We stayed at the Centara as part of our honeymoon. We spent 3 nights in KL and then went on to Bangkok for 2 nights. We had 8 nights at the Centara in a Cabana room.
After reading reviews on here we upgraded our room to a cabana with a private pool and we're so glad we did. The 'Terrace' part of the hotel is a high rise block and doesnt look half as nice as our area.
when we arrive there was sparkling wine, a tropical fruit platter and a chocolate cake with 'happy honeymoon' iced on to it! The room was amazing and the pool was great.
We had a wonderful time at the Centara and would recommend it highly. The only niggle we had was that the housekeeping staff would put our dirty roomservice trays outside on our terrace and they would be left there for sometimes quite a long time. The worst ebing when we had 3 room service trays waiting to be collected after 2 days, they were finally taken after 2 phone calls to complain. The other thing was the pool sun loungers, there just werent enough and we didnt get a sun bed untill our third day there. There are rules at the pool to say that after 30 minutes of not being used the beds would be cleared for other people, this was not enforced and people would leave towels there all day and return 3 or 4 hours later!
The staff were lovely, very friendly and welcoming. We ordered a barbecue on our terrace and whilst we were out they transformed our terrace with a huge barbecue, laid table, chairs, loads of salad, breads, a side table full of dips, oils, seasoning and dressings. Later on they brought the fresh food, we had 2 rock lobster, 2 blue crab, 6 huge prawns, cockles, mussels, clams, tuna steak and sword fish steak. It was amazing and with the best meal we had all holiday. They even brought us a spotlight to make cooking easier. It was very romantic and a wonderful idea, the whole thing cost £20 for the both of us!!
In the Cabanas you get the option of having breakfast brought to the room for no extra charge, we used this quite oftern as the breakfast buffet was quite busy and hot. the breakfast menu was nicer on the room service menu too.You also get complimentary cocktails and canapes brought to your room between 5 and 7pm.
The buffet breakfast was very nice though, good quality, large selection and good service. We normally went around 8.30am and found no queues btu we did see people queuing about 10am.
The one big disappointment of our stay was not being able to swim in the sea. We much prefer the beach to the pool but didnt go as it was too rough to swim.
Apart from the few small niggles we loved it here, we had a wonderful honeymoon and would recommend the centara. however I have noticed that people staying at the terraces have felt differently.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the heart of Karon Town, with an abundance of eateries and entertainment options at its doorstep and Karon Beach a short stroll away, the resort is perfectly located to experience the many facets of Phuket. As a destination in its own right, Centara Karon Resort Phuket fulfils every holiday aspiration, from pure bliss at Spa Cenvaree to active holidays and family fun with activities galore, yoga sessions, three swimming pools, waterslides and a kids’ club. This four-star resort, laid out within beautiful gardens backed by green hills, is comprised of four very distinctive residential zones. Couples and small families will find the rooms and Honeymoon Suites at the Terraces a comfortable retreat, and enjoy the option of ocean view or a private outdoor Jacuzzi; while families and groups of friends are spoilt for choice with spacious guestrooms set moments away from the waterslide and games of the Lagoon pool. The generously-sized one- and two-bedroom Cabanas feature a private terrace with a plunge Jacuzzi. As a fun place for families, the resort has a kids’ club with daily activities and three expansive swimming pool areas complete with three children’s pools for the younger ones to splash in, two waterslides and pool games. Pool parties are held regularly, and other activities include tennis and football. The resort also has two restaurants, a sports bar, and three swim-up pool bars A scheduled shuttle service takes guests from the resort to Patong, and Phuket International Airport is reached in less than one hour. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Agoda, Expedia, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Fastbooking, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Centara Karon Resort Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Karon Resort Phuket Hotel Karon
- Centara Karon Hotel Phuket
- Centara Hotel Karon