All reviews amazing infinity pool steep hill private jacuzzi min walk balcony internet tuks
Reviewed 15 April 2016

Love the hotel. Quiet. Friendly. Big room. Had the pool almost to ourselves every day. Mainly Chinese guests but they went out during the day. Highly recommended. We had a jacuzzi deluxe room. The jacuzzi function did not work but it was like a huge bath on the balcony. Secluded and a great escape from it all. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Asiatravel.com
Reviewed 18 March 2016 via mobile

The staff were absolutely lovely despite the language barrier, once I called and advised our power had gone off in our room to see if they knew why and the lady said "ok we bring you up more towels" but I can handle that. However that's where the positive stops, the beds were so hard my husband and I took turns sleeping on the couch, I wasn't able to get hot water for most of our stay & even though we asked about it at reception it was never followed up or resolved. The pool was amazing but that didn't really make up for the bed.... I just can't get over how hard it was.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 January 2016

My first experience here. My first impression was terrible. 7 PM on a weekday. My taxi dropped me off at the bottom a steep hill, bags and all. No one was there to help carry the bags up this hill. Finally the security guard came and helped. Once we made it to the stairs, then a bell hop joined in. It was super hot, and I at least was greeted with a cold wet rag. The desk people were polite. Got to the room via a golf cart, as the way is too steep for anything else. Hence the super view, about the highest point at Karon Beach. To get to the room with out a cart, (which they are happy to pick you up if one is available), you take a glass enclosed lift from the 1st to the 4th level. It takes about 30 seconds between floors. One the first night, the AC in the lift did not work, and it had to have been over 60C. I nearly passed out from the heat. To get to the lobby from the 2nd floor, there is an elevator. At least it had fans. I complained to the manager after the desk people could not understand. He said they were waiting on parts. Now, to me, if that is the only mode to get to the top other than 2 golf carts, I would have thought this one out a bit better. Have windows in the glass cage. Pretty simple. Ok. Fixed the next day, I was somewhat happy.

At breakfast, there was a tour going on, so many people eating, though I still got great service. The food was ok for breakfast, the typical stuff for a buffet. Dinner or lunch I usually ate alone, and what a shame. The place shined if you love real Thai food. The price was not much more or the same price as down on the street. The workers in the lobby lounge were the best, they made the trip much nicer. Great people!
The main dining area is not enclosed, but is covered. The lobby lounge is enclosed and has AC.
The room as large and clean, and the view could was the best for sure. AC was great, water pressure was good, but if someone nearby flushed or also ran a shower, be ready for a hot or cold blast of water. The floors are hardstone, so if the room below you is occupied, you will hear everything. Some tour groups arrive late at night, so ear plugs will definitely be needed. Or, carpet on the floors. The heavy wooden chairs also have no pads on the feet. I could hear the chair being moved in a room 2 rooms over.
The beach is about 15 easy minute walk. A shuttle goes every half hour from 10:30 am to I think 4 pm. It would be nice if it went much earlier, as it is cooler.
The price, well, you pay for the view. The people, and especially in the lobby lounge workers are super. Some workers have a decent command of English.
Going up and down the stairs in the hottest part of the day was not fun, and I am very healthy. If you have bad knees or heart, or frail, this is not the place for you.

Room Tip: I think they all will have a good view. Hope you get one without noisy neighbors!
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 January 2016

Unfortunately this place has seen much better times. Lift is essentials to this resort cause it has been built on a hillside. During our 7-days stay the lift has been out of function at least once a day. Umbrellas at the pool look disgusting and some are broken. If someone swims in the pool the water drips on the stairs underneath right on top of the guests using the stairs down to the lobby. I you take a closer look at all the premises you get the feeling that the management seems not to care AT ALL about all that. This is hard to understand cause the Hotel has a beautiful view towards the bay, a nice pool and - over all - such a friendly and helpful staff.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 January 2016 via mobile

Just got a short trip to Phuket and we had a great time at Phunaka resort and spa. The room was big and comfortable and you just woke up with amazing view of the ocean! Staff were friendly and very helpful. Too bad that it's only 1.5 nights there but definitely going back again:)

The pool is a must if u stay at this hotel...just sitting there, relax, watching sunset and forget about the busy world! Overall experience 10/10 :)

Stayed: January 2016, travelled with friends