived slightly before noon on a Sunday and were given menus. We were looking for a light and healthy lunch so we ordered the raw set meal, no soup, and the vegan ice cream to share. Moments later the server comes to tell us they "are finished" and points to the "buffet" and walks away, leaving us very confused. Are they really not taking any more orders from the menu.. at noon? We walk to where she pointed to see the "buffet" was several covered platters of unlabeled various food lacking serving utensils or descriptions. We asked how much this cost to find it was 300 baht a person, which is high for Thai prices. We were not that hungry and felt we would not get our money's worth so we ask the server if we can share one bowl. She doesn't understand so gets a guy who tells us, we think, that we can each eat for 200 baht. Since our appetites were not huge and we were grateful for the discount, we both fix small bowls of food to eat. Upon paying, we are told my boyfriend has to pay the full 300 and me 200. Maybe there was some miscommunication there but we ate very little food, have absolutely no idea what we even ate, and left there feeling like we dramatically overpaid for very little substance. I would give it a 1, but whatever we ate was pretty tasty. The whole experience honestly bummed me out for a few hours after.

2  Thank Kelsea R
Reviewed 19 July 2016

single restaurant in phuket with macrobiotic food! delicious salads, juices, shakes and quina hamburguer!

1  Thank Catarina L
Reviewed 12 July 2016

Natural Efe Macrobiotic > Nai Harn - southern tip of the island – 9 miles from Patong / 14/93-94 Moo1 Nai Harn, Rawai, Phuket,Thailand, 83130

076-390-301or 089-785-4801

Can eat around a beautiful pool and waterfall area if you are okay with the heat.

Every area in the restaurant is exposed to the elements and they do not have A/C and the fans in the ceiling are not very effective. Could really use some stand up fans to direct at tables.

Once they dropped our food off no one paid any attention to our table. No > how is your food? No > cleaning away dirty dishes. We finally had to ask for our check before we got attention.

Biggest variety of veggie burgers I have ever seen in one place. Veggie Burger / Quinoa Burger / Tempa Burger / Tofu Burger / Chia Burger / Millet & Pulse Burger / and a Buckwheat Burger. As a fan of a good burger I would like to try every one!

I did have their Veggie Burger that came in a 290baht “set” with Fresh Pineapple juice & Basil (this was tasty) and with a chocolate (which tasted good). I have eaten better burgers It was good in an average way yet the bread it was on was outstanding!

Quinoa soup at 180b was good but not very flavorful.

The Tom Kha with Brown Rice at 160b had fantastic flavors!!

Whole grain buns and bread available.

Burrito-like things look yummy

Looking forward to returning to try some of the other items on the menu!

See photos for pictures of the menu.

People rave about the Sunday Buffet - Buffet is between 12-6pm (300 Baht per adult)(called Sunday July 10, 2016 they said the buffet is not until 5pm)

9am-8:30pm