Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
PricelineUS$157
eDreamsUS$157
TripadvisorUS$157
All reviews shannon river boutique hotel steak sandwich quick lunch staff were extremely friendly ate here brown bread fantastic food pot of tea family run hotel beautiful room short break home from home bar food royal canal balcony overlooking the river small village
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 October 2020

We arrived on Sunday 27th September @ 2.20pm without a reservation yet we were allocated a table within 2-3mins. Considering it was for four adults and two children- 1 four year old and 1 infant needing a high-chair, this was great. The food was exceptional. When the food was presented, the 20 minutes between ordering and receiving, was well worth the wait. Everyone cleared their plates. What more can you ask. Congratulations to all involved. Liam.

Date of stay: September 2020
Reviewed 4 October 2020 via mobile

booked in for 1 night stay with friends, and was completely blown away from the moment we arrived, a beautiful warm comfortable hotel, absolutely delicious food. Already looking forward to our next trip.

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 September 2020

Food was top notch and the service was excellent. Great buzz around the place which created a lovely atmosphere. The folks here really know what they're at. I'll be sure to pop in again on my next visit back to Ireland.

Room tip: Nice room with a balcony facing the water
Date of stay: October 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 30 August 2020

Rooms are very well appointed. Worth getting a river view if possible. Continental breakfast in a basket delivered to your room a really good feature for these Covid 19 times. High quality produce and generous. We ate here both nights of our stay. Wide varied menu. Something for everyone. Food very tasty with friendly efficient service. Borrowed a bike for our adult son - nothing too much trouble. Also enjoyed some local cycles and walks, a slightly illicit swim in the Shannon and a historic tour of Strokestown house. A really lovely short break.

Room tip: River view
Date of stay: August 2020
Reviewed 20 August 2020 via mobile

I stopped off for a sandwich, only one sandwich on the menu, no choice, ham, cheese onion, all mixed up and with chips. I asked if I could have something else, like a ham sandwich, told no. Advised that I did not want chips. I noted when I got the bill that I was charged 8.95 for sandwich. Much too much for what I got. One sandwich on a menu is inadequate at 4p.m.

Date of stay: August 2020