This hotel is fabulous, it is a tropical paradise where the staff are so kind and friendly. The hotel and the rooms are so clear they sparkly and the staff really go over and beyond for you. The hotel is nestled on beautiful Karon Beach, which has a lifeguard on the beach and clear flags displayed when the tides are strong, however with the choice of numerous pools, water slides and a lazy river you are spoilt for choice. The pool bars all operate on payment on checkout, acting like an all inclusive, so not to worry about money for food and drink.
Karon beach is a short walk, however in 40 degrees heat a tuc tuc is advisable and very cheap.
Patang is the opposite direction for a wild night out and equally affordable.
The food and restaurants on site are nice however a little on the pricey side, but the lunar bar has fabulous cocktails.
We had a large family holiday of ten of us, four sets of couples one with two young children, and all found that the hotel and the location caters for all ages, tastes, and whether you want a relaxing or crazy time Phuket is the place for you. I strongly recommend this hotel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Drawing its design theme from the Sino-Portuguese architecture that characterises Phuket Town, the five-star Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket is right on the sands at Karon Beach. The resort is backed by a green hill, and grouped around its own landscaped water park which features a meandering lazy river, waterslides, a kids’ pool with a waterslide, a cliff jumping platform, and an adults-only pool with its own pool bar. You will love the other exhilarating leisure activities on offer, including water sports (kayaking, windsurfing and sailing), snorkelling, tennis, and Muay Thai (Thai boxing). Diving can also be arranged, and there’s a fully-equipped fitness centre. Relaxation seekers will head to the award-winning Spa Cenvaree, a refuge for the senses which combines ancient healing practices that reflects Thailand’s wellbeing heritage with modern rejuvenation techniques to nurture and rebalance the body. The resort also has age-specific kids clubs, free Wi-Fi, and seven restaurants and bars, including COAST Beach Club & Bistro. Each of the spacious rooms, suites and pool villas (49 to 209 square metres of total living space) is designed in a Sino-Portuguese décor and features a balcony or terrace with soothing views of the pools, the gardens or the sea. A number of rooms come equipped with an outdoor Jacuzzi while the suites comprise a plunge pool. Phuket International Airport is less than one hour by road from the resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Fastbooking, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, TravelUp and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket Hotel Karon
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket Karon