US$106
US$174
  • Restaurant
US$117
  • Breakfast included
The Blue Lion(East Witton)
US$152
Hotels.com
Tennant Arms Hotel(Kilnsey)(Great Value!)
US$166
Premier Inn Catterick Garrison Hotel(Catterick)(Great Value!)
US$73
PremierInn.com
US$120
All reviewsyorkshire dalesbiscuitsfresh milkfour posterbaconattention to detailsecond to nonelovely rooma real treatlarge roomrural settingwensleydale heiferbeautiful placeplaces to visiteasy accesswedding anniversaryselection of cereals
Reviewed 26 September 2016 via mobile

From the moment we parked the car Vanessa the owner was great.
Welcome tray of tea & biscuits, lovely room, really comfortable bed, full selection tea, mixed filter & instant coffe & biscuits In the room.
The breakfast was very well cooked, good choice on offer, nothing was too much bother for Vanessa.
Hotel very clean, and an amazing house.
Vanessa was always on hand with advice, very smiley happy lady, but never in the way or pushy.
Would highly recommend to stay here.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
vanessa k, Owner at Thornton Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2016

thank you so much :) It was really lovely to meet you both, especially after having to change dates, etc. It's also such a relief to have a review again off people who are happy that staying with me gets them exactly what I offer on my website. This is not a boutique hotel - it's not an hotel of any sort, it's just me, on my own, welcoming people into my home for b&b and being nice to them and providing a pleasant and comfortable environment and being helpful with ideas for things to do/places to go/where to eat. All the online travel agents now mean some people arrive expecting a different set up and it's such a shame when they cant get their heads into the right place to enjoy what is actually on offer rather than what they'd imagined. Thank you for being so kind in your review - it really does mean an awful lot to me x

Reviewed 9 September 2016 via mobile

We spent 3 nights in this delightful house, owned by Vanessa and her family. The house is very large and our bedroom was enormous . Everything was of a high standard with antique furniture , comfortable bed, large TV and everywhere was spotless. The breakfasts were very generous and well cooked. Vanessa was very friendly and tried to suggest places to eat and places to visit. It was a pleasure staying in her lovely home.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
vanessa k, Owner at Thornton Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2016

thank you so much for taking time to write about your stay with me - and for being so kind too! It was lovely to meet you both and I'm delighted you enjoyed staying at my house.

Reviewed 1 September 2016

Well located to visit the Dales of Yorkshire but just off the main route to Hawes in a quiet village. You need a car but there are plenty of pubs for meals and Vanessa the owner is very helpful. Our room was perfect and we had a delightful stay with all you could want for breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
vanessa k, Owner at Thornton Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2016

thank you so much for your kind words.

Reviewed 27 August 2016 via mobile

My second attempt at a review on my stay. I requested my last review, and associated comments from Vanessa, be removed. Trip kindly agreed.

Very pleasant stay in Room 2. The Accessible, ground floor, room. I was attracted more by the size of this room than I was by the fact it was Accessible. Room 1 , a smaller ground floor room , would have sufficed. Whilst poor mobility , not a wheelchair user , I do not have a need for any of the en suite adaptations. At home I have a perching stool. Here there is a shower stool. The informed will be aware of the difference. Having said all that it was refreshing to see a service provider cater for the frail amongst us. Vanessa pointed out the room is designed for the frail , and not those with more specialised care needs. The Access Statement offers guidance in that regard.

Room 2 is huge. A variety of seating arrangements are available. Including table/chairs in the bay window. Ideal for watching the world go by. Or the robotic lawn mower strutting its stuff. Extremely comfortable bed. All that one expects to see in ones room.

The location of Thornton Lodge , of its outward and inward appearance , are excellent. A large car park. Furnished in line with the era.

An acceptable array of breakfast provision. Vanessa works alone at all times. Admirable time management skills, and preparatory work. The lady kindly rummaged up an appetising baguette on two separate occasions during my stay. I did not enquire of the possibility of an evening meal detailed on the website. Packed lunches are not normally offered , Vanessa opined , when I enquired.

Certainly a BnB one may wish to consider if in the area.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
4  Thank Ros1ep
Reviewed 18 August 2016

Its some time since we booked this property but I feel I must add a review. I booked the whole place for my wife's 60th birthday. It was quite simply the best weekend party we have ever had. The place is amazing and Vanessa is quite simply the best hostess you could ever wish to find.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
vanessa k, Owner at Thornton Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2016

Hello Bruce,
what a wonderful surprise to see your review! I remember your wife's birthday celebration with such fondness. I did you those cupcakes and tea loaf for arrival and you had champagne and canapés before dinner. It must be some time ago because I think it was my eldest boy who helped me serve you all. It's lovely that I'm still in your thoughts for you to be so kind now. I try so hard to deliver a party that would make me happy if it were my own, so it means a lot that your weekend rates so highly in your memories. Thank you so much and best wishes to everyone who was part of the fun x