All reviews four poster bed small hotel quiet location short break breakfast was excellent filey mushrooms daniella
Reviewed 24 October 2017

Great peaceful location set in woodlands. Comfortable room well heated as the weather was changing! Restaurant served delicious food too. Staff was extra helpful and friendly. Went for a relaxing walk alongside the river close to the hotel. Just a small hitch the bed was a bit squeaky and mattress too soft!!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

Visited with a group of friends and overall had a really good time. We had two rooms, one was better than the other as one has recently been refurbed to a lovely standard.
The place does need some TLC and they would benefit from putting some outside lighting to the rooms on the outside of the hotel. There was also a really loud noise coming from the pipes in the next room in the morning - luckily we were awake but had we not been it would have been an issue.
The staff are really lovely, and really make a difference. All of the people we encountered were really friendly, and Danielle on reception in particular was so genuine and helpful throughout.
We ate in the restaurant in the evening and the food was really good, very tasty and excellent presentation. Breakfast was also great.
We will be back, but would request particular rooms to make sure our visit was as pleasant as possible.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 October 2017

we we put in a room in the 2 story annexe no heating , had to get someone to fix it
came back the next day to find no bed had been made no towels , tea etc
complained they said they didnt have a key for the room , but they had a key the night before to fix the heating , door curtain looks like out of dickens , that night to hot no way to turn heating down and no key to open window
not a good hotel i good thing was the food

Room Tip: go someware else
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

Firstly let me start with the positives .the staff at this hotel are its biggest asset friendly and helpful . Breakfast was lovely huge choice .
Unfortunatly we were booked originally put into one of the motel rooms .room28 which i can only describe as a room from Alfred Hitchcocks pshyco film .i expected Norman Bates appearring at any second . The room was dark dirty and damp which was proven by the wall paper peeling from the walls and a huge cobweb in the corner next to the bed . If your looking for a room with charecteur for a halloween stay this is your ideal room. The lovely guy on reception got us moved into the main building which was an improvement .room much lighter and cleaner.bathroom very dated floor tiles beginning to lift from the floor and as for the shower well i would at best describe as pathetic my sons water pistol gets you wetter . Water was red hot for bath though and filled quickly .bed was spotless and comfy but very squeaky as were the floor boards it sounded like someone was entering our room through the night think `heres JOhnny`. Beautiful breakfast and service pity the young guy on reception had to deal with customer complaints . It was refreshing to ser some of rooms undergoing a make over . Would we return no i dont think so .to disapointed as i felt first impressions spoilt my plans for a lovely celebration for my husband . Owners please treasure your staff they are amazing and invest more into your property

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 September 2017

I spent 2 nights here and the first night, I was in room 27an annexe room that was on the bottom floor of a 2-storey building it was absolutely freezing and was also very dark, without having the lights on.

the furniture was old and very worn out to the extent that the chairs in my room had lost their colour on the edges and some of the arms.
Due to the thinness of the ceiling in that room and floor above, I could hear every single thing that happened and was said in the room above. this coupled with the freezing cold affected me having a warm and comfortable nights sleep. To enable me to get some sleep i had to wear some of my clothes and use 2 thin quilts., that were worn out and had lost some of their covers colour. (i was so disgusted that i have taken photos of both the chairs and a quilt cover) and some of the wallpaper, that had lots of air bubbles in it.
The water pressure in the bathroom was very low and failed to get much above cold.Due to the freezing room temperature, i was afraid for my health ,as i am living with low immunity, from a medical condition
it was not possible to open the window to let some fresh air in as there was not window lock key.
when I went for breakfast I mentioned all of my complaints and was given an apology and told ,that my things would be moved into room 2 that was within the main building and also did not have any rooms above it. I was also given a complimentary breakfast. but never offered any further compensation or reduction. I decided that because of the first nights farce, i would not be staying for 3 nights as originally booked in for?

The second room ( umber 2) was much more modern in appearance and warm to the touchunlike room 27, it was better decorated, and comfortble to use. but soon after, i had taken the kettle of the shelf, to fill it with water, the shelf that was holding the tea and coffee sachets and cups etc simply fell off the wall and hit my leg and everything ended up on the room floor. The bathroom sink was worn out close to the hot tap.

In my opinion, the quality of the hotel that i have seen, left a lot to be desired and was vastly overpriced and not worth the prices charged.

The saving grace of this venue, is the caring and considerate staff, , who do everything they can to help guests and advise them of local places and serrvices
The food is fresh and well coooked , but like the rooms overpriced
So to anyone who is looking at their web site, I personally would say be very wary ,before booking ,as you may end up regretting booking this hotel

I was glad to see the hotel disappearing through my cars back window as I left for my homeward journey!!

Room Tip: do not accept rooms in the 2-storey building
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo