The Westin Siray Bay Resort & Spa Phuket
Lamoon Resotel(Talat Yai)
  • Restaurant
Meroom(Talat Yai)
View Hotel
Phuket Crystal Inn(Phuket Town)
  • Restaurant
The Malika Hotel(Talat Yai)
2,194 results
All reviewspregosplash poolkids clubseasonal tastesheavenly bedprivate beachsala pool villadiscovery suitebuggy servicesea viewspg platinumgolf cartasian restaurantheavenly spashuttle buspatong beachswim up bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 February 2012

We (my girlfriend and I) have recently returned from our holiday feeling ever so relaxed thanks to this particular resort. Tucked away, slightly distant from all the action, but do not let that deter you, the Westin Siray Bay offers the essence of tranquillity with stunning views of the bay. From its numerous pools with jacuzzi seats at the pool bar, luscious greenery, to the balconies of the rooms with their calming views, this resort is paradise.

A big thanks to Ti from the windsurfing lessons as he was excellent in motivating my girlfriend and I to get back up and keep trying; Rudy from the Front Office for his warm approach and friendliness.

Room Tip: Superior sea view for the views from higher up
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Reddes
StarwoodPhuket, General Manager at The Westin Siray Bay Resort & Spa Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2012

Dear Reddes,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and we are pleased you and your girlfriend enjoyed your stay with us. Your comments will be passed onto the team especially Ti for his windsurfing lessons and Rudy. We look forward to welcoming you back to the resort in the near future.

Kind Regards,
Sean Raine

Reviewed 7 February 2012

really good rooms, think the resort is only about two years old, built on hillside overlooking bay, family pool lower down and (quieter)adult pool higher up, very good beds esp pillows, westins are brilliant for this, you need peaceful sleep after swimming and shopping and touring. learn hello 'so what dee car' and kob coon car (thank you) and you will get on better with locals. our friendly taxi driver in phuket town took us to his 'friends', a gem shop and the tailors (which are good value btw) so we said ok play the game, now take us to some cool local places, he did incl good lookout, house where they filmed gd mrng vietnam, shops and restaurant where locals go etc. relax and go with the flow

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear marktwojag,

Thank you for your comments and we are pleased you enjoyed your stay especially your room, beds and pillows. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind Regards,
Sean Raine

Reviewed 6 February 2012

Stayed three nights at the Westin Siray Bay with my family. It is a beautiful resort with a nice view of the sea from everywhere you are.Rooms are nice, but I have seen better at other Westin hotels. We had forgot to mention our need for connecting rooms. However - the staff were unable to give new rooms as they were suites. Fair enough - but I expect some extra service when being a Gold member. In general the service was OK, but not what you would expect at a 5* resort. Day 2 of our stay - I need more sun lotion. The response was that the hotel was sold out of sun lotion and only had after sun lotion left. I was very surprised when the staff advised me to take a taxi into Phuket City to buy some. I almost thought asking them if I should bring som extra for the other guests... If a sun and beach resort like Siray Bay cannot keep sun lotion in stock - I would personally send one of the numerous staff they have to go get some for their guests! And not send me out on a taxi drive while my familiy is waiting.
Rooms were cleaned every day - but I still found garbage left behind. They did not manage to re-fill snacks. AND - cannot understand why they don't clean the beach every morning? In the restaurants -. service was average and sometimes below. They were slow and lacked personal attention. Westin must train there people before letting then take orders from guests.

Oveall - great potential, but significant need for service improvement before I will return.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Håkon H
StarwoodPhuket, Manager at The Westin Siray Bay Resort & Spa Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2012

Dear MickeyFontana,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with concerns. We value your feedback as it assists our team to continually improve and strive to provide our guests exceptional service. I am sorry to learn that you did not feel our resort met your expectations. Rest assured we will take your comments on board and share them with our associates so that we may resolve the issues you have raised.

Thank you again for the information you have provided, and should you wish to stay with us again, I am sure you will be pleased to see the positive changes we have made based on your experience.

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed 1 February 2012

Lovely newly built property, you do need to get around with the golf carts but that was never problematic. Several pools around the property, we were in a nice suite with great views around the top. The breakfast buffet was phenomenal. The beach isn't usable and we had come to this hotel after we stayed at the Le Meridien for a few days so it didn't really matter for us. I guess they're working on having their own personal boats to take you to nearby islands with great beaches.

It is on the other side of Phuket, so you'd be staying on the resort... most likely

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
StarwoodPhuket, Manager at The Westin Siray Bay Resort & Spa Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2012

Dear kokolig,

Thank you for sharing your experience of your recent stay at the Westin Siray Bay Resort & Spa Phuket. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our pools, views, and buffet breakfast.

Thank you again for your review. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 1 February 2012

We stayed at the Westin for a week and loved it. The resort is beautiful, the breakfasts sumptuous, and the staff is lovely. Swimming in the infinity pools and watching sunset over Siray Bay is truely magnificent.

Cons: the rooms we were initially allocated were musty and smelly: we had to relocate after 5 nights of complaining. What a nuisance to relocate 2 rooms and 5 people! The hotel was apologetic and offered us free wifi and a lovely fruit platter as an apology.

The rooms are showing a little wear and the beach while beautiful to sit on, was not great for swimming.

The bottled water in the main restaurant was exorbitantly overpriced at 250 baht a bottle! Stick to soda water.

I nonetheless would stay again as the pros far outweigh the cons.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family

Dear travelling008,

Thank you for sharing the story of your recent visit at the Westin Siray Bay Resort & Spa Phuket. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our wonderful resort, breakfast, services and especially the Horizon pool.

I will certainly address your concerns with regards to your room with our team, and I apologise that we were unable to move you earlier due to our very high occupancy.

We wish you all the best, and would love to have you stay with us again in the future.