All reviews safety box karon beach stay there again pools balcony
Reviewed 30 July 2018

Under construction so no access to facilities like swimming pool, gym, sauna, restaurant. no aircon in the 'hotel', no bar or service. It is more like a boarding house. You have to pay 1000BHT for a key deposit which you only get back when you leave. We moved hotels and they refused to refund our money. The photos are very deceptive. It is dirty and depressing. I would not recommend this place.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Budget Hotel, our main attraction was location, across the road from the Karon beach!
Rooms are reasonable except bathroom is tiny! Bed was comfy! Breakfast was included and I must say it was the worst ever in my experiences! Absolutely nothing against Russian travelers but this hotel is totally focused on there custom! And I guess that 80% plus are Russian, at least in the 2 weeks we were there anyway!
Close to restaurants, bars and convenience stores!
Check to see if these guys are doing renovations as Gym , Rooftop pool & bar were out of action, too many hotels trying to get away with this these days!
Checkin be prepared to be hit with a demand for 1000 baht cash as a key deposit, no way out of this or they will refuse to check you in, this again was a first for me!
We had no issues and were given our deposit back at checkout and all was fine!
However in you rooms you will find a itemized list of everything in the room, cups, pictures on walls, towels, light fittings etc... it all has a price on it so be careful.
Most staff were friendly, don’t challenge the reception manager on the cash deposit you just do it or don’t stay, mind you they already took my payment for the weeks stay so not to many options for us!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

This did not get off to a good start. On arrival we were asked to pay a 1000bht CASH deposit for the key. No cash deposit, no check in. We are very well travelled and have been to Phuket 9 times now and never been confronted with this before. As we had already been here for a week and furthering a travels in Thailand after here it was something we were able to do however if you arrived in the middle of the night with no Thai baht, problem! Also if you are heading home on departure you are stuck with a fair bit of Thai cash at the end!
Our room was clean and comfortable with a good size balcony with 2 chairs but no table which we found to be inconvenient. There is also a very noisy air conditioner unit on the balcony. Most of the balconies are very small. The bathroom was tired but practical. The bed was hard but comfortable with a mattress topper.
The worst of this hotel is the breakfast! We stayed here for 2 weeks with the same food on offer everyday that was not very nice really at all. Only pineapple and watermelon on offer for fruit, all the hot food is all but cold, no egg station and the most watery tea ever. No teabags supplied to add to strengthen your cuppa, I bought my own.
The staff were all quite friendly and this hotel is in a pretty good location. Be aware that the photos on the internet of the pool areas and facilities must be very old as the pool areas are very tired. The pool on the rooftop and the gym and restaurant are currently under renovation.
We definitely would not stay here again or recommend it!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bonnie U
Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

Do not stay at this hotel, you really need to avoid at all cost. It's totally disgusting it's filthy and the view from our room 5305 is the worst I have ever seen. I don't really bother with reviews but I felt I must write about this place it's so bad. Please don't waste your money avoid it like the plague you might just catch the plague if your silly enough to stay here.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Caggie101
Reviewed 21 April 2018 via mobile

I went here with one of my friends, We are both in agreement it is the worst hotel we have ever stayed in. Strongly recommend no-one to stay here especially for the price they are asking! It is ludicrous.

The breakfast is absolutely disgusting, staff aren’t friendly. Only okay thing is the location!

Avoid avoid avoid!!!