I used to live in Asia and my stay at the Hilton in Phuket was the first time I paid to stay in a resort in this part of the world. Typically I stayed in guesthouses but I found an amazing deal online and had to book it.
The Hilton was exactly everything I expected - huge resort, solid service, several pools, overpriced food, Westernized rooms. If you're someone who needs consistency and doesn't like surprises, this hotel is for you. You don't feel the need to leave the resort because everything is there.
Karon Beach is across the street in the back part of the property, which is actually the main part of the Hilton. If you enter through the formal front entrance it's a long drive from a main street where there isn't much of anything. If you want to go anywhere, exit from the back. Anyway, you can rent chairs at the beach or bring your Hilton towel and sit directly in the sand. The beach is lovely but unshaded if you don't rent a chair.
My friend and I were upgraded to a room with a view of the ocean which was wonderful as we could see the sunset through the trees. The room itself was very nice and spacious. In terms of maid service, it was extremely slow and ill timed. We would leave the room for breakfast and see the cart servicing rooms on the floor and by the time we came back late in the afternoon, the cart would still be there. I don't know what kind of method they use to hit the rooms but having our room cleaned at 5 PM one day was unacceptable as we had to wait on the balcony so she could finish! Also, they were stingy with the toilet paper. The maid kept folding it into a tiny triangle but we weren't supplied with more. The other thing I was hoping for in the bathroom was a bidet. I was disappointed that there wasn't one (I'm talking about the spray hose). Given that the hotel was Westernized, I could understand no bidet but we're in Asia! Get with the bidet.
It was nice to mix it up with a resort stay in Phuket. Phuket has changed a lot in the last few years so staying there was sort of in line with how Phuket itself has been changing. If you want predictable, stay at the Hilton. If you want to pay a fraction of the price and feel like you're in Thailand, don't stay at a resort like the Hilton!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort is located on the island’s west coast and offers a range of fun and relaxation options for parents and children alike. The resort sprawls over 75-acres landscaped gardens, right on the golden sands of Karon Beach. The resort is conveniently located to four world-class golf courses, elephant riding, scuba diving, ancient golden temples and an abundance of shopping areas. It is the place that you’d rather be with your family for next holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Ebookers, Booking.com, TravelUp, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Phuket Arcadia Hotel Karon
- Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort And Spa
- Phuket Hilton
- Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa Karon