All reviews priced drinks bit dated twin room stayed for nights bar area bit run down manchester mercury
Reviewed 2 July 2018 via mobile

I moved from Bolton in 2014 and anytime I head back there I’ll stay here! Clean and friendly and very reasonable on price. From the manager rite through everybody is happy and smiley! Cheers Martin Glynn & Kwez

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Craig G
Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

we stayed for 1 night for a concert near by, handy location and easy to get to plus plenty of free parking.
the place looks a bit run down and is a bit dated, there is a smell of mould when u walk in and its dark but the lady on reception was friendly and helpful.
the room was ok, it was clean and functional but again just out dated.
the walls were very thin and we heard everything in the next room.
old carpets and old furniture, needs money spending on it.
like title says, its budget and if its somewhere just to sleep its fine, we have stayed in alot worse.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 May 2018

Although this is a Motel/Hotel it seems that the main trade seems to be regular party nights. I went here for one such party night but it was a private birthday rather than the Motown or such nights that seem to be the staple. There was a usual DJ / compare laid on and the venue provided a buffet of pasty and peas. The food was plentiful but of limited quality.

The building seems fairly rundown, nothing too serious just a long way from smart. Same goes for the toilets, functional and adequate and just about clean enough. I didn’t stay but friends that did said the rooms are average for the relatively low cost. The bar again was average with a decent enough selection but nothing special.

The place very much reminded me of the old Crossroads TV series. I would describe the place as cheap and cheerless. Don’t think I will be choosing to visit again anytime soon.

Room tip: Pay a touch more and find a nearby Premiere Lodge.
Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 May 2018

An absolute dive with grubby rooms, a filthy exterior that could do with a damn good jet wash and the most unwelcoming welcome from reception but then again I guess you get what you pay for. I don't think I'll be staying at this place ever again.

Date of stay: November 2017
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Second time I’ve stayed at the Mercury! It’s alright! Yes It could do with a spruce up! However! The room was clean, shower was spot on! I stopped here because it was handy for getting into Manchester to catch a bus to Cardiff for the boxing! Best of all was the entertainment on Good Friday night! It was excellent really made my stay a good one! All for £35! Bargain! Just went next door to the garage for breakfast! Plenty of free parking! Which is good! I’ll be back!

Date of stay: April 2018