“The best massaman curry ever”
Review of China Inn Cafe

China Inn Cafe
Ranked #45 of 972 Restaurants in Phuket Town
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 23 January 2016

Simple menu, but with real taste.
Try the massaman curry, it is the best ever. I tried many others after this one, but nothing beat the massaman curry from China Inn. Tasty, yummy, melt in your mouth, what else do you need?

Reviewed 20 January 2016

The restaurant is set in a beautifully restored Sino -Portuguese house. You can eat in the front area or go to the back veranda and garden area. The atmosphere is relaxed and you feel you have gone back in time. We always have the red curry duck and the green mango salad. The pad thai is beautiful and the aubergine curry tasty. My favourites are the beautifully presented drinks e.g. lemon and mint.

Reviewed 5 January 2016 via mobile

Came across this lovely little gem of a place in old Phuket town...the staff in there are ever so friendly. You can either eat or drink in front of cafe, inside cafe or out in the garden. They serve traditional Thai food all from red, green Thai curry to Thai sticky rice...all at very very good prices too...my son had the sticky rice with mango and I had a mango milkshake, and it was delicious...well worth a visit across this street...a proper little gem of a cafe/restaurant

Reviewed 29 December 2015

China Inn cafe is a beautiful old restored building in old Phuket town, definitely worth visiting if you want to experience some old parts of Phuket.

Reviewed 15 December 2015 via mobile

I read that China Inn Cafe was a great place to eat and shop (Phuket.com) and when I got there I was excited because a blackboard had "BREAKFAST SERVED" written on it.

It looks small (I entered from Thalang) and the staff member didn't speak much english but she conveyed that there was neither shopping nor breakfast.

I wish I could have had some food to actually rate this establishment but it looked a bit expensive (though it IS on the main road so that makes sense). It does look clean, I'll say that much.