We stayed at this property from 20th to 24th July, 2016 and found the property to maintain a good standard. The hotel also have some wonderful staff and we were very impressed by superb guest experience provided by Ms. Jovlina at the reception. She always greeted us with a big smile, upgraded us, provided us with a complementary extra bedding in the room and a complimentary cake on the occasion of my wife's birthday. She was undoubtedly the best part about the hotel. Thank you ma’am for making our holiday more memorable.
For the benefit of readers, I am highlighting some of the pros and cons about the hotel:
1. Superb Location: North and South Goa are both easily accessible. And the property is located very close to some other very good beaches like Uttorda, Colva and Arossim Beach. A very very nice location indeed.
2. The property provides an excellent Value for Money.
3. Good Food taste, both at the Breakfast and In Room dining.
4. Kid’s friendly hotel with a play area, swings and in house family of lovely ducks.
5. Departmental store just outside the hotel from where you can buy all daily utilities including alcohol and a superb taxi service provider also available near the hotel.
1. The Uttorda beach was not accessible from the hotel during our stay as there was a dirty stream which was flowing between the hotel and the beach (Monsoon Time). Maybe, the hotel can consider building a small wooden bridge to overcome that. This was for sure a big disappointment as we felt so near but yet so far from the beach.
2. There was a slight bad stench in our room especially noticeable while entering the room but nothing major. However, the quality of housekeeping can definitely be improved. It seemed that some of the housekeeping staff broke a glass and not able to clean it fully, some small pieces were visible.
3. The number of umbrellas that were kept in the reception area were insufficient especially during the monsoon season. It became an irritant especially when it was continuous rain during our stay.
But in a nutshell, I would recommend this hotel for its location and extra value for money that it offers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 5 Star Royal Orchid Beach Resort & Spa...... Serene Seashore/Coastline.....Luxurious well maintained lawns......Petit cute gardens.....Water bodies with live Koi fish,lilios,lotus,orchids & anthuriums.....Tempting clear blue pool.....Remember we are on the beach,not at the beach..... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Hotels.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Agoda, Booking.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Royal Orchid Beach Resort & Spa, Goa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Orchid Beach Resort And Spa, Goa
- Royal Orchid Beach Resort & Spa, Goa Hotel Utorda
- Royal Orchid Beach Resort & Spa, Goa Utorda