3 people are viewing this hotel
Expedia.comUS$131
FindHotelUS$137
getaroom.comUS$156
1,154 results
All reviews costa rica white faced monkeys playa blanca selvamar rooms butterfly garden beautiful beach a la carte scarlet macaws zip line superior room bird tour carabelas restaurant mini golf buffet restaurant rental car shuttle service bird watching
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 January 2021

The service was terrible. It was extremely difficult to reach the reception by phone and what made it even worse is that they provided the wrong desk number. So I couldn't even get ahold of them when I called. I live in Costa Rica and I have been to many hotels/places. For the price of the rooms the service is not matched. The food is the worst food i've had anywhere in CR. The only highlight of this place is the beach. However you will have to wait for a shuttle that may or may not come at expected times. Expect to wear your bracelet nonstop and experience disprespect from staff/attitudes. The shower in my room was extremely freezing water it took them two days to turn on the pump and still no solution. I had to change rooms just to have a hot shower. Again the beach was nice but the place was sub par/childish. What was even more childish getting bombarded for not wearing a bracelet although I had it safely with me in a plastic baggie in sight. Truly ridiculous rules the place tries to maintain high security/profile with horrible service by far the worst stay I've experienced. Lastly I was promised a partial refund for the trouble and never recived it.

Room tip: Shoot for a condo the rooms are not great quality.
Date of stay: December 2020
1  Thank Mobile755933
Sara Jimenez, Marketing at Hotel Punta Leona, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2021

Dear Mobile755933

Thank you for choosing Hotel Punta Leona. We appreciate that you have taken part of your time to share this detailed review of your stay.

I apologize for the service and the inconvenience with your room, I am sorry that our food offerings did not meet your expectations.

We have shared with our team your comments to review and take the necessary corrective actions to improve the quality and details in the service we provide to our guests and ensure that our customers enjoy a stay with the highest quality standards.

We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again and leave a better impression of Hotel y Club Punta Leona.

Best regards

Reviewed 21 December 2020 via mobile

I visited the hotel in December. Even if there are improvements going on, the place is beautiful the beach is wonderful. The restaurant is good and we felt safe all the time. We recommend it a lot.
There are many improvements on the safety and please enjoy the sunset even after the sun is down, the colors are better after that. The pictures do not have any filter.

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Sara Jimenez, Marketing at Hotel Punta Leona, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2020

Hi dear Y420QMricardos

Thank you for leaving us such a great review!✨
We are delighted that you loved your experience. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day!
So thanks for your kind words and recommendation, we hope to see you again!

Hotel y Club Punta Leona

Reviewed 20 August 2020 via mobile

Ok where do I start. I arrived at the hotel around 12pm. Checkin is at 3pm. They allowed me to use the facilities swimming pool and walk on the beach. At around 4:30pm it appeared it was going to rain we decided to stop by for the key card to for our room since they do not give it until after 3pm. We got to our room at 5pm showered as soon as we finished the lights and water went out. We did not get it back all night and all morning it was horrible no air or water. Worst stay I ever had in Costa Rica. They never offered a discount or anything. You can image not being able to flush the toilet or no air conditioning in 88 degree heat. Good luck if you decide to stay here.

Date of stay: August 2020
3  Thank slice107
Sara Jimenez, Marketing at Hotel Punta Leona, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2020

Dear customer slice107,

We are sorry you experienced water and electricity shut down due to the heavy storm. Unfortunately this can occasionally happen during rainy season when tress fall down and damages take time to be repaired.

In the future, we expect to provide you the best service as we love to serve our customers.

We appreciate your feedback an hope yo keep visiting Costa Rica

Best regards
Hotel Punta Leona

Reviewed 13 March 2020

Totally enjoyed our time spent here. We stayed in "Panama" rooms were very comfortable and clean. Plenty of room for all our stuff and we even had an English channel on the tv. Yes, we actually turned on the tv for a few minutes. We were there for a birding trip and had the opportunity to see beautiful macaws, owls and others.
One big disappointment!!! NO White Faced Capuchin monkeys!!! One of the main reasons for staying here were the monkeys. They have put nets around the restaurant to discourage them from stealing food. I understand that but they could still do something to keep them around. We probably won't go back there until the monkeys return.

Date of stay: March 2020
2  Thank pzipp67
Sara Jimenez, Marketing at Hotel Punta Leona, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2020

Hello pzipp67

We appreciate you have shared your comments about your recent stay. We will take your comments into account to improve and offer the best service possible.

We look forward to seeing you again and that we will be the perfect place to escape and relax a few days.

Reviewed 10 March 2020 via mobile

The only thing OK about this hotel was Playa Blanca which was a beautiful beach. We stayed at the apartments which is located by a busy road extremely noisy especially starting early in the morning. Hotel is very sparse with uncomfortable beds overused pillows and no amenities. Have to walk everywhere since busing is not reliable and very limited times. Staff is not friendly and happy with their jobs. Food is Marginal at best. We stopped using hotel amenities since we were always so disappointed and just spent our days at the beach. I would not recommend this hotel. The price was very affordable and the hotel and apartment were clean. These are the only positives.

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
HotelyClubPuntaLeona, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Punta Leona, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2020

Dear guest 746jenniferz:

Thanks for choosing us for your vacation!
We appreciated your comments about your recent experience at Punta Leona.
Your feedback is very valuable to us and motivates us to keep improving our service to our guests.
We hope to receive you again at Punta Leona.