Sitting here at the poolside bar of this ever so pleasant hotel, I only have good words and take note I am very critical esp., since traveling around Thailand and the outer countries for nearly 3 years.
Read many reviews before chancing upon this one, looked at 4-5 star resorts to B&Bs (Karon, Kata & Patong) and the reviews were so mixed favoring on the poorer side, I thought this was a good gamble.
Anyway, the Staff is most friendly, the room (Superior on the 5th floor facing the pool) is quite comfortable. The elegant Bamboo trim throughout brings a serene comfort placing you outside the relative confines of the concrete town. The room itself, has that old-style, Japanese feel. The bed - basically a mattress on the floor (no box-spring & not a futon) with a raised platform/step on both sides. As far as the hard mattress, which is common throughout Thailand, this one is just right - I sleep peacefully. I've been at 5-star hotels where you feel as if your sleeping on a slab of wood, here is not the case. The room is equipped with a large flat screen TV with a Mac Mini connected to it (NOT an Apple TV). The internet/WIFI is as expected on an Island within Thailand - very slow. To the bullets...
• Room comfortable & quiet enough for a good night sleep (NO bugs & just right in "firmness" mattress). You also get a Towel bag for the beach.
• Staff friendly & accommodating; regards to the language barrier, English is good
* Pool - small but very relaxing & plenty on lounge chairs
• Restaurant is sparse and comfortable in that Bamboo trim. Haven't tried the food yet. Then again I rarely eat hotel food.
• The immediate area is typical with minimal street noise. VERY safe & compared to Bangkok, very clean.
There are massage parlors & minimal small restaurants lining the street, a Gym on the corner to the beach road & a row of bars in a little nook across the street. I rented a motorbike from a Falang owned restaurant on the street behind the hotel for 150 BHT a day - they just wrote down my Passport info. Just to say, there is no REAL or Legitimate reason why any company has to hold on to your passport. These Thai companies (Motorbike rentals) want to keep your Passport, but I believe the reason to be less honest. To each his own.
I don't know the walking distance to the beach, as I like to ride, but it's short as I can see the horizon from the entrance. Patong is about 15 minutes by the beach road. Haven't ventured using the short-cut yet. Patong is similar to Pattaya except much cleaner & much more safe in the area of chaos - though please to all, stay out of the dark allies. The overall location is what it is pending on your desired transportation. If you choose to go by feet, then a resort maybe more fitting, as there are few restaurants. Or maybe just get a place in Patong. By transport, everything is at your feet.
Back to the hotel, I highly recommend. Just learned (excuse my spelling), there is a go-cart track & shooting range just over the hill in Cha-long. Along with the beach activities...bliss.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bamboo House Phuket is an ultra stylish boutique hotel offering a unique combination of sleek yet minimalist decor with a bamboo theme echoed from the pool garden outside all the way through to subtle details in every room.With top of the range hi-tech amenities and inclusive high-speed wireless internet available in each room, Bamboo House is the ultimate choice in providing all of your needs whether for work or for play. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bamboo House Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bamboo House Phuket Hotel Karon
- Bamboo Hotel Phuket
- Bamboo House Phuket Karon