US$121
US$290
US$206
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$236/night.

US$173
Sunrock Guesthouse(Kempton Park)
US$109
US$98
Travelocity
The Reef Hotel(Johannesburg)(Great Value!)
US$73
Hotels.com
US$454
US$437
Agoda.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 11 March 2014

We will process your refund immediately after you cancel, and you should see a credit on your billing statement within 30 days or less of cancelling your booking, or on your next billing cycle. If you do not see the credit after 30 days, call our customer service team.
Whilst the above is listed on www.securehotelsreservations.com, a booking site for the Hotel, there policy is: We are aware of your booking and the cancellation, yes we took the payment from your credit card .The reason was to secure your booking. Unfortunately you will get the refund after two weeks of your departure date. Its a hotel policy. I have been waiting for my refund which according to hotel policy should have been paid out on the 7th February and it is now 11th March, they do not answer E mails or the phone

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank TomySteele
Reviewed 8 October 2013

We had a most horrible time at this hotel. It is dirty, neglected (hasn't seen a layer of paint in years) and it felt like a hostel when we got there. No one assisted us with our luggage and we had to walk up three flights of stairs. The continental breakfast is cereal and milk. They used my colleagues face cloth to clean her bath and used her toilet without flushing it. And to top it all. they changed our rates from what we were quoted and we paid R2400 more in the end. Oh yes, and the DSTV is linked to the one in the reception, so you have to watch whatever they are watching and they channel hop all the time..... Not a nice place!!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Monean W
Reviewed 24 September 2013

I recently stayed at Hotel Villa Via at Midrand while attending an Exhibition and I was thoroughly disappointed. The 3-Star rating is very misleading.

Getting to the hotel itself is a challenge unless you have your own car or you hire a cab. The train station is 10 minutes by bus. The rooms are mediocre and dining options are limited. The Wi-Fi never worked in the rooms, even though the receptionist promised during all 4 days of my stay that the problem will be fixed "tomorrow".

The hotel owners are real nice people but they need to invest more on the property. If I were to visit Midrand again, I would explore other hotel options.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank GlobeTrotter290
Reviewed 10 October 2012

I stayed at the Villa Via Executive Apartments for a fortnight during a business trip in March this year. I was booked in to their 2 bedroom apartment - It was really clean and well maintained throughout the stay.
The best aspect of the stay for me was the convenient location... You can walk (10 mins) down to the nearby Sandton City and Nelson Mandela Square Malls. There are also several cafes and fine dining restaurants close by. Also nearby is a cute little park that you can head to for a jog in the evenings. The hotel staff were helpful and the laundry service was prompt. My stay turned out to be quite peaceful... although sometimes in the night the place seemed a little too quiet and desolate.
The cons? The food options are extremely limited - even the breakfast is mediocre except for the eggs to order - however there are several excellent restaurants that you can walk to across the road. Also, there isn't much in the way of a fitness center or gym - something I sorely missed during my stay.
Overall it is indeed a business friendly guesthouse. If you're looking for a convenient location in Jo'burg that can offer a peaceful stay without too many thrills or frills - this might be a reasonable choice to consider.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank AustereSkydiver
Reviewed 6 September 2012

We booked at the Villa Via via Expidia for a 7 night stay. The pictures displayed make this hotel look like the Ritz! On our approach to the hotel, I was shocked at its run down state. The external paint was falling off the wall. It would be more suited in a township.

The staff were in helpful. We wanted some soft drinks after a 24 hr flight. We were advised that the hotel didn't sell soft drinks. We where taken to our room, which was directly off the breakfast area. No security, just a wooden single lock door. The room smelt damp, the cupboards where filthy and the bathroom black mould.

We where so tired after our journey. However, this didn't stop us walking straight back out of the room and leaving the hotel at Mach 1 speed. We didn't even take our luggage from the car.

We are not complainers, and in my opinion, if we did complain, the standard of the accommodation would still have been the same.

Unfortunately there is a zero rating. Therefore I have to apply on circle.
Please take our advice. DO NOT BOOK THIS HOTEL.

Room Tip: Ermmmmmmmmm.......Don't go.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family