I have been to the Arcadia resort too many times to count - way back, even before Hilton bought them over. The service at check-in and check-out is always top notch, and the staff are usually very friendly and helpful.
The property has been under-going renovations and upgrading works over the last year, looks like Hilton are putting in quite a bit of dollars to make this place even better. I haven't been here in nearly two years, and in that time, they have:
1) Upgraded the rooms in an entire wing (I think it's the Andaman Wing)
2) Upgraded the pool and pool area looking out to the sea (new pool tiling, new wooden decking, new sand/beach area near the pool)
3) New restaurant
For HHonors members, try to ask for an upgrade that will get you into the Lotus Wing. For Gold members, you get access to the members only lounge (Panorama Lounge on 11th floor) for complimentary breakfast and Happy Hour from 5pm.
There is a Taxi and Tuk-Tuk service hut outside the hotel (facing Beach Road). Both forms of transport offers the same price, so if you like the Tuk-Tuk experience instead of the comfort of an air-conditioned Taxi, just let the drivers know. A word of warning - don't think that you can get a cheaper rate if you flag one off the roadside. The drive-bys don't like to stop near one of these service huts, as they don't want to upset the service operators. If you want to flag one down off the road, walk some distance away from any service huts. But there is no real benefit to flagging one off the road, so don't bother.
The rooms are all of fairly good standard - haven't seen the upgraded ones, so can only comment on the non-upgraded rooms. We usually stay in a Deluxe room (but they told us that the rooms have recently been re-named, so we're not sure what it is called now!) that has a small lanai area. Beds are big and comfortable. Bathrooms and bathtubs have seen better days, room amenities are good. Complimentary bathrobes and bedroom slippers are all plush and look new.
The resort is laid out on a massive peace of land, with tennis courts, a separate spa building, a children's playground, a small putting range, 3 swimming pools and 4 separate hotel wings. There is a Welcome Lobby, where you would get dropped off by the airport transfers, and you get onto a 'trolley' that will take you to the main Lobby. Overall it's an impressive resort, and being close by the Patong (for those interested in the Phuket nightlife), it's has a slight edge over other 5-star resort chains like the Marriott, Sheraton, etc. Granted, it's not as luxurious as some of the other resorts, but it always feels like home when we check-in here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort is located on the island’s west coast and offers a range of fun and relaxation options for parents and children alike. The resort sprawls over 75-acres landscaped gardens, right on the golden sands of Karon Beach. The resort is conveniently located to four world-class golf courses, elephant riding, scuba diving, ancient golden temples and an abundance of shopping areas. It is the place that you’d rather be with your family for next holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Booking.com, Ebookers, Agoda, TravelUp, Expedia, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Phuket Arcadia Hotel Karon
- Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort And Spa
- Phuket Hilton
- Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa Karon