“Lazy afternoon - great ambiance”
Review of 64 Wine

64 Wine
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Sandycove
Reviewed 30 October 2018 via mobile

I sat at the window reading and people watching while waiting for a friend. 2 flat whites later she arrived and we moved to a table further in. My friend had almond and fruit cake while I had fish cakes and salad and a couple of glasses of Rioja. The service was attentive but unobtrusive and the food and wine delicious. The surroundings are full of interest - well displayed wine with good signage, special bits and pieces - e.g. Skellig chocolate and funny cards.
(Apologies for fluffing the tip - I had to get change )
Thanks for an enjoyable afternoon.

Date of visit: October 2018
Gerard464, Owner at 64 Wine, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2018

Thank you Miri for your very kind words and for taking the time to post your views. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

Love 64 wine always bring friends and family for lunch before getting set coach.Huge change in staff, very slow service,the atmosphere was stressed.food still good, but we missed the coach.

Date of visit: September 2018
Gerard464, Owner at 64 Wine, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2018

Juan
I am so sorry to read your comments and clearly you are a valued regular customer. If it is not inconvenient could you please call me as I am anxious to get some more detail and rectify the issue.

Gerard Maguire
01 2805664

Reviewed 9 July 2018

we visited the restaurant at the suggestion of friends. Unfortunately whilst the restaurant had a degree of charm the tables were a little crowded which suggested the priority was to get as many bodies in the restaurant whereas a little more concern for client comfort would have been appreciated.
We order wine by the glass - white wine was warm rather than chilled - we appreciate that it was a warm day but the restaurant should have still ensured that even a glass of wine should be at least served at the right temperature. Food was reasonable - service was fair - they should attend to the details in order to improve

Date of visit: July 2018
Gerard464, Owner at 64 Wine, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2018

Hello John
I am disappointed that you didn't seem to enjoy your visit to 64wine. I am very cross about the wine temperature and have tried to ascertain who served the wine. It is not acceptable to serve the wine at the wrong temperature and I apologise sincerely.

As for the 'crowded' table design, that is something I will neither apologise for ,or change. I suppose it's something you either like or don't like, but it is part of the attraction of the shop and very popular with those who visit us.

Again please accept my apologies for the wine temperature as we pride ourselves in the highest standard of wine service.

Regards

Reviewed 4 June 2018

Glass of wine and a lovely antipasti, its a fantastic place to relax and enjoy an evening, so much better when you can sit outside and enjoy the sun.

Date of visit: March 2018
Gerard464, Owner at 64 Wine, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2018

Gmack thank you very much for taking the time to post such a positive review. It means a lot to all of us in 64.

Reviewed 15 May 2018 via mobile

A great wine bar in Glasthule
Owner very passionate about his business and his wine
Huge list and great deals with corkage
Only gripe is the food can be iffy and staff while very nice can be unattentive. They need to decide their food provenance
Great potential and a very popular location

Date of visit: May 2018
Gerard464, Owner at 64 Wine, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2018

Hello

Thank you very much for taking the time to review 64wine and for your kind comments on the wine. We will take on board your other observations .