US$274
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$328/night.

SALA Phuket Resort and Spa(Mai Khao)(Great Value!)
US$168
US$141
Book now, pay at stay
US$24
  • Beachfront
Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa(Mai Khao)(Great Value!)
US$150
Renaissance Hotels
US$362
US$230
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$265/night.

US$76
US$59
Priceline
Mai Khao Beach Bungalows(Mai Khao)(Great Value!)
US$28
Agoda.com
US$92
US$89
US$404
US$323
4,654 results
All reviewslobby barblue barjw marriott phuketsiam delikids clubandaman grilljapanese restaurantcooking schoolginja tastesouth poolmandara spahealth clubturtle villageadult poolbreakfast buffetcooking classtennis courts
Reviewed 10 October 2011

My husband and I spend a week in a suite at the JW Marriott Vacation Club. The two-bedroom suite was modern, clean and spacious. Daily maid service was excellent; they restocked the water, tea, and coffee every day. Pools at the resort are beautiful and so is the beach, although the water was too rough for swimming in August. Although the resort is lovely, it lacks charm and local character. We visited the Anantara Phuket Villas, which are next door, and fell in love with the villas there. Each stand-alone villa has its own secluded garden area and pool. The gardens are mature and gorgeous. It is a much more romantic resort than the JW Marriott and we wished we had stayed there. Moreover, except for the Japanese restaurant, the restaurants at the Marriott property, were overpriced and the food mediocre. The best meal we had was off-property at Kindee (wish we had known it delivers). But the JW Marriott is fantastic for children. The pools, playgrounds, and daily visits by a baby elephant delighted the children. For a fee, children can even participate in circus events. Plus I think the food is very Americanized and highly palatable for children.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 October 2011

The JW marriott is such a beautiful property. The variety of pools is very nice. Each has their own vibe. The beach is very secluded and beautiful. Getting to Patong takes around 30-45 minutes so eating at the resort is often necessary. The breakfast is wonderful. We at the deli a few times which was also good. As you would imagine the prices are high. Especially if you drink alcohol. The turtle bay area just down the road has a grocery store where you can buy your own booze, which makes drinking more economical. We brought some beer to the pool and beach areas and the employees did not seem to mind as long as you did not make a spectacle of the situation. The staff was so professional. I was amazed at how well they executed their jobs. I stay in hotels 200 plus nights are year so it is hard to get my attention... but these folks did. Especially Zen who was working at the "Blue Pool". Wow, he is great.
The only issue is the location. If you are looking for total seclusion, then this is place for you. If you are looking a mixing it up with locals, the cab ride to Patong gets old.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 October 2011

We stayed at the Marriott Vacation Club attached to the JW Marriott, which uses the JW facilities but has different style rooms. Overall, the resort and accommodations were gorgeous and amazing, but it was very much an American hotel chain with little in the way of authentical local flair. I'd go back again, but only if I knew I was doing something a bit less coddled at other points in the vacation.

The amazing:
The vacation club villa was amazing. The square footage was huge, the kitchen was totally pimped out, the master bath suite was totally luxurious, the giant bed was super-comfortable, and the huge balcony overlooking a little stream was fantastic. The room was five stars, absolutely perfect.
The resort itself is postcard-beautiful. The reflecting pond, lit with torches at night, begs to be photographed. The stretch of beach has gorgeous views of the ocean. And employees walk around with eucalyptus (I think) scented cool towels, which is lovely in the humid tropical weather. Amazing.
The restaurants are really good, particularly the Thai one, whose name I cannot now recall because it was our first meal and we were severely jet-lagged. The food, however, stuck with me and I'm pretty sure it was the best we had in Thailand. It was pricey, sure, but delicious.

The good:
The spa was super nice, and they put us in what is simply the most gorgeous spa room I've ever been in - outdoor space, running water, steam shower... beautiful. We were running late, though, and they were a bit snotty about it. I know it was our fault, but they could have been a bit more gracious in my view. And it was insanely pricey - out of proportion to any other spa treatments in the country except for the Mandarin Oriental. But it was pretty fantastic. So, it was good, with a grain of salt.

The not-so-good:
The resort was located extremely convenient to the airport, but not extremely inconvenient to literally every other thing on Phuket. If you're going to experience a beautiful resort, the location is not a problem, but if you want to get out on the island at all, this is really a tough location. It also has absolutely no feeling of locale -- it's got a Thai restaurant, and a mostly Thai staff, of course, but apart from that it was pretty generic in a beautiful way.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kbugs24
Reviewed 30 September 2011

We just got back from our 5 day stay at JW Marriott and overall we had the best time! We were incredibly lucky with weather given that September is considered monsoon season but it only rained during the night and while we were on a day trip to Phi Phi island. The resort is large and beautifully landscaped and seems to cater well for families with children. There are three swimming pools and the main infinity pool offers relaxation and serenity with a great view of the ocean and plenty of loungers. We ate/drank at about 5 of the restaurants/bars and the service at all of them was fantastic. We particularly enjoyed the huge range at the buffet breakfast and liked having a drink at the Out of the Blue Bar and Sala Bar. The Italian restaurant was fine for Asian standards but I've had much better at suburban restaurants in Sydney.

We did a cooking class at Ginja and that was heaps of fun. The trip to the market was great as we were introduced to many vegetables that we weren't aware of and we thought we were pretty on top of Asian veggies!

Unfortunately, time ran out and we didn't get to try the massage at the Marriott though having a wonder through, the rooms look fantastic and they are currently undergoing some renovations so should have more rooms in a few months or so.

Pros- Fantastic resort. 5 Star. Great service. Large enough not to keep bumping into people. Our room was large and had a great view of the gardens. Live music at Sala was entertaining. A general feeling of peace and serenity. Cooking class was fun. Private dining in at the beach at sunset was perfect. There's a kid centre which is good for families and also means that it keeps the kids entertained and away from other areas where people may want some quiet.

Cons- The restaurants are pricey. Affordable but not cheap so if you're looking for a cheap holiday in Phuket, staying at the JW Marriott is not it. A massage will cost around $120AUD for 90 mins ($12 beach massage for an hour), cooking class $120AUD, meals around $15, buffet breakfast $25, cocktails $9. It's cheap for a resort I guess but just be prepared that's all!
The location is remote so if you're planning on heading into Patong be prepared to pay around $23 return on the shuttle bus and it's about a 50minute ride and there were only two return trips when we went one at 6:15pm and one at 11pm. Personally, I wouldn't bother with Patong especially with only 5 days at the resort. Even if you're not planning on going into Patong or into Phuket Town, the remoteness of JW Marriott means that you're kind of stuck at the resort and subject to the prices of their eateries and if you're there for longer than we were you might want to venture out to try some local restaurants or shops.
The beach is not really swimmable and my husband and I are both decent swimmers. The waves are pretty constant and rough. And there are no beach loungers which would indicate that it's not really a swimming beach.

We also did a day trip to Phi Phi and organised this through the Marriott as it was just more convenient but I'm sure if we had access to other tour operators we could have gotten it for cheaper.

Please don't get me wrong. This is a positive review for the Marriott and the only cons I wrote was more for people to be aware. It's not really meant to be negative. The question is would I stay at the Marriott again? If it was off peak season (less people) and we only had a few days then yes very possibly but if we had 5 days again and in peak season I'd probably try somewhere else simply because of the location. It would be nice to be able to swim at the beach and check out other venues outside the resort.

Room Tip: We picked a Garden Sala with balcony rather than ground floor as this meant lounging outside with people walking past and being a feast for mosquitoes.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 September 2011

I have stayed at many 5 star hotel, but this one exceeds all the others. it is a very large place, with great service from the moment you drive up till you leave. It has a long stretch of beautiful sandy beach where one can swim for hours in the balmy water.

you can get a massage on the beach or in your room. We had a beautiful room looking out at the gardens. The highlight of our stay was the rose petal filled tub that they fill for you at your request.

The restaurants and room service food was great.

The only hiccup was the distance from downtown. You need transportation, can't walk there.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple