Lowest prices for your stay
US$109
SAVE US$20
Expedia.comUS$106
eDreamsUS$109
TravelocityUS$106
All reviews pool bar clean rooms costa rica good size macaws flying hot water lunch and dinner beautiful beach birds
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 February 2020 via mobile

Staff were very good and friendly. Room was large but basic, bedding wasn’t good. Pillows I think had been filled with cotton wool buds. Bathroom ok with hot water and quite good water pressure. Pool was good size but not much room around pool to sunbathe. Bars ok with national branded spirits and beer. Extra charge for international alcohol. Food around pool looked ok. Food in restaurant for breakfast, lunch and dinner was not great. Plenty of salads which were ok but the hot food didn’t look good so I didn’t eat apart from the pasta which is made fresh by chef. Only problem is cross contamination of foods as same spoon is used for meats and vegetables and meat were then transferred into vegetables containers. There is no games rooms like pool table or table tennis extra but they do have boardgames at pool bar like connect four, chess etc. Beach is 15 min walk down the road which is ok but not that great. There is another beach slightly better to the left but you need to walk up some rocks and down other side to get to it and there’s not a great deal of sand to lay on. I booked this hotel knowing it wasn’t going to be amazing but it was the best value compared to others around and my budget didn’t stretch that far so I took a chance on hotel arenas. I was there 3 days with my 16 year old son and it was ok for 3 days but I personally wouldn’t want to stay longer. Food just wasn’t good enough, not sure why some reviews are saying food is excellent. Clean hotel with lovely staff.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 21 January 2020

Good rooms, great food, bars.

Air conditioning in the rooms is a little noisy, central A/C would be better.

Food is good, the buffet has a lot of options of salads, meat, deserts.

The pool bar has very good products, there was not much people during the days we went (Sun-Wed) so the attention was very fast.

Date of stay: January 2020
Reviewed 13 January 2020

The hotel was placed near a beautiful beach, we had a big very clean room and met in most cases very friendly staff. The food - breakfast, lunch and dinner - was perfect and really tasty. Overall - a good stay

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 2 January 2020

The food, service was very very bad. I paid a steep price of $1500 for 3 days in December and we ( family of 4) checked out one day early because it was so bad ! There were 50 big crows on a small tree outside our room who screamed at 4:00 am in the morning and woke us up. In all our 10 days in Costa Rica, the two days in Hotel Arenas were the worst.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 27 October 2019

It was my first time to Costa Rica and I found this resort on Expedia. This hotel is clean, decent and average. The rooms are clean and upkeep once a day which is nice. The food is average and it would have been nicer if it was more of the culture's delicacy would have been my preference. The staff was hospitable and welcoming.

Date of stay: October 2019