Having arrived to Phuket from a 15 hour flight we were delighted to receive a refreshing welcome drink. Check-in was smooth and effortless and we were greeted with smiles and warmth by everyone from our transfer driver to the bell boys to the front desk staff. Even when walking through the resort you could not pass an employee without being acknowledged and asked if any assistance was required. I have never experienced service like this in any country and it puts European hospitality (or lack of it) to shame!
Having been brought up to our room we were dismayed to discover that the aircon was leaking water. We brought this to the attention of the reception staff and they immediately moved us to another room. We also had an issue with the hot water boiler not heating one evening and this was fixed almost immediately as soon as we brought it to attention of the front desk. (By immediately I mean the serviceman knocked at our door within 5 minutes - perfect service!)
The service was impeccable, the staff always had a smile on their face and were as helpful as could be.
The only thing which we could mention that they could do better in would be including VAT and service charge in the prices for food and drink-although this could be a Thailand thing that hotels do. Also, it would be much better if they had a kettle in the room rather than a burker boiler. The boiler takes some time to heat up.
The Tuk Tuk drivers charge 300 baht to go to Patong so we would recommend availing of the transfer service the hotels provide at 100 baht per person.
We went to Patong a number of times and unfortunately the only time we received bad service was in a restaurant called Patong Sea Food. We would not recommend here as the waiting staff are very impersonal and rude. By contrast , the Red Onion in Karon serves fantastic, reasonably priced food, with quick and pleasant service. It's popularity can be easily gauged by the seats offered outside for diners awaiting free tables! One thing about Thai food is their medium spicy would be a hot spicy for Europeans so if ordering chili, mild is more than enough.
If lie us you prefer an Irish/UK breakfast to a continental/American breakfast we recommend the O'Toole's bar accross the road rather than the buffet at the hotel. Again great service and great prices. The waiting staff are always smiling and very helpful even though they seem to work from morning till night!!
If you are thinking of going on any tours or trips we highly recommend Piyada at Adis Tours (email email@example.com) She offers great value on all tours and airport transfers(half the cost that a hotel will charge) and will help you choose the right tour that suits your needs and will not try to rip you off in any way. She even offered to re arrange trips we'd booked if the weather changed. Service was far beyond what could be expected and once again delivered with a friendly smile and a warm greeting everytime we passed her office! A true pleasure to meet such an honest and hard working person who would bend over backwards to accommodate her clients!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the heart of Karon Town, with an abundance of eateries and entertainment options at its doorstep and Karon Beach a short stroll away, the resort is perfectly located to experience the many facets of Phuket. As a destination in its own right, Centara Karon Resort Phuket fulfils every holiday aspiration, from pure bliss at Spa Cenvaree to active holidays and family fun with activities galore, yoga sessions, three swimming pools, waterslides and a kids’ club. This four-star resort, laid out within beautiful gardens backed by green hills, is comprised of four very distinctive residential zones. Couples and small families will find the rooms and Honeymoon Suites at the Terraces a comfortable retreat, and enjoy the option of ocean view or a private outdoor Jacuzzi; while families and groups of friends are spoilt for choice with spacious guestrooms set moments away from the waterslide and games of the Lagoon pool. The generously-sized one- and two-bedroom Cabanas feature a private terrace with a plunge Jacuzzi. As a fun place for families, the resort has a kids’ club with daily activities and three expansive swimming pool areas complete with three children’s pools for the younger ones to splash in, two waterslides and pool games. Pool parties are held regularly, and other activities include tennis and football. The resort also has two restaurants, a sports bar, and three swim-up pool bars A scheduled shuttle service takes guests from the resort to Patong, and Phuket International Airport is reached in less than one hour. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, TravelUp, Booking.com, Fastbooking, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Centara Karon Resort Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Karon Resort Phuket Hotel Karon
- Centara Karon Hotel Phuket
- Centara Hotel Karon