Villa Via - Midrand
US$160
US$138
Hotwire.com
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$153/night.

The Reef Hotel(Johannesburg)(Great Value!)
US$72
US$59
  • Restaurant
Amber Rose Country Estate(Johannesburg)(Great Value!)
US$74
US$69
US$392
US$337
  • Pool
The Residence Boutique Hotel(Johannesburg)
US$366
US$347
Hotwire.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 19 April 2017 via mobile

We arrived on Sunday night and were to start work on Monday morning so we didn't have many options. Therefore settled in as we were also new to SA so we didn't want to risk moving around.

My immediate reaction was disappointment. The place looks old and unkempt. Their is no air circulation in the corridors and it smelt damp. The place is also very squeezed. Two of our rooms had ants in the bathrooms and windows. We told the receptionist (Elkanah) who got it fixed the next morning and the ants disappeared. Elkanah is an essential component in this establishment. Were it not for him, I doubt they would be in much business. He called the uber for us every morning and also called to check up on us at the restaurant where we went to have dinner on the 1st night.

We paid 700R per room. We got the rooms at the top of the stairs which were the best compared to the other rooms. However, as we had paid cash for the first 2 nights, we requested to pay for the other nights via booking.com since it is cheaper but they told us the rate on the site is for the rooms below which were not that good.

My room was constantly hot so I had to have the AC on 24/7. My bathroom also leaked all the time so I had to lay towels on the floor all the time.

The was no food available so we had to eat out all the time. Which is as well coz the one meal they serve is terrible; the "continental" breakfast. Nothing continental about it. Just a loaf of bread placed on the table with margarine, cereal that looked stale, cold milk (they warmed when we requested), a kettle of hot water with teabags etc, ham and yoghurt. And some fruits. No eggs, no sausage, no bacon. I passed on the breakfast after the first day.

I regret not reading the reviews in advance. I would never have chosen to stay there.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank Sheilla A
Reviewed 13 April 2017

If you want to get smoked and don't mind things filthy, this horror movie is for you. Be warned the convenient location is not enough to make up for all the misrepresentation of this establishment. My biggest mistake was not ready all the terrible reviews, I normally do, so I had to checkout after one nights stay and getting moved around from one room to the other, or rather from bad to worse. Paid for full stay in advance, another mistake on my side, but did not get refunded after my early checkout, however it was by far better loosing the money than staying another night at this hotel

Room Tip: Not one room is good, they're all terible
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Benjamin v
Reviewed 24 September 2015

I cancelled my reservation way in advance for which I am supposedly entitled a full refund. However, they haven't refund my money nor have they replied to my emails or those from Expedia which is where I booked this hotel.
Stay away from this place people, they are plain thieves!

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PepeCortisona
Reviewed 28 July 2015

My colleague and I were booked there for four nights..upon arrival the place looked old and untidy from the gate to the yard with old dirty flags. The place smells terrible and the rooms are a shocker , my bathroom door had a chain attached to assist with closing and opening and my bathroom window couldn't close properly. The beds were a nightmare with old looking furniture. My room was not properly cleaned and there was no water and I was told there was nothing they could do. We eventually went for breakfast and that was the worst of all, there was no eggs, bacon , sausages ( claiming to serve a continental breakfast which is a blatant lie) the yoghurt tasted old and the coffee was served with lukewarm water. I really think the placed should be visited by inspectors and closed down , it doesn't deserve the 3star grading , its a total disaster of a place I will NEVER go there again and will strongly advise people to not go there ever.

Room Tip: Don't go there!
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled on business
2  Thank Nomsa1987
Reviewed 11 March 2014

We will process your refund immediately after you cancel, and you should see a credit on your billing statement within 30 days or less of cancelling your booking, or on your next billing cycle. If you do not see the credit after 30 days, call our customer service team.
Whilst the above is listed on www.securehotelsreservations.com, a booking site for the Hotel, there policy is: We are aware of your booking and the cancellation, yes we took the payment from your credit card .The reason was to secure your booking. Unfortunately you will get the refund after two weeks of your departure date. Its a hotel policy. I have been waiting for my refund which according to hotel policy should have been paid out on the 7th February and it is now 11th March, they do not answer E mails or the phone

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends