My stay: Jan 6 until Jan 10th 2011 (I am writing this on my last day on the property):
Let's start with the good things about the hotel:
1. Beautifully landscaped property....vast property and feels vast, does not have the claustrophobic feel of the Movenpick...another similarly large property that has been segmented in such a way to feel small...prefer the Hilton's use of the space
2. Great breakfast and Sunday brunch in the breakfast area (ordering breakfast in the room is altogether a different matter)
3. Housekeeping efficient, friendly and do a good job in cleaning the rooms
4. Andaman Lounge and lobby lounge great
5. Check-in was relatively quick
6. Quiet location in Karon, away from the hustle and bustle of Patong...if that is what you prefer....but in defense of Patong, the hustle and bustle is not nearly even half as bad as Bangkok...
7. Transport to and from the hotel is relatively straightforward, with good availability of taxis and tuk tuks on the beach road side of the hotel.
Now the negative things about the hotel, and many of these relate to basic services:
1. Ordering breakfast in your room is a disaster...ordered tea and two days in a row they did not bring me tea bags, and the hot water was rather cold...not a great recipe for making tea...extremely stingy on the sugar as well, i guess they figure it is not good for me, or could be part of some cost saving measure...croissants were rather cold and crusty
2. In-room pay tv, was not working for the 5 days i was there, although I made numerous attempts to have this resolved...i was informed this was a problem hotel-wide, and that the outside company that they use could not resolve the problem
3. One of the only hotels in the world that I have stayed at where guests get charged for wi-fi in the lobby....with most hotels, this is a basic service, and guests only have to be worried about whether there is free internet/wifi in the rooms, but one often does not have to think about whether wi-fi/internet will be available for guest use free of charge in the lobby...think again, here u get charged for wifi in the lobby and internet use in the lobby (the rooms do not have wi-fi only internet cable). And the charges are quite expensive. And the chargeable wifi is slow.
4. The deluxe rooms in the best wing in the hotel, the Lotus wing look rather dated....I had a seaview deluxe room and it was much smaller than the internet pictures imply and rather dated.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort is located on the island’s west coast and offers a range of fun and relaxation options for parents and children alike. The resort sprawls over 75-acres landscaped gardens, right on the golden sands of Karon Beach. The resort is conveniently located to four world-class golf courses, elephant riding, scuba diving, ancient golden temples and an abundance of shopping areas. It is the place that you’d rather be with your family for next holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Hilton EMEA, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Agoda, Ebookers, Expedia, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Phuket Arcadia Hotel Karon
- Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort And Spa
- Phuket Hilton
- Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa Karon