4,653 results
All reviews lagoon pool lotus restaurant carpe diem team baht bonanza cabana room mix bar tropicale rooms red onion beer garden pool party irish pub kids club two chefs water slides happy hour entertainment team family holiday
Reviewed 29 August 2010

Well, i read many reviews before i booked the Centara Karon, my Superior room with Ocean View was very small, shabby and in need of a professional makeover, in comparison to superior rooms in other Asian countries i have visited this one was the worst plus the fact the beds were hard, when i say beds i mean beds instead of the king size we requested we ended up with two different height singles pushed together, as reported in previous reviews the water was a brown color.
Meals, service and staff were good although the breakfast was cold for the duration of my stay.
My Complimentary dinner was a set menu believe it or not deep fried chicken and chips, thought i was in the states when they told me that, we declined to eat that rubbish.
Overall Centara is a resort that is fast becoming a cheap hang out .
If booking this Centara be sure you know exactly what you are getting before hand as the glossy photos of rooms on the web are not like that in reality.
Karon itself offers very little, limited shopping in the immediate area and expensive taxi fares to Phuket Town shopping centres, Patong or anywhere else you want to go, the beach, although open most days for swimming is very dangerous and many lives have been lost there, definitely do not let your loved ones swim here unless they are very very competent swimmers, Kata would be better in my opinion.
I realise this review goes against what is the norm here but it is how i see it as a retired Travel Agent and now editor of a free travel magazine.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank perthite1111
Reviewed 26 August 2010

Saw some negative reviews for this hotel so we were very happily suprised by the quality and location. The rooms were fine, had everything we needed, the 'terrace pool' had a swim up bar. 'Tuk tuk', ran the bar on most days, she was one of the friendliest people we've ever met, always happy and she made the holiday fun......would definately return there - Thanks Tuk Tuk.
The Spa was superb, more pricy than local businesses but worth it.

Only negative was the restaurant for Dinner times, food was cold and poor service.....but when you have the Red Onion so close, there's no need to go further.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 August 2010

We stayet there 11 nights and all staff especially bar staff were extremely friendly and helpful.
I would recomend this hotel if you are going to Phuket with your kids and stay somewhere bit quiet..
Thanks for all staff who were extremely nice to my son.

Reviewed 15 August 2010

We spent ages reading reviews for this hotel. Having read so many positive ones we felt confident about booking this resort for our holiday. What a mistake! Our first room (on the ground floor, lagoon deluxe) was a bit shabby and dirty looking and no matter how many mozzies we killed, more kept appearing. We asked to be moved to a room upstairs and thankfully this was no problem and there were less insects. This room was the same as the first one, the most disappointing thing being the bathroom, which was particularly tired and dirty (see photo). The beds were clean and comfortable though. The hotel grounds and pools were average and there was a distinct smell of drains/sewage. The breakfast buffet was reasonably good with a lot of choice. We didn't eat at the hotel restaurant in the evenings as it seemed quite expensive compared to some of the local Thai restaurants in the town. The beach was very nice and clean (apart from the river/stormwater outlet to the beach and access paths had broken glass and rubbish littered along them) but the sand was too hot to walk on apart from near the water's edge. The sea was clean and warm but had very strong currents and waves, so you could not let your children paddle on their own, it was too dangerous. This is how it was in March, it may be cooler and calmer at other times of the year. Karon town is a complete dump. Dirty, tacky, lumps of broken concrete everywhere, but the worst thing was the prostitutes sitting around touting for business. If we passed them as a family they ignored us, but if my husband passed them by himself he would frequently be asked "you want massage with happy ending?" !!! Many times we saw very young Thai girls holding hands with old white men, it was revolting. We had heard things like this about Thailand, but we didn't expect to see it so much all day, every day in a place sold to us as a family resort! A few days into our holiday we visited the Movenpick as we almost booked there instead of the Centara. We chose Centara because it was cheaper and people had said in reviews that they were similar. I cannot imagine how anyone could think these two hotels are similar! Centara is nowhere near as nice as the Movenpick and we really wished we had booked there instead, it's so beautiful. We went there several times pretending we were guests so we could use their pool! I won't visit Karon again and I would never recommend it to families. The only positive thing I can say is that the Siam elephant safari was excellent.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
8  Thank VanessaJoe
Reviewed 30 July 2010

we stayed 3 nights in Centara Karon beach. I booked superior room. my first impression was not enough for Centara i have stayed before different Centera hotel. They gave me room number 1408. (there is a horror movie called 1408) The bathroom has problem ( water was not draining) i asked to change my room they did not resist and changed my room instantly. Location of the hotel is very nice. Shopping and restaurants are very close also for muslim tourists there is halal restaurant. Next time i will try Centara villas.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple