“Average . . .”

I Pavilion Phuket Hotel
Ranked #64 of 93 Hotels in Phuket Town
Reviewed 30 December 2014

This was my first visit to Phuket and chose to stay in Phuket Town. I booked this hotel via booking.com at B1600 a night. By Bangkok standards I thought it was overpriced.

It seemed to me this was a hotel being used by Chinese group travel, everyday there were 4 coaches outside, I think I may have been the only non-Chinese in the hotel. The reception staff were good, no problem with English although they were a little limited and they seemed to warm to me as I was not Chinese!!

My room was on the 12th floor, very large with a sofa, large writing table, king size bed and dressing area next to the bathroom. Air con was OK but limited in performance. The view was the highlight of the stay from both my room and outside the room. There was some renovation work taking place on the 12th floor but in my experience that is not unusual in Thai hotels.

The buffet breakfast was an experience!! Obviously Chinese influenced with some western items. Eggs, chicken sausage, toast, cereal (one type), orange juice, coffee. Loads of Chinese food but none of the food looked that appetizing. The staff looked harassed, maybe the Chinese are difficult customers . . . I am not sure.

Although the I-Pavilion Hotel is large it is hidden away somewhat and it's a tuk tuk ride rather than a walk from either Phuket town or Phuket Old town. It does have good car parking that is not affected by the group travel coaches. There is a lovely cafe across the road and a noodle place adjacent.

There are many hotels to choose from in Phuket Town so I wouldn't automatically choose this one for a future visit but I would not dismiss it as a non starter.

Room Tip: Pay the highest you can afford, top floors for stunning Phuket views
  • Stayed: December 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 16 December 2013

The hotel has recently finished renovation and generaly is in good condition, the best thing that I loved was the fascenating view of the beautiful mountains from the large wall to wall window in my room,it was really charming.the hotel is beside a school,and I enjoyed so much the scene of pupils in the morning row which recalled very glad memories of my old days.the room was spacious and comfortable but it was a little bit smelly,maybe because of the high degree of humidity and being not in use for a while.Breakfast was nice with a lot of thai food.As for location ,it was not the best,but this point applies for all phuket town hotels because it dosen't offer a lot for a tourist ,I think having a hotel in PATONG beach would be the best choice.

Room Tip: high floor rooms provide charming mountain view
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank BOSHRA76
Reviewed 20 October 2013

The service was ok. The staffs are willing to help only if you asked. The hotel was under construction when we stayed. Hence, the breakfast area and the lobby does not have air conditioning. The room is spacious with wide windows. The location of the hotel is not really convenient. The guy who is responsible for our airport transfer is very nice.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MunYee789
Reviewed 15 September 2013 via mobile

Exterior: Old high building. Small business and lobby area.

Interior:Standard clean room facility.At least had bathtub

Food:standard so so breakfast.

Location:Hardly find hotel. Narrow alley road to get in on both entranc side. Our group tour bus coach took almost half an hour to forward-backward bus parking in!!
Not close too anything. No 7-11 nearby need to walk 15 min up to get there on Chino-Portugese local house area.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed 13 June 2013

Myself and some friends stayed here for 2 nights on route around Thailand and i would not reccommend it!!
The hotel was under construction so the lobby area was out of use and they were using a side area which was not great, the staff spoke very little English so when trying to get directions to find a restaurant this was not great!
The bathroom had a poor excuse of a dripping shower and the bed was not comfy. The windows were very thin and being on the 7th floor this was scary! The pool was a funny colour and the lift slams shut on you after 10 seconds and does not have sensors. We also had 3 powercuts in 2 days. We wanted somewhere cheap and cheerful for a couple of days, it was cheap but it was certainy not cheerful. The area was also dead nothing to see around the hotel you would need a Tuk Tuk to get anywhere!

Room Tip: Dont go here
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends