“One of the best, most relaxing vacations ever!”

Beloved Playa Mujeres
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Playa Mujeres
Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

The Beloved resort is everything the other reviews here have said and more. My wife and I stayed here for five nights in July and it was by far one of the most beautiful and wonderful resorts we've ever been to. From the moment we arrived and were immediately greeted at the door with cold washcloths and champagne we knew this was going to be a special trip. Checking in was a smooth process and everyone was so friendly and helpful. Our room wasn't ready yet so we were escorted to the Aroma for breakfast. This was certainly a special touch rather than just being told to just wait in the lobby. Once it was ready we were then escorted to our room but not without a quick tour of the resort first. We had a two story casita suite with rooftop plunge pool. It was gorgeous and spacious with a super comfortable bed and large bathroom. Be warned for those who are shy about their bathroom habits it is not as private as most places with no door to speak of but it is still large with a great shower with multiple shower heads. There is a whirlpool inside the room opposite the bed as well. Our view was wonderful. The one very minor issue we had was that the room was right next to a major pathway that had some guest and staff traffic with some noise. Next time I would request a room more towards the middle instead. Everything else about our stay overshadowed this issue so that it didn't even matter.

The resort itself was beyond beautiful, great landscaping; immaculate and well kept. The beach was great, there was always a place to sit, layback and relax. I don't think it is mentioned very much but there are activities to partake in, all included. You can use kayaks, paddle boards, snorkel gear and a small catamaran. If you ask nicely the staff who manage the gear might take you out to a small shipwreck that is fantastic for snorkeling. There are plenty of group activities as well. A board near the lobby will list all the activities scheduled for each day of the week.

The drinks and food are fantastic. We tried all but one restaurant during our time there and we thought that the food was great. We were able to try so many different dishes. If there was something on the menu that isn't quite to your liking they will change it. Room service is available 24/7 and is quite good as well. The drinks of course are plentiful and well made. The Lupita lounge stands out as one the best places to get a well made cocktail.

I can't say enough about the staff. They are all beyond friendly. Always saying "hola" and asking how everything is for you. This is an all inclusive resort but tipping is not prohibited as it is at some others. We tipped to everyone we could as it was very well deserved. The general manager even made it a point to come speak to us to check in on our stay and ask questions on how everything was. This is another special touch that you don't see at other places.

Finally I wanted to mention the spa. We took part in the complimentary water therapy but we also had a couple's massage. This is a spa that has no other comparison for me. It is so spacious and calming. The style is beautiful and again the staff are wonderful. The massage rooms are quiet and relaxing and afterwards you go to another room to wind down even further with champagne and chocolate covered strawberries for us. I'm sure there are others spas like this at high end resorts but for the price at the Beloved spa you get it all there too. We can't wait to go back there again. For us the fact that it is a smaller resort means you get special attention like nowhere else around. It is far enough from Cancun that you don't feel like so much of a tourist. I can't say enough good things about this place. Anyone who goes should have a great time. This is not a party resort. It is a wonderful place for adults who want to relax and have a fantastic time. Thanks so much to the Beloved staff, we will be back!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Samuel C
Excellence G, Community Manager at Beloved Playa Mujeres, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Samuel,

First and foremost, allow us to thank you for choosing Beloved Playa Mujeres as host of your getaway and for taking the time to share your experience with all Trip Advisor readers.

We are really impressed in reading your detailed and amiable review regarding your experience with us and to know that you had a well-deserved relaxing time at our hotel. Thank you for adding very generous remarks of the positive sides of your vacation and mentioning our beautiful facilities, the services provided by our partners, and the relaxing treatments from our spa which made your stay memorable.

It will be a great honor to welcome you again soon and provide another amazing experience.

Please receive our warmest regards from Cancun!

There are newer reviews for Beloved Playa Mujeres

Reviewed 17 August 2017

I just came back and stayed at Beloved from 8/11/17 - 8/14/17, I went with my cousin. We stayed in the junior suite.

THE CONS first..

1) FOOD - is good/average, but had 2 bad experiences. 1 -- I ate a piece of blueberry cheesecake at Isla Grill during lunch and there was eggshells in there (told them and they apologized). 2 -- my cousin and I had dinner at Lupita Lounge for the 2nd night we were there, for our entree we both ordered the sea scallops dish. I took a bite of my first scallop and it was cold (for some reason I still swallowed it). I told my cousin so she checked hers and 1 of them was frozen. We check the other 3 out of the 4/5 scallops on the place and those seemed ok. We called the hostess over and she took our plates and gave us the menu again to order something else. We decided not to order entree and asked for dessert menu. While we looked at the menu, a man came over and introduced himself as the assistant manager. He said are you sure you don't want to order entree? I don't want you to be hungry at 3am. We said its ok. He then goes into say that he's not trying to say that we were wrong, but he tasted the scallops and they were fine.. (obviously he didn't eat the one that I ate half of). My cousin then goes to say, but no mine was frozen. The assistant manager then goes to ask "how frozen? like this?" and pretends as if he's biting on something very hard. My cousin says was frozen, and says frozen or cold to any degree is unacceptable. He asked us to have dinner again there the following night because he doesn't want us to "effect the diamond rating". I then asked for ice cream. He rolls over a cart that's been sitting out at the restaurant and tells me the flavors. I asked for sweet potato. He tries to scoop it and its basically melted and in liquid form. He says its hard to keep it cold, but still serves me the plate. We've had it and left the restaurant and ordered room service. (Side note, the next 2 days we were at the resort this same guy would see us and ask us if everything's ok, how's our day, etc. to make it up for that night at the restaurant, maybe?)

2) WiFi - is absolutely horrible, nothing loads, the wifi service is not secured (meaning no password needed to join) I can use my phone on roaming and still didn't work. Each time I wanted to face time my kids I had to go outside in a sitting area just outside of the Lupita Lounge/Lobby/Ceviche Bar. We needed to get our car to the airport email and wouldn't load. They told us to go to game room and use those computers and still took 10 minutes just to log into email.

3) AC - The AC in the room is "controlled" only goes down to 70 degrees, which I'm sure is because they are trying to conserve energy but when it's August and extremely hot and humid.. wish I had the option to crank up the AC a bit.

4) GAME ROOM - We were in the game room and there is a coffee and small snack station there. All of the sudden about 5/6 staff members (probably managers/asst managers because uniform was different and the same guy from Lupita Lounge was there) came in and started to eat all the food and make/drink coffee and congregate there. Maybe the company lets them do this at guests areas, but I personally find it unprofessional. If I wanted a coffee or croissant at that time then I would have to wait for them to finish first

The PROS

1) SPA - was the best part of my stay. I got a massage and facial, my cousin got a massage and body wrap (which she said was a scrub and not an actual wrap). We mentioned when we booked that there was a free hydrotherapy session with the room but they only allow 1 person to use it, and it costs $45 for the 2nd. After some persuasion, she agreed to let us both go for 20 mins before our treatments. We went into the sauna and a steam room and shower/wash off area. I got Bety as my masseuse, she also did my facial, when she was waiting fo r my mask for my mask instead of leaving the room she braided my hair!The whole spa area is beautiful, all white, aromatherapy everywhere, very zen like and has a zen garden in the reception area. The whole experience there was great. On the pricier side, but that was expected.

2) ROOM - very spacious, has a jacuzzi and even a bed on your balcony to lounge on. The minibar in the room was great. Nespresso machine, full and unopened bottles of alcohol, water, different types of sodas and snacks (granola bar, snickers, oreos) in there.

3) GYM - the largest I've seen at resorts and very clean, also had a seperate room for yoga (mats provided) stretching, etc.

4) AROMA - this restaurant had the best dinner, ordered duck breast and ribeye and both were delicious. This is also the restaurant for breakfast buffet which was good, offered a variety of food, an omelet station, make your own bloody mary or mimosas and always had a huge selection of juices (about 10+ flavors).

5) DRINKS - impressed with the wide variety of drinks, whether it be juice, coffee/latte, liqour. They can make anything, but certain bars have certain brands/types of liqour.

6) POOLS - there are 3 pools in the resort, 1 near the beach with a swim up bar. The other 2 were next to each other and mostly vacant. I liked this because you don't have to go early and reserve seats or walk around everywhere look for one. The Natura bar was near these 2 bars and served crepes, waffles and milkshakes. Service to get other drinks and snacks was tough because they didn't go there enough. We would always need to flag someone down to ask them to call for a waiter/waitress.

Overall, I had a decent stayed, maybe my expectations were too high (this is a 5 star boutique hotel). Most of the staff and servers were very accomdating. Food needs to more consistent .. I ordered chicken wings and tenders and one time was basically burnt, had nachos 2x and once came w guac the other didn't and had to ask for it.

Great for couples, (a lot of honeymooners and anniversary celebrations) if you want a few days to rest and relax. since there is not much to do there and there isn't much activity at the resort itself. You would need to go out to go downtown or excursions or may start to get bored.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
10  Thank msmia2017
Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

The moment we arrived at Beloved, we were greeted with warm smiles and a heartfelt welcome. Priscilla took care of our checkin, she truly is wonderful! Without a doubt, the dedication and genuine personalities from all the staff created a remarkable experience.

By the second day everybody knew our names, making us feel right at home. Miguel took heartfelt pride to ensure every aspect of our experience far surpassed our expectations. He does his job incredibly well! We were constantly surprised by the generous effort to make our trip a memorable one. We enjoyed the Cabana on the beach each day, and finished off our vacation with an elegant and refreshing morning at the spa!

Our Beachfront Casita with private pool was phenomenal. Fully stocked bar, fresh towels, and turn down service each night was impeccable! The housekeeping staff are extremely professional, and went above and beyond to ensure we had a comfortable stay. The house keeping manager even knew us by name and truly showed she cared about our experience.

Too all the incredible staff we met and those behind the scenes, I’m certainly grateful we got to share our memories with you. To name a few Jarin, Jared, Eduardo, Miriam, Louis, Corte, Daniel, There Cal, Miguel, Samantha, and many more, you left us with memories we will never forget!

On behalf of Brant along with myself, Landon, we thank you from the bottom of our hearts. Our experience left us speechless, and at times in complete awe. We had high expectations staying at a five star resort, and can happily say they were exceeded above and beyond. See you all again very soon!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Landon P
Reviewed 16 August 2017

This was our first trip to Mexico and we couldn't have picked a better place. Upon arrival, the first thing that impressed us was the fact that we were not amongst a bus load of people. This is an exclusive, intimate adult only resort so we were the only couple arriving at the time. As the transport van pulled up to the front entrance we noticed one of the staff members pouring two glasses of champagne!!!! It took us split second to realize that the champagne was for us!!!!

We were greeted by a zen-inspired hotel lobby without the traditional front-desk. We were told that we could just have a seat in the seating area while waiting for the first available staff member that would take care of our check-in. It was a personalized check-in that most other resorts charge extra for.

Once checked-in, our very helpful and cheery bellhop Jose de Jesus greeted us with our luggage and then proceeded to give us a quick and efficient tour of the lobby and lounge area. He explained where the restaurants were located as well as some of the hotel amenities before leading us to our room. Upon arrival at our room, we were greeted by a huge zen-inspired junior suite (the basic room). Wow!!! Words can't describe. The approach that this resorts takes to greet it's guests is out of this world. Made us feel so special.

There really is nothing bad to say about this resort and the staff. They are constantly going out of their way to make sure you are satisfied. Whether it is the restaurant staff, or the beach concierge staff or the beach waiter staff, everyone is constantly smiling and cheerful. We often encountered staff walking the grounds singing. They genuinely seem happy.

Our first night we had dinner at the Lupita restaurant and we got to meet Claudia who took care of us. What a genuinely nice lady. She went out of her way to make sure we were happy. I even got to taste some homemade habanero infused tequila.

I would like to take a moment to thank Jared (beach concierge) for being so pleasant. Every morning, we were greeted by a smiling and happy Jared that would come by and see us at least 4 or 5 times during the day to make sure that everything was ok. It wouldn't be fair of us not to mention Jarlin (Jared's colleague) as well as Luis and Eduardo. These guys really work hard all day making sure that all the beach guests are happy. Whether it's by bringing cool refreshing towels or ice-cold cocktails, they're always genuinely smiling.

I really can't say anything negative about the resort. Food is excellent (fine dining), service is impeccable, rooms are gorgeous and clean. The whole resort is spotless. Beloved Playa Mujeres is truly a 5-start top-notch resort.

We will definitely be going back!!!!! Now if only it was a bit easier to get to and from either downtown Cancún or Puerto Juarez, that would be really cool. Currently, taxi service is the only way and if you plan on visiting either Isla Mujeres or downtown Cancún, without taking a tour, it can get pricey.

Thank you to everyone at Beloved Playa Mujeres. You really made us feel special and we will never forget it.

Stayed: August 2017
9  Thank Agis G
Excellence G, Community Manager at Beloved Playa Mujeres, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Agis,

Allow us to thank you for choosing Beloved Playa Mujeres as host of your vacation and for taking the time to share your experience with all Trip Advisor readers.

We are amused to read your amiable words regarding your experience and to know that you had a well-deserved relaxing stay at our hotel. Thank you for adding very generous remarks of the positive sides of your vacation and mentioning the outstanding services and the delicious food served that made your stay a memorable experience, as well as the attentive service provided. Thank you very much for your recognition and appreciation and rest sure that your amiable comments will reach the related departments and colleagues. Our partners will be happy to receive your compliments!

It will be a great honor to welcome you again soon and provide another fantastic stay.

Please receive our warmest regards from Cancun!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at Beloved Aug 1-5 and enjoyed every minute of our stay. We were greeted by Jose De Jesus with 2 glasses of champagne when we arrived. He was our bell man and took us to our room and explained everything about the room as well as the property. Check in went smoothly and we were even able to get in to our room early as we arrived before 11am. We booked a beach front casita suite with a private pool and were not disappointed. The room is very spacious, the shower is freaking amazing! It was nice to have the private pool to come back in the late afternoons to cool off and order some room service. Armando was our room service waiter and he was always polite and professional. The beach area is excellent, no need to go out early to reserve a chair and Jarlin will take care of everything at the beach concierge desk. Mariobi is in charge of activities, I swear the guy knows everything and he made our stay extra enjoyable. From the daily volleyball games to a Spanish lesson, as well as helping DJ the pool party, Mariobi made you feel very welcome. We took part in the complimentary hydrotherapy session at the Spa and Olga took great care of us. 2 bartenders that really stood out to us were Daniel at the pool bar, and Miriam in the lobby bar. Daniel always greeted us with a smile and was quick to serve our drinks. Miriam is a great storyteller and takes great care in crafting her drinks. Our last full day Roosevelt took us out snorkeling to a sunken ship. The snorkeling experience was incredible and something my wife and I will remember for a long time! Overall I can't say enough great things about Beloved, it was exactly the type of relaxing, romantic trip we were looking for. There is just the right amount of nightly entertainment. The great thing about a small boutique hotel is you get to know the staff and other guests. We met a lot of great people on our trip. We wish we could have stayed longer, but we will definitely be back!!!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
14.5 km away
Hyatt Zilara Cancun
Hyatt Zilara Cancun
#7 of 176 in Cancun

Been to Beloved Playa Mujeres? Share your experiences!