I just came back and stayed at Beloved from 8/11/17 - 8/14/17, I went with my cousin. We stayed in the junior suite.
THE CONS first..
1) FOOD - is good/average, but had 2 bad experiences. 1 -- I ate a piece of blueberry cheesecake at Isla Grill during lunch and there was eggshells in there (told them and they apologized). 2 -- my cousin and I had dinner at Lupita Lounge for the 2nd night we were there, for our entree we both ordered the sea scallops dish. I took a bite of my first scallop and it was cold (for some reason I still swallowed it). I told my cousin so she checked hers and 1 of them was frozen. We check the other 3 out of the 4/5 scallops on the place and those seemed ok. We called the hostess over and she took our plates and gave us the menu again to order something else. We decided not to order entree and asked for dessert menu. While we looked at the menu, a man came over and introduced himself as the assistant manager. He said are you sure you don't want to order entree? I don't want you to be hungry at 3am. We said its ok. He then goes into say that he's not trying to say that we were wrong, but he tasted the scallops and they were fine.. (obviously he didn't eat the one that I ate half of). My cousin then goes to say, but no mine was frozen. The assistant manager then goes to ask "how frozen? like this?" and pretends as if he's biting on something very hard. My cousin says was frozen, and says frozen or cold to any degree is unacceptable. He asked us to have dinner again there the following night because he doesn't want us to "effect the diamond rating". I then asked for ice cream. He rolls over a cart that's been sitting out at the restaurant and tells me the flavors. I asked for sweet potato. He tries to scoop it and its basically melted and in liquid form. He says its hard to keep it cold, but still serves me the plate. We've had it and left the restaurant and ordered room service. (Side note, the next 2 days we were at the resort this same guy would see us and ask us if everything's ok, how's our day, etc. to make it up for that night at the restaurant, maybe?)
2) WiFi - is absolutely horrible, nothing loads, the wifi service is not secured (meaning no password needed to join) I can use my phone on roaming and still didn't work. Each time I wanted to face time my kids I had to go outside in a sitting area just outside of the Lupita Lounge/Lobby/Ceviche Bar. We needed to get our car to the airport email and wouldn't load. They told us to go to game room and use those computers and still took 10 minutes just to log into email.
3) AC - The AC in the room is "controlled" only goes down to 70 degrees, which I'm sure is because they are trying to conserve energy but when it's August and extremely hot and humid.. wish I had the option to crank up the AC a bit.
4) GAME ROOM - We were in the game room and there is a coffee and small snack station there. All of the sudden about 5/6 staff members (probably managers/asst managers because uniform was different and the same guy from Lupita Lounge was there) came in and started to eat all the food and make/drink coffee and congregate there. Maybe the company lets them do this at guests areas, but I personally find it unprofessional. If I wanted a coffee or croissant at that time then I would have to wait for them to finish first
1) SPA - was the best part of my stay. I got a massage and facial, my cousin got a massage and body wrap (which she said was a scrub and not an actual wrap). We mentioned when we booked that there was a free hydrotherapy session with the room but they only allow 1 person to use it, and it costs $45 for the 2nd. After some persuasion, she agreed to let us both go for 20 mins before our treatments. We went into the sauna and a steam room and shower/wash off area. I got Bety as my masseuse, she also did my facial, when she was waiting fo r my mask for my mask instead of leaving the room she braided my hair!The whole spa area is beautiful, all white, aromatherapy everywhere, very zen like and has a zen garden in the reception area. The whole experience there was great. On the pricier side, but that was expected.
2) ROOM - very spacious, has a jacuzzi and even a bed on your balcony to lounge on. The minibar in the room was great. Nespresso machine, full and unopened bottles of alcohol, water, different types of sodas and snacks (granola bar, snickers, oreos) in there.
3) GYM - the largest I've seen at resorts and very clean, also had a seperate room for yoga (mats provided) stretching, etc.
4) AROMA - this restaurant had the best dinner, ordered duck breast and ribeye and both were delicious. This is also the restaurant for breakfast buffet which was good, offered a variety of food, an omelet station, make your own bloody mary or mimosas and always had a huge selection of juices (about 10+ flavors).
5) DRINKS - impressed with the wide variety of drinks, whether it be juice, coffee/latte, liqour. They can make anything, but certain bars have certain brands/types of liqour.
6) POOLS - there are 3 pools in the resort, 1 near the beach with a swim up bar. The other 2 were next to each other and mostly vacant. I liked this because you don't have to go early and reserve seats or walk around everywhere look for one. The Natura bar was near these 2 bars and served crepes, waffles and milkshakes. Service to get other drinks and snacks was tough because they didn't go there enough. We would always need to flag someone down to ask them to call for a waiter/waitress.
Overall, I had a decent stayed, maybe my expectations were too high (this is a 5 star boutique hotel). Most of the staff and servers were very accomdating. Food needs to more consistent .. I ordered chicken wings and tenders and one time was basically burnt, had nachos 2x and once came w guac the other didn't and had to ask for it.
Great for couples, (a lot of honeymooners and anniversary celebrations) if you want a few days to rest and relax. since there is not much to do there and there isn't much activity at the resort itself. You would need to go out to go downtown or excursions or may start to get bored.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Beloved Hotel Playa Mujeres combines luxury and comfort with the convenience of the 'boutique style' Adults only all-inclusive Hotel, in the perfect setting poised for pleasure and relaxation. Here you'll have a comfortable home base of contemporary luxury. Stylish hotel architecture and decor, generous suites, spotless service, deluxe facilities, and of course, our secluded beachfront setting, all enable you to let your days happen naturally. At this intimate beachfront community you'll enjoy personalized spa and wellness programs, fine dining, seaside golf, boating and fishing from our inland marina, and a host of other activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Beloved Playa Mujeres reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Amada Resort
- La Amada Playa Mujeres