Just returned from another great holiday spent at this hotel and wouldn't choose anywhere else in Tobago. (I've done some of the others).Yes - as others have said, it's verrrrry tired and in need of renovation but if you are happy with basic rooms that are at least clean, a very large and comfy bed, a fridge , coffee/tea making facilities, a safe, great air con and a view to die for from your room then you can't go wrong. The only let down was water for showering (goes hot then cold and pressure not always good).
The staff were as friendly as always and they couldn't do enough. Just be friendly towards them - they'll respond happly. Food in resaurant was always hot and fresh. Enough choice for everyone I should think, at every meal.
Look out for:
Frankie - good reliable tours (book on the beach not through rep)
Stumpy - on the beach. he'll give you a great snorkelling, fishing trip.
Henry - he's on the beach near the far end, and he'll make you leather goods of high quality. Rum punch for a tip.
Eastlyn - ask at the desk when you need her taxi service. She's brilliant and will give you excellent service.
Looking forward to next year already. Maybe as a bonus the refurb will be done.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "best beach resort experience in Tobago" ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Turtle Beach by Rex Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Turtle Beach By Rex Hotel Scarborough
- Turtle Beach Tobago
- Turtle Beach Rex Resorts
- Turtle Beach Hotel Tobago