“4 visits 4 great meals”

Kayra Mediterranean Restaurant & Meze Bar
Price range: US$5 - US$51
Description: Kayra Mediterranean Restaurant serves the finest dishes in Leighton buzzard with a wide range of choice of meals and with excellent service. We are open 7 days a week.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Friendly informative staff with great sense of humour. Food was tasty, hot, and beautifully presented. Hot sharing platter was full of different flavours, didnt know I liked haloumi but it was great. My sea bass was very large and cooked just right. My three previous visits were good experiences too, best lamb chops, a little noisy on a Friday night but it adds to the character of the place. Try it!

1  Thank Pollywitsend

Reviewed 17 March 2018

We ate there for the first time on Thursday evening and we simply cannot fault it. The staff are absolutely lovely, friendly and welcoming, the service was really good. As for the food, it was just beautiful and so much of it. I would not hesitate to recommend this place and I hope this business stays in our town for a long time to come.

1  Thank Anj J
Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

Delicious food, friendly, welcoming staff, great atmosphere.
One of the best Turkish meals I've eaten and I live in Turkey!

1  Thank Jane W
Reviewed 13 March 2018

A group of us thought we would give this place a visit. We were lucky to have a table upstairs with a lovely view over the High Street. Staff were friendly and helpful, when it came to chosing from the menu our waiter was very helpful with suggestions. One of our party preferred cocktails, dont think they were normally on the menu selection....but our waiter again was very helpful in providing a choice selection.
A couple of other tables upstairs had b'days, so each time they bought out the cake the music would be turned up...a little loud sometimes but still enjoyed the evening. If you enjoy mediteranian food we would recommend you give this place a go. Lovely staff, great service and good food.

Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

Ourselves and another couple went here 2 weeks ago for a meal and I was really disappointed, all the bad things about out visit were...
We were sitting by the front door which had one of the strangest features I have ever seen, it could only be described as an air-lock in a spaceship from a sci-fi movie by virtue of the fact that people were wrestling with door to get in and out and when they thought that they would walk through the door it would suck closed making a loud vacuum noise, all this was great fun watching people struggle but we were blasted with cold air every time which was not so fun.
I paid £6 for 3 prawns for my starter, £2 per prawn! I’m pretty sure not even Rick Stein charges that.
My wife had lamb and eggplant for her main (I’m not sure of the name) but one would assume that it would be something resembling a Moussaka but in fact for £15 it was some “mush” smeared on a plate with a few of chunks of Lamb chucked on top, we expected more for £15.00.
Bizarre that there were no carbs on the menu, great if you’re Joe Wicks but not great if you were thinking you’d be eating either Rice, Chips or pitta bread, all pretty common place and found in every other Turkish restaurant I have ever visited.
The BBQ onion was also a disaster, basically what looked like a raw onion swimming in pomegranate juice, in fact everything seemed to swimming in the stuff, it was on all of the salads also.
Worth mentioning was one of the guys that served us had terrible musty bodily odour, that is just unacceptable.
4 people eating with a few drinks was the best bit of £170.00, so terrible value for money in my opinion and I’m afraid we won’t be visiting again.

5  Thank Mark W