We got a room overlooking the garden with a partial sea view. The room was newly renovated, so was very nice indeed. We were surprised that the double bed was two single's pushed together. Otherwise apart from a 9am knock to check the minibar!!!! Our experience was good, I thought the quality of the breakfast was good every morning and enjoyed stocking up for a hard day in the sun!
However the reason I would give this place 3* is because quite frankly the price of the resort lounge's and bar's was just extortianate. We only had a plate of chips from the bar, knowing that the price was expensive, however once you added the VAT & Service it worked out at around £3.20 for a plate of chips! I wouldn't even expect to pay that in a 5* in England, let alone Thailand. This sort of inflation was placed accordingly on all meals and restaurants in the resort, therefore for me I just felt like I was being completely and utterly exploited by the brand Hilton. Thus meaning I will probably never stay in another one, as I just felt it was still a take take take atmosphere when I arrived. They also wanted to charge me and my girlfriend to play tennis after 6pm, whilst it was not alot with the racket hirer they also wanted to charge, it just came down to the principle after what we had paid. Honestly how much does it cost to have a few spare tennis balls and rackets around? Claiming that the extra money they wanted for the tennis caught was to cover the flood lights!
The 3 swimming pools were great and Karon Beach was a nice area, tucked away from the very over crowded Patong. However my experience of Phuket wasn't great on my holiday and the whole place was on average about 50% more expensive than the rest of Thailand.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort is located on the island’s west coast and offers a range of fun and relaxation options for parents and children alike. The resort sprawls over 75-acres landscaped gardens, right on the golden sands of Karon Beach. The resort is conveniently located to four world-class golf courses, elephant riding, scuba diving, ancient golden temples and an abundance of shopping areas. It is the place that you’d rather be with your family for next holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelUp, Agoda, Expedia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Phuket Arcadia Hotel Karon
- Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort And Spa
- Phuket Hilton
- Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa Karon