Lowest prices for your stay
US$304
View deal
Orbitz.com
Expedia.comUS$320
PricelineUS$320
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 August 2021

The property enjoys from beautiful views of the ocean and that's about it...
The rooms are on the small side and uncomfortable and the noise isolation is awful…for sure that you will wake up with the cleaning teams in the corridor or by the receptionist speaking on the phone or with other clients.
The hygiene in this property is also very poor. We had two rooms, in our kid’s room we found cockroachs, the shower was not properly clean, and the room had a strange smell. We have tried to exchange rooms, but they couldn’t get us an alternative. In our room we also had our problems but this one was worst..
We also had some hygiene problems with the food, we found a hair inside the omelet they have prepared for our son… we complained with the waiter, but they didn’t bother and brought another one without apologizing from what happened.
The food is bad, and the same dishes can be prepared in different ways depending on the time of the day…
The infinity pool and the outside lounge area is ridiculous small and uncomfortable. The pool is not properly cleaned…
At the end of our stay the Hotel manager aware of our complaints came from a sister property to speak with us and apologized and offered us a voucher for a weekend at their sister property (Santa Bárbara). He recognized the problems, but you cannot expect that a voucher would make us forget this terrible experience with a room rate of 350€ per night…

Date of stay: August 2021
1  Thank 450joaos
Reviewed 10 August 2021

We stayed here for our anniversary, and the hotel made it a special experience. It's the perfect hotel to hole up in as the ocean is literally outside your door (you can hear it at night) and there are lovely places to sit and relax along the deck and in front of the infinity pool. At night, a lovely fire was lit in the fire pit, and we also had a fireplace in our room. As noted by other reviewers, the dinner is expensive (but still cheaper than what you would pay for comparable food in New York or most other big cities) but delicious. We had 2 starters, 2 mains (all fresh seafood) and 3 glasses of the more expensive wines, and it was just under 100 euro. I loved the decor--it felt very Scandinavian minimalist with colors that perfectly matched the landscape (the infinity pool bled seamlessly into the ocean). The building is an old 18th century manor, and some touches of the original lava rock remains, which is also a nice touch. The staff was very helpful in suggesting activities for us, including places we otherwise would not have gone, and we found everyone very friendly and helpful. Oh, and there is a wonderful area to tide pool just down the street from the hotel (walking distance). We went at low tide, and it was like being at an aquarium--so many colorful little fish!

Date of stay: August 2021
Reviewed 16 February 2021

Hello, want to share witt my awful experience of booking accomodation at this property and discussing the problem with hotel managment (want to say hello to Francisco Sant’Anna, Director of Sales & Marketing)
I booked the accomodation from 22,03-31,03,2020 and of course Covid has happened, boarders were closed for non-european citizens (my citizenship is Belarus) so I immediately tpld my provider and obviosly no way was to come , I asked about possibility to refund me all amount because I couldn't use this not because of my illnes or non-wish to come, extraordinary situation was happened...So I got an answer - sorry we couldn't help you, non-ref reservation , bye! I stayed in different 5-star hotels and I chose this one because I saw reviews and thought that onlu this accomodation could give me service like well 5-star hotel if I only Knew this unfriendly managment NEVER booked it and advised to my friends be aware of, because NO ONE want to try to understand the problem (I booked other properties in countries and they RETURNED me money inspite of fees, because they are care of their status. They suggested me to fix the dates for this march...as I see the conditions The Azores DON'T open for tourism (carantine obligatory, vaccine) HOW IS IT POSSIBLE TO COME? Maybe dear Francisco will tell with government and they will open the boarders (lol) So , this has happened, okey fees for 1-2-3 nights are okey for me, but NOT FOR ALL PERIOD, because I couldn't get all service for what I paid my money. So will be careful, because than you will book a 5-star hotel you are expecting for service...but no service here no any solutions of my problem . Maybe the hotel never will be openrd again, who knows because in the travel sphere exh client now like gold, but not for THIS "5star" hotel

Wish you luck, Alesia

Date of stay: March 2020
Reviewed 8 October 2019 via mobile

My husband and I booked the villa for our wedding anniversary; the space did not disappoint...room was clean, had all amenities we would need! On the first night when we opened the hot tub, it didn’t look clean, however the next two days the staff did clean it. The main infinity pool could have been cleaner (especially under the lounge chairs). View of ocean was spectacular, as pictured. Villa Room was spacious and shower nice (takes about two minutes for water to heat up). PLEASE NOTE: DO NOT USE THE MAGNIFICATION MIRROR...my husband and I, literally, both were electrocuted when touching it (& I’m not talking about a small zap, but a full volt going through my body with burning, tingling and numbness to follow). Told Andrea to fix this for future guests.

Bar and kitchen were a disappointment; my husband and I stay at 5-star boutique resorts often and felt this was lacking...drink menu was very limited (don’t anticipate a Bloody Mary, old fashioned or margarita...only one beer to select). Had dinner there the last night and was one of the worst we had during our 11-day stay in Portugal. Even though we confirmed earlier in the day that we could order a la carte, when we arrived we were told 4-course tasting, 8-course tasting or only 1 protein dish were our options. We selected the 4 course and were both VERY disappointed with the entree-it was a meat dish that was ALL fat (& not the good fat, the kind you can’t even chew/cut). I sent mine back and the chef then sent out another meat dish...weren’t told what cut it was and honestly couldn’t tell...it was like bubble gum/we COULD NOT chew it. No ambiance or music and wish we would have had dinner elsewhere for our last night.

Brasa was the nicest and most accommodating of the staff (Andrea was very helpful as well)...we had a very early flight to Lisbon and Brasa arranged for breakfast to be prepared for us the evening before so we’d have something to eat before leaving.

Also, we realize that some things cannot be avoided, but when night swimming, we did encounter a few roaches outside running around (& a few centipedes in our room). Housekeeping was good (though the floors were not cleaned after we checked in all three days).

Lastly, upon checkout, we were initially charged an overage fee due to a mistake Sandra had made (we should have only been charged $100 more, but was more than triple that and only discovered after they had charged our card). We are waiting for this to be resolved (Andrea assured us this would happen in a timely manner).

All in all, while the resort allowed for fabulous views and the villa was lovely, there are several areas requiring improvements and at this time, would advise you to ensure these issues resolved prior to booking.

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank kristieboland
Reviewed 1 October 2019

This was a beautiful hotel right on the ocean, with amazing views from every window! The rooms were extra spacious with kitchenettes in them, the staff was very nice and helpful, and the breakfast which was included every morning exceeded expectations. The pool was a great way to end the day with amazing cocktails from the bar. It's in a great location close to PDL with only about a 10min drive to the airport.The only issue we ran into, was we had an early flight so the hotel scheduled a cab for us, but the cab never showed up and hotel staff is only there during the day. We spent almost an hour trying to use the phone, locate another taxi, call the hotel emergency number, etc. and almost missed our flight. That aside, it was amazing trip and place to stay!

Date of stay: September 2019