See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 December 2016 via mobile

New hotel in Springbok offering a welcome change from overpriced and average offerings in the town. Although new and modern by Springbok standards it is quite cold and clinical. But for me ample parking and on site restaurant will bring me back.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 September 2016 via mobile

This Art Deco place hasn't had much done to it since the fifties judging by the furniture and fittings. We were greeted by a delightful your woman who seemed to be the only staff on duty and so played the role of receptionist, waiter and bar tender. Took us a while to understand why we couldn't go into the dining room and order our dinner but instead had to give her our choices at the reception desk. All became clear later when we found out we were the only diners! Dinner took a long time to come but was nice when it did, by which time we had managed two bottled of wine from the bar. Breakfast was a hoot with the three kitchen staff all involved in producing the egg dishes - by now we had a large group with us in the dining room. On departure we managed to spill diesel in the back of the cruiser and the same receptionist was very helpful in providing wherewithal to clean it out.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 March 2016

this place should be removed from the hotel list and added to motel list, from outside it looks dodgy there are people hanging around outside. the room i was given looks like the person who was in there was told to quickly get up and go, i found T-Shirt and cool drink, broken light, i did not sleep in my room only came to bath and left, the family room i shared with my colleague was another horror with mosquitoes, dirty carpets, old decorations, the floor makes funny noises when you walk on it. the only thing good here was the breakfast though it was limited. i would not recommend this hotel not even for a person who has less money to spend.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 September 2015

A pleasant 1920's facade in the middle of town would make you think it would be a nice place to stay. It's not even cheap as we'd recently paid less to share to lovely 4 bed house with breakfast at Elkoweru a few minutes walk away....... but unfortunately it was flower season and it was all we could find. This is NOT nostalgia! The current owners do not look to have spent a penny on the place since they bought it in the 1960's. Everything is old and worn out - my bath (no shower at all) had white paint peeling off it! The TV looks older than I am.....the carpets are thin, the pillows are thin and the walls are thin. We had a small group for two nights and not one of us got a decent nights sleep. The hotel is adjacent to the towns nightclubs so we had drunks rolling in at all hours, shouting and turning on TV's with their doors open. The "hotel" (more like a Salvation Army Hostel actually) is open 24 hours so has people coming and going all through the night. We considered a drink in the bar but couldn't breathe in there due to so much cigarette smoke and the pool table was falling apart! It really was the worst place I have ever stayed, a sentiment shared by us all. We all felt quite sorry for Pieta the manager who must despair at the state of the place, the sort of people he has to deal with and the lack of investment by the owners. Todays experienced travelers expect so much more, including wi-fi which is obviously lacking at the Springbok Hotel. The breakfast was OK even though the dining room is a depressing place, but.....unless you are just a working guy passing through or a group of boisterous youths who don't need to sleep, stay here at your peril.

Room Tip: None of them! Our group had 5 different rooms and no one slept through the night.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
Pieta001, Manager at Springbok Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2015

Hi Chris

Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate your efforts and will endeavor with continuous efforts to improve and better our level of service in order to provide a competitive product for all guests.

Thank you also for taking the time and making the effort to discuss your opinion with me before your check-out. It is very seldom that guests convey this to Management, you tend to read it more than often elsewhere, such as social media etc.

Kind Regards
Pieta

Reviewed 1 September 2015 via mobile

I work for a tour company and we had clients pull out of a trip so i was sent to scout out the accomadation and places to vist so we could recommend a detailed trip to our clients . I have started at alot of 2 star and non rated accommodation . I woul not recommended springbok hotel . When we arrived we were early for book in the manage told us to go look at the flowers and come bavk later which we did we arrived back 3 hours later i asked for the room the staff laughed at me and told me it wont be long u said to the lady im in the car please come call me when room is ready she said ok we sat in the car for another hour the manage saw us and was coming and going the whole time the ehen that hour finished the staff member i spoke to got in a car and left. I then went in and complained after sitting in the car and melting for 2 hours . The new reception lady then found out the room was ready. The staff also made it clear it was a mission for me to want to park in the lock up parking. I then got to the room where everything is vintage i even had to ask for a remote for the tv. The manage saw me and could see i was cross but did nothing about it. Im glad our clients cancelled i would have been so embarrassed to have put them through my experience i would not recommend this hotel to any of my client!!! Im sure u can find better 2 star accommodation than this.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
Pieta001, Manager at Springbok Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2015

Denise

Thank you for your feedback. As mentioned you did arrive early, half an hour before our normal check-out time. The guests still occupied the room and hence we had to wait for them to check out. We had a delay in our laundry service and could therefore not have your room serviced as soon as we would have wanted to, however it was escalated by housekeeping. As for your waiting in the vehicle, we do have a Lounge and Bar which you were more than welcome to use, it was thought that you preferred waiting in the vehicle.

However, I do apologize for your less than positive experience.

Regards