All reviews fairytale wedding loire valley consummate host coach house making us feel dream come true an amazing job felt like royalty bread magical experience every corner chateau de explore the grounds croissants friends wedding amazing wedding wildest dreams
Reviewed 9 June 2016

A truly memorable experience for many people with the ones they love in France!

We had the most special wedding we could possibly have hoped for, the place is truly amazing. All of our guests can't stop talking about it. This is not really a traditional hotel, when there aren't any special events going on, it's really a very unique bed and breakfast chateau. Al the rooms are different and have their own character. The staff are great, the owner is super nice and this will be a place you'll always remember once you've visited.

As this was our wedding, it's clearly a very unique situation, but I would absolutely recommend this chateau as a destination wedding location. We stayed for 3 days and had things going on all the time including brunch a barbecue along with the fully customized wedding day complete with fireworks that would rival any 4th of July or 5th of November event (the Brits and Americans will figure those dates out).

Room Tip: All the rooms are unique and one offs
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
5  Thank John B
Reviewed 9 June 2016

I stayed 4 nights at the Chateau as part of wedding party and, it was the perfect balance of "real" people, sharing life stories, caring about our every need, making things happen, great staff atmosphere - AND - a magical, gorgeous setting. Every room is different; every time you look around, there is something new to be seen. The nature around the Chateau and lake is just amazing. It's both peaceful and remarkable all at once. Cynthia picked us up at Angers personally, got us connected with other guests, helped with our car rental, recommended a FANTASTIC Michelin star restaurant nearby for our first night, sent us off on the Sunday with an umbrella and Chateau hoody, given our unpreparedness for the rain. The communal breakfast in the downstairs kitchen was convivial and DELICIOUS, as was every other morsel we ate there, not to mention the wine we drank..... I cannot recommend the Chateau highly enough. Whoever goes there on my recommendation, ENJOY!

Room Tip: Just ask Cynthia; she knows the answer to everything!!
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
3  Thank Bernadette_Ridge
Reviewed 8 June 2016

despite the train strike that almost didn't allow us to get there, we were able to rent a car to drive there from paris. coordinating all the details with cynthia has been a pleasure. She made sure everything was just as discussed even though she wasn't there... Fabien make sure we were happy with everything. He is a one man show, he made dinner & breakfast for us. Everything turned out perfect for our one night stay in the gate. a beautiful place and grateful there wasn't any rain!

Room Tip: wifi was not available in the gate room
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 June 2016

We were guests at a friends wedding at the Chateau. The castle is nothing short of a real-life fairytale experience. Since we were part of a wedding experience, we had full run of the castle. Eating next to the fireplace in the "Downton Abbey" style kitchen was surreal. My absolute favorite spot!! Yes, it's a little run-down in some areas but being built in the 1800's, one would expect it. It's part of the experience for sure. My only complaint was having to walk down the hall to use the bathroom. That's part of the castle experience, but be prepared because not all the bedrooms have their own bathrooms. The room we were given in the main castle was gorgeous...decorated in victorian reds and dark woods. Absolutely gorgeous! The mattress, however was a little saggy and glad we didn't have to stay another night due to an achey back. Cynthia, the owner and wedding organizer, is very attentive to the bride & groom and seemed to love having guests. She was kind, accommodating, and involved in all the details. We felt so comfortable roaming the facilities the entire weekend. An unforgettable weekend for sure!
P.S. Take lots of pictures, you'll treasure them when you are back home.

Stayed: May 2016
Reviewed 24 May 2016

The whole experience was magical. I am writing as the mother of the groom as my son and his wife are still on honeymoon and i don´t expect them to have written as yet.. They found the chateau on the internet, had never seen it, nor had visited the área, nor knew anything about the organiser Cynthia, so it was a big gamble. On approaching the huge stone entrance from the village one just had to gasp at the view of the chateau and gardens but one of my worries was that as it was filled with beautiful antiques and looked very stately we might find it hard to let our hair down and really relax together... Not in the least! Cynthia and her team could not have made us more comfortable. The huge four poster beds, the delicious breakfasts in the old castle kitchens, the lovely formal celebration meal... I could go on... but I think you get my enthusiasm. If you have any doubts about using it as a wedding/celebration venue, or even a holiday stop over... DON´T. All our guest are ringing me with such lovely memories of our too short stay there.

Room Tip: As it was a family wedding I saw most of the rooms from the grandes to the newer ones and everyone was more tan happy
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family