September 2011, off-season, we stayed in a 2-room villa with friends. It was clean, well organized, and overall very comfortable. The AC varies from room to room, which I found was normal in Thailand (my first visit). The couch was a bit musty, but probably from extreme humidity. We were blessed (from our perspective) with not having hoards of guests surrounding us and making noise. Unfortunately we had unbelievably loud chairs being moved around all hours of the day and night above us. The dining room chairs are very heavy, thus, if weighted down, will make a loud honking noise when scraped on the tile floor. We suspected that the worker break room was above us, that can only explain the noises day and night. I suggest that the property invest in some felt pads at the bottom of each leg of every chair on that tile.
Jumbo walked around every morning, a 4-year old elephant that was well taken care of and very smart, friendly and photogenic. The ocean was at red flag every day, but it was beautiful weather, the pools were heaven. I sat at one pool all day and was brought sushi samples, mixed drink samples (alcoholic or non), cooooooooool wet washcloths, and iced water spray! I felt extremely pampered, but of course.... we paid for it.
The standard Pad Thai downtown or somewhere on a beach is about $3USD, in this resort..... about $15USD. So, in that comparison, much can be said for the rest of the costs, about five times as much in the rest of Thailand. I felt very isolated from the rest of the country. I am an American, which was a minority at that time. I met Australians, South Africans, Siberians, Russians and a few Thai people. The warmth and friendliness of the Thai people is infectious and for my next visit, I am hoping to stay somewhere that I can feel that warmth and hospitality that seems a little more genuine than manufactured.
For this resort, I would say it's very quality, manufactured very well. Depending on what kind of vacation you like, this review could help or hinder..... it's up to you. มีวันที่ดี
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- JW Marriott Phuket Resort & Spa is set in lush tropical gardens, with 17 kms of natural beachfront. Twenty minutes north of the airport, our Phuket resort's grounds comprise 265 spacious rooms including 13 suites, all facing towards the Andaman Sea. Facilities include eleven restaurants and bars, Thai cooking school, three magnificent pools, full-service Mandara Spa, on-site turtle shelter, shopping arcade, activities-packed kids club including on-site turtle shelter. The fitness center includes two tennis courts, yoga sala. Golf available nearby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, LoveHolidays, TravelUp, Expedia, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your JW Marriott Phuket Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Phuket Hotel Mai Khao
- Jw Marriott Phuket Resort And Spa
- Jw Marriott Mai Khao
- Marriott Phuket
- Phuket Marriott
- JW Marriott Phuket Resort & Spa Mai Khao