I have just returned from staying at the Centara Grand Beach Resort and struggled to understand why others had issues with this resort as my experience was completely opposite!
My husband and I spent 8 days at CGBR with our best friends (another couple) and had a magnificent time.
We had booked 2 x One Bedroom Pool Villas & upon check in we were advised that our rooms were unavailable due to the recent floods in Southern Thailand.
We were downgraded to 2 x Deluxe Pool Suites. If I were more familiar with the room types I would have requested 1 x Luxury Pool Suite with a connecting Deluxe Pool Suite as the Luxury pool suite was a little larger and had a wrap around balcony.
Whilst we were disappointed intially, we still had our own plunge pools and our rooms were connected via the balconies. CGBR also compensated us with "pocket money". This meant that we had massages, facials, drinks, food etc that we may not have normally spent in the hotel. So in hindsight we felt that we had a better holiday as it was easier for us to congregate together (rather than being seperated by stand alone villas), share our private pools, hotel tabs etc.
The main pool area is just stunning! The lazy river & waterslides are great fun for big and little kids, the adults only pool exhibits a beautiful sunset most nights and Mare Restaurant food quality is outstanding with a gorgeous ambiance.
The staff are truly delightful and we found them all to be helpful, gracious and always greeting us with a smile! Even when we had the inital disappointment with our rooms, they went out of their way to ensure our stay was a comfortable & memorable one.
The hotel is in a great location - easy walk to Karon shops & markets, on the beach, with a quick THB300 Tuk Tuk ride to Patong or Kata.
I would STRONGLY recommend a stay at the Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket and will definitely stay there when next we go to Phuket.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Drawing its design theme from the Sino-Portuguese architecture that characterises Phuket Town, the five-star Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket is right on the sands at Karon Beach. The resort is backed by a green hill, and grouped around its own landscaped water park which features a meandering lazy river, waterslides, a kids’ pool with a waterslide, a cliff jumping platform, and an adults-only pool with its own pool bar. You will love the other exhilarating leisure activities on offer, including water sports (kayaking, windsurfing and sailing), snorkelling, tennis, and Muay Thai (Thai boxing). Diving can also be arranged, and there’s a fully-equipped fitness centre. Relaxation seekers will head to the award-winning Spa Cenvaree, a refuge for the senses which combines ancient healing practices that reflects Thailand’s wellbeing heritage with modern rejuvenation techniques to nurture and rebalance the body. The resort also has age-specific kids clubs, free Wi-Fi, and seven restaurants and bars, including COAST Beach Club & Bistro. Each of the spacious rooms, suites and pool villas (49 to 209 square metres of total living space) is designed in a Sino-Portuguese décor and features a balcony or terrace with soothing views of the pools, the gardens or the sea. A number of rooms come equipped with an outdoor Jacuzzi while the suites comprise a plunge pool. Phuket International Airport is less than one hour by road from the resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Fastbooking, TravelUp, Agoda, Expedia, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Hotels.com so you can book your Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket Hotel Karon
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket Karon